University of Florida C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No my friend has a GPA below 3. I don't know how far below, but I've heard that they usually are afraid to take on students that drop below 3.0.

The very high PCAT would make me look for extenuating circumstances if I was on the admissions committee. Did the applicant underestimate the difficulty of college courses at first? Did he initially have poor time management skills? Has the problem been corrected?

Upward trend is always a plus but UF certainly does not hold a one time exam over the body of work through years of classes. (Unless, the grades came from a questionable school or likewise, the grades came from their own school).

Members don't see this ad.

for those who got the interview, how long did you have to wait from the day you've submitted your secondary/supplemental application? and if you anyone knows a way to check the status of the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who got the interview, how long did you have to wait from the day you've submitted your secondary/supplemental application? and if you anyone knows a way to check the status of the application?[/QUOTE

Are you in the right thread? According to your profile you are pre-dental.
This is the Pharmacy thread.

Last edited:
Yes, I applied to both pharmacy and dental school. I'm originally a dentist from a foreign country, but haven't been lucky to get into dental school for the past 3 years, and I realized that the pharmacy field is also as good, and I will be doing what I like, which is to deal and treat patients with a doctorate degree..

Yes, I applied to both pharmacy and dental school. I'm originally a dentist from a foreign country, but haven't been lucky to get into dental school for the past 3 years, and I realized that the pharmacy field is also as good, and I will be doing what I like, which is to deal and treat patients with a doctorate degree..

We don't treat.

When did you apply? Have you taken the PCAT? Have you received the e-mail confirming your application is complete?

We do... When you go to a pharmacist asking for help for which medication you can take, when you get a prescription and that medication conflicts with something else you are already taken and your doctor either didn't know or didn't realize it or did a mistake... when you give vaccines... when you talk nicely to people.. why are you underestimating the job!?

Reactions: 1 user
When did you apply? Have you taken the PCAT? Have you received the e-mail confirming your application is complete?
I applied probably a month ago, my GPA and everything was calculated in 2 weeks, and I have received the confirmation e-mail and submitted both UF applications probably 10 days ago. But I don't know what is the time frame until you hear anything back, and I'm not aware of how to check the status..

I applied probably a month ago, my GPA and everything was calculated in 2 weeks, and I have received the confirmation e-mail and submitted both UF applications probably 10 days ago. But I don't know what is the time frame until you hear anything back, and I'm not aware of how to check the status..
I applied to UF as well, and my app is already verified and my GPA calculated, do I have to wait for their email so I can submit the supplemental? I am confused :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Suzy go ahead and submit the supplemental. It takes 3-4 weeks to hear back

It takes 3-4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I applied to UF as well, and my app is already verified and my GPA calculated, so I have to wait for their email so I can submit the supplemental? I am confused :confused::confused:

Good luck!!!!! :)

so I applied to UF as well, and my app is already verified and my GPA calculated, so I have to wait for their email so I can submit the supplemental? I am confused :confused::confused:

Do not wait to submit the supplemental. Do it right after you submit via PharmCas.

Is anyone else getting the "we have received your app" email repeatedly? I'm confused.

My son is a reapplicant and he kept getting the we received your app e-mail. He contacted MaryBeth. Apparently the computer was sending his
stuff to the old Pharmcas ID. If you are complete and you keep getting the e-mail I suggest sending MaryBeth a line.

Thank you Oldbat, that helps. Will email her.

I sent the supplemental already well one of them, but they ask in the other which campus do you prefer and reasons, I really do not care what campus I get in, I just want to get accepted to one of the three lol and besides that at this point, I do not know that much about the campuses other than reading older threads here and all the info on their website, so how I suppose to answer that question? should I just put I do not have preference at all? lol sorry if it is a silly question. :D

I got an interview Dec 17 who else is going? I am excited! yay!

My kid has one on that date. Did you decide which campus you would like.
Congratulations!!! ......I chose Gainesville and then Orlando, I really don't mind I just want to get accepted in one :):happy::happy:

Last edited:
I sent the supplemental already well one of them, but they ask in the other which campus do you prefer and reasons, I really do not care what campus I get in, I just want to get accepted to one of the three lol and besides that at this point, I do not know that much about the campuses other than reading older threads here and all the info on their website, so how I suppose to answer that question? should I just put I do not have preference at all? lol sorry if it is a silly question. :D

I realize you already sent in your preference, but I can speak to the choice of Gainesville vs. Orlando. Gainesville has the most live lectures and a lot of seminars, so they've got that going for them. Gainesville also has an academic infrastructure (stuff like libraries and cafeterias). Orlando, on the other hand, is an incredibly cool city to live in. There's lots and lots of stuff to do. And also, Orlando is full of hospitals, many of which hire tons of UF students. One of Orlando's hospitals currently has like 40 UF students working in its pharmacy!

The spellcheck on this board suggests I change "Gainesville" to "Bougainvillea".

Oh and Jax has a tighter dress code and fewer students. Don't know very much about that campus.

Oh and Jax has a tighter dress code and fewer students. Don't know very much about that campus.
Not in the best area of the city. Hospital has a fantastic trauma center. They treat a lot of low income people, but everyone gets excellent care. The campus itself is nice.
There are not any places nearby to rent. Mostly Government housing. I used to attend church with the hospital pharmacist and she never said anything negative.

I realize you already sent in your preference, but I can speak to the choice of Gainesville vs. Orlando. Gainesville has the most live lectures and a lot of seminars, so they've got that going for them. Gainesville also has an academic infrastructure (stuff like libraries and cafeterias). Orlando, on the other hand, is an incredibly cool city to live in. There's lots and lots of stuff to do. And also, Orlando is full of hospitals, many of which hire tons of UF students. One of Orlando's hospitals currently has like 40 UF students working in its pharmacy!

The spellcheck on this board suggests I change "Gainesville" to "Bougainvillea".
I actually prefer Orlando more LOL, I live in Miami and is closer, but everybody keeps telling me about the live lectures and everything you just said, so that's why I chose Gainesville, I really do not mind to watch the lectures by myself probably I will do it either way. I know Gainsville fills quickly and I do not have a bachelor or that amount of experience as many people have here, also English is not my first language so I am fine with Orlando as well. Thanks so much for replying, oh do you know about the interview? I am really really nervous, this will be my first interview ever :arghh::arghh::arghh:

^I'm actually sworn to secrecy about the interview. Wish I could help. Really.

Does anyone know if any/many out of state applicants are considered for UF? It looks like most of the people on this thread are FL residents...

Someone from the West Coast commented they had an interview so yes none residents are considered.

Does anyone know if any/many out of state applicants are considered for UF? It looks like most of the people on this thread are FL residents...

During my interview, there were quite a few out-of-state students.

Pharmacy school.....

I'm a student at Orlando and I would NOT apply to Orlando campus if applying again. Faculty and staff is great but the facilities just don't accommodate students. Much more MTM/ research focus.

I'm a student at Orlando and I would NOT apply to Orlando campus if applying again. Faculty and staff is great but the facilities just don't accommodate students. Much more MTM/ research focus.

There are a lot more opportunities for any type of pharmacy work in Orlando (several hospitals, retail spots, ambulatory, etc.)

But yeah most people from Orlando say the same thing... the campus is nice but 3/4 of it is not even pharmacy related.

There are a lot more opportunities for any type of pharmacy work in Orlando (several hospitals, retail spots, ambulatory, etc.)

This is a huge plus. I browse several pharmacy message boards and students in other cities seem desperate to land a hospital internship. At Orlando I estimate that that 15% of the student body is employed as hospital interns.

Orlando Campus is in a brand new neighborhood called Medical City. Much of the neighborhood is a work in progress. Food options are limited and the campus has no library. It has temporarily lost its quiet study room because the MTM center has grown very large. There is some remodeling going on in the campus and a lot of construction in the neighborhood and I assume that within a year or 2 it will be much more amenable.

Got accepted today! yay!! :soexcited::soexcited::banana:

Got accepted today! yay!! :soexcited::soexcited::banana:
Well it looks like you did not have a nervous breakdown Congrats. Which campus?
My son was also accepted. He will be at Orlando which was his second choice. :soexcited::clap::highfive:

I just got accepted into UF college of pharmacy at my first choice- Orlando campus. Having trouble deciding between UF and USF. USF is my alma mater and I really like their program but UF is ranked 7th in the nation and a city change is always good. Not sure exactly where to go.

Well it looks like you did not have a nervous breakdown Congrats. Which campus?
My son was also accepted. He will be at Orlando which was his second choice. :soexcited::clap::highfive:

thank you!! no haha actually the interview went really well, I got Gainesville.. it was my first choice. Congratssss!!! :soexcited:

I got an interview Dec 17 who else is going? I am excited! yay!
How long did it take after you submitted your supplemental to get your interview? It seems to be less than the 3-4 weeks. Also what were your stats?

How long did it take after you submitted your supplemental to get your interview? It seems to be less than the 3-4 weeks. Also what were your stats?
I sent my supplemental Dec 5 and I received the interview Dec 7, to be honest everything with UF was really really fast, application, interview, and acceptance.. my stats overall gpa 3.7 and 93% PCAT

I just got accepted into UF college of pharmacy at my first choice- Orlando campus. Having trouble deciding between UF and USF. USF is my alma mater and I really like their program but UF is ranked 7th in the nation and a city change is always good. Not sure exactly where to go.

Go with the cheaper option.

But if you care about the quality of the program... then choose UF. The curriculum will be much more intense than USF.

Hello everybody, I was just admitted to UF from the December interview group. Just out of curiosity - for those admitted, when you received your admissions letter, did it outline what prerequisite courses you have left to complete?

Hello everybody, I was just admitted to UF from the December interview group. Just out of curiosity - for those admitted, when you received your admissions letter, did it outline what prerequisite courses you have left to complete?
I was admitted too and no, the letter did not outline any prerequisite, I have to take biochemistry and I am taking it this spring, but I am worried because reading the admission prerequisites the other day, I think I am missing one besides Biochem, did your letter outline the prereqs?

I was admitted too and no, the letter did not outline any prerequisite, I have to take biochemistry and I am taking it this spring, but I am worried because reading the admission prerequisites the other day, I think I am missing one besides Biochem, did your letter outline the prereqs?
My letter didn't outline any outstanding prerequisites either. I plan on emailing their admissions coordinator this week just to confirm with them.

Also out of curiosity, have you received an email from Certiphi about your background check yet?

My letter didn't outline any outstanding prerequisites either. I plan on emailing their admissions coordinator this week just to confirm with them.

Also out of curiosity, have you received an email from Certiphi about your background check yet?
no, I think that is after you pay the deposit and all that, and the link is no up yet..i just checked and it says my UFID cannot be verified.

ohh and let me know if you email them..:D:D I listed in my pharmcas about taking Biochem but not the other course, ugh I am confused lol

Last edited:
You should know what prereqs you need to take. They do not outline anything in the admittance email.

ohh and let me know if you emailed them..:D:D I listed in my pharmcas about taking Biochem but not the other course, ugh I am confused lol

Definitely, I'll let you know when they reply to me. I tried making a seat deposit a couple weeks ago and the website returns the same message you got. I assume they'll have it up this week.