University of Florida C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any fb group page have been created?

Members don't see this ad.

ohh and let me know if you email them..:D:D I listed in my pharmcas about taking Biochem but not the other course, ugh I am confused lol

Hi Suzy, I just got an email from Ms. Yokomi today. She replied that I fulfilled all my prerequisites - she was fast in her response so if you want to, she'll tell you what prerequisites you have outstanding.

Hi Suzy, I just got an email from Ms. Yokomi today. She replied that I fulfilled all my prerequisites - she was fast in her response so if you want to, she'll tell you what prerequisites you have outstanding.
hey thanks so much, I emailed her and she said the same thing to me yay!! see you in August then :D :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. My name is Pat, an accepted student for the class of 2020 from Georgia. I'm trying to figure out a way to meet other accepted students so I can find a roommate and get info on how to figure out what apartment I should live in. If anyone has any info, maybe a Facebook page for incoming students or something please reply and let me know!

I just got accepted into UF college of pharmacy at my first choice- Orlando campus. Having trouble deciding between UF and USF. USF is my alma mater and I really like their program but UF is ranked 7th in the nation and a city change is always good. Not sure exactly where to go.
What were your stats and when was your interview at USF?

Starting this year, UF will not be accepting any students to their St. Pete campus. This will mathematically eliminate roughly 30 seats (about 10%) of the incoming class in an effort to decrease the student body to faculty ratio...

So with that being said... lets get this thread started!

Son_Goku, are you currently a student at UF? If so, would you mind telling us about your educational experience thus far, and particularly about how satisfied you are with the quality of instruction at UF and their PPE rotation sites?

Hi everybody. I submitted my supplemental application 3 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. I received an email from Mary Beth stating that they got my application. I have an 84 composite on my PCAT (97 in both chemistry and biology) and a 3.88 GPA. Does UF have a minimum percentile in individual sub categories?
What are my chances of getting an interview? How long does it usually take?
Thanks guys!

Hi everybody. I submitted my supplemental application 3 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. I received an email from Mary Beth stating that they got my application. I have an 84 composite on my PCAT (97 in both chemistry and biology) and a 3.88 GPA. Does UF have a minimum percentile in individual sub categories?
What are my chances of getting an interview? How long does it usually take?
Thanks guys!

Hi pharmFL16, I applied with similar stats as yours. I received an interview invitation about a couple weeks after my PharmCAS application was verified and I received my decision letter a couple days after my interview so they are very punctual in that regard. As far as their minimum PCAT scores go, their website lists the 50th percentile composite score as the minimum but they are mum about individual subscores. You can ask Mary Beth about their minimum subscore cutoff but seeing that you scored into the 84th composite percentile, I'd say you don't need to worry. In my opinion, your stats should warrant a good chance at getting an interview invite.

Son_Goku, are you currently a student at UF? If so, would you mind telling us about your educational experience thus far, and particularly about how satisfied you are with the quality of instruction at UF and their PPE rotation sites?

UF is the #1 school in Florida because it has the most challenging curriculum on top of other things that you must contend with throughout the course of the semester that can either break you or make you stronger.

As for as the rotation sites... I'll let you know in a few months time.

Hi pharmFL16, I applied with similar stats as yours. I received an interview invitation about a couple weeks after my PharmCAS application was verified and I received my decision letter a couple days after my interview so they are very punctual in that regard. As far as their minimum PCAT scores go, their website lists the 50th percentile composite score as the minimum but they are mum about individual subscores. You can ask Mary Beth about their minimum subscore cutoff but seeing that you scored into the 84th composite percentile, I'd say you don't need to worry. In my opinion, your stats should warrant a good chance at getting an interview invite.

Congratulations on your acceptance :) what campus did you get accepted to? My only worry is that my initial pcat score was lower and that my current one hasn't been posted on pharmcas yet. But I did send Mary Beth my preliminary score. I really hope I'll hear back from them soon, it's been 3 weeks.
How was the interview and was it in Gainesville? Good luck for the fall :)

Congratulations on your acceptance :) what campus did you get accepted to? My only worry is that my initial pcat score was lower and that my current one hasn't been posted on pharmcas yet. But I did send Mary Beth my preliminary score. I really hope I'll hear back from them soon, it's been 3 weeks.
How was the interview and was it in Gainesville? Good luck for the fall :)

Thanks! I was admitted to my first choice at the Gainesville campus. My interview was at Gainesville and I was interviewed by two faculty professors. They're very nice and easy going, so I probably won't be the first to say this cliché phrase: just be yourself during the interview. On their PharmCAS page, it says they interview 350 applicants throughout the entire cycle for 270 seats, which are very good odds of being admitted if you're given an interview.

Being that it's close to the deadline for submitting applications, I'm sure they're being inundated with hundreds of applications at this point. So you don't need to worry, patience is very much a virtue. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them very soon. And hopefully with good news, I'd like to add.

Got an interview for 02/26 without sending in my supplemental application yet. Anyone else have an interview at this date and is leaving from Tampa/Brandon area?

Thanks! I was admitted to my first choice at the Gainesville campus. My interview was at Gainesville and I was interviewed by two faculty professors. They're very nice and easy going, so I probably won't be the first to say this cliché phrase: just be yourself during the interview. On their PharmCAS page, it says they interview 350 applicants throughout the entire cycle for 270 seats, which are very good odds of being admitted if you're given an interview.

Being that it's close to the deadline for submitting applications, I'm sure they're being inundated with hundreds of applications at this point. So you don't need to worry, patience is very much a virtue. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them very soon. And hopefully with good news, I'd like to add.
Thank you so much for your feedback. I really hope I'll hear from them soon. The waiting is killing me. Good luck in the fall :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview for 02/26 without sending in my supplemental application yet. Anyone else have an interview at this date and is leaving from Tampa/Brandon area?
Congratulations! Does everyone interview in Gainesville? Also, would you mind sharing your stats? Pcat, gpa, Pharmacy experience...also when did you submit your pharmcas?

I have one more question...do you have pharmacy experience? I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for a few months, but had to stop because their schedule was not working with my class and work schedule. Appreciate your feedback :)

I have one more question...do you have pharmacy experience? I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for a few months, but had to stop because their schedule was not working with my class and work schedule. Appreciate your feedback :)

Yes, I worked as a pharmacy technician at a community pharmacy on the weekends during my junior year undergrad and I'm now working as a tech in the clinical setting. I usually work 6 to 8 hours on Fri-Sun.

Hey everyone. My name is Pat, an accepted student for the class of 2020 from Georgia. I'm trying to figure out a way to meet other accepted students so I can find a roommate and get info on how to figure out what apartment I should live in. If anyone has any info, maybe a Facebook page for incoming students or something please reply and let me know!

Congratulations! I have no idea if there's a facebook page yet. Go ahead and create one for your campus and year if you wish. That's what people did last year. Link to it here.

What were your stats?

Congrats :) I have mine on 3/18 - very excited. Good luck! :)

Can anyone tell me how much the average pharmacy student gets in scholarships and financial aid? Is there a way of finding out all the financial info before the interview?
Lastly, how long does it normally take to get an answer after an interview?
Appreciate the help :)

Just got an interview for 3/17. My pharmcas was verified last friday and submitted everything last night and had an interview offer this afternoon! Is anyone else interviewing on this date?

Can anyone tell me how much the average pharmacy student gets in scholarships and financial aid? Is there a way of finding out all the financial info before the interview?
Lastly, how long does it normally take to get an answer after an interview?
Appreciate the help :)
I had my interview on Dec17 and I was accepted 5 days later the 22th, and during your interview they are gonna give you all the details that you need to know to fill your fafsa and who ask in case you have questions. Good luck! :)

I had my interview on Dec17 and I was accepted 5 days later the 22th, and during your interview they are gonna give you all the details that you need to know to fill your fafsa and who ask in case you have questions. Good luck! :)
Thanks :) appreciate the feedback. My interview is 3/18. Very excited :)

Thanks :) appreciate the feedback. My interview is 3/18. Very excited :)

Hey everyone...my interview was moved up to this Friday :) I'm very excited and nervous. Does anyone have any tips? What was the interview day like, were people friendly? What impression did the campus make? Any feedback on the interview (questions etc)?

Thanks guys :)

Interview is standard. Everyone will be very nice.

Just relax and enjoy the experience.

Hi everyone,
I also got accepted to UF jacksonville this fall. I'm just wondering if they are going to email us if we are missing any pre-reqs? UF requires biochem BCH 4024 with 4 credits but I took biochem back in USF with only 3 credits, my course number is BCH 3023 ? Does anyone know if they are going to take it?
Thanks

Has anyone requested for a seat deposit extension and gotten one?

Hi everyone,
I also got accepted to UF jacksonville this fall. I'm just wondering if they are going to email us if we are missing any pre-reqs? UF requires biochem BCH 4024 with 4 credits but I took biochem back in USF with only 3 credits, my course number is BCH 3023 ? Does anyone know if they are going to take it?
Thanks
I have the same question but I think you will need to take Biochem lab.

Hey guys I submitted my app to UF right before the deadline(because I doubted UF would extend an offer for interview) and got an interview offer the next day. My stats are not the greatest having a 2.8 sci GPA and 79 composite pcat, I do have a 3.39 overall GPA over the last 60+ credit hours and a 3.54 senior GPA w/ my bachelors in health science. I also have a ton of clinical and volunteer hours specializing in behavioral health and psychiatry and great LOR's from a clinical pharmacist and professor which makes me think those were the reasons they offered an interview. What I want to know is once we are offered an interview does that mean we are all now on an even playing field on paper and now how we preform in the interview determines if we get a seat or not? I have heard that they only interview like 350 students and accept 250 out of those students (which is still good odds). Does anyone have the overall stats like how many apply to how many get interviews and then finally accepted? I thought I was just a seat filler for the interview but my friend who attends mercers COP and applied to UF ( he was never offered an interview) assured me that I am not a seat filler and that they must like something about me. Just looking for some assurance lol, Thanks.

Hey guys I submitted my app to UF right before the deadline(because I doubted UF would extend an offer for interview) and got an interview offer the next day. My stats are not the greatest having a 2.8 sci GPA and 79 composite pcat, I do have a 3.39 overall GPA over the last 60+ credit hours and a 3.54 senior GPA w/ my bachelors in health science. I also have a ton of clinical and volunteer hours specializing in behavioral health and psychiatry and great LOR's from a clinical pharmacist and professor which makes me think those were the reasons they offered an interview. What I want to know is once we are offered an interview does that mean we are all now on an even playing field on paper and now how we preform in the interview determines if we get a seat or not? I have heard that they only interview like 350 students and accept 250 out of those students (which is still good odds). Does anyone have the overall stats like how many apply to how many get interviews and then finally accepted? I thought I was just a seat filler for the interview but my friend who attends mercers COP and applied to UF ( he was never offered an interview) assured me that I am not a seat filler and that they must like something about me. Just looking for some assurance lol, Thanks.
You'll get in relax dude

I had my interview last week and they said pretty much if you are here at the interview it's really good odds. Also the interview portion here is really short so I think just answer their questions decently and you'll be fine. UF is quick too I already got my acceptance!

I had my interview last week and they said pretty much if you are here at the interview it's really good odds. Also the interview portion here is really short so I think just answer their questions decently and you'll be fine. UF is quick too I already got my acceptance!

Thanks guys, yeah I have heard they are quick with their decision , I'm really excited about the interview but I'm still wondering if they have accepted us based on stats and now it just comes down to who has better interpersonal skills/who interviews better or will it still come down to our stats in the end.

Did she say you need the lab for it?
I don't think the lab is required, actually I really don't know sorry. Until January or so, I was having some issues with my prerequisites because I thought I had them all and then I realized that was not the case. I emailed Mary Beth and she told me. I am just taking the lab because I thought the class and the lab came together and I signed up for both and well also because you never know and besides, is fun lol :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted into the Orlando campus! Any current Orlando campus students on here that can tell me what the experience there is like? Pros/cons? If not can someone lead me to a forum where I'd find that? Or does anyone know any current students that can give me more information?

I was just accepted into the Orlando campus! Any current Orlando campus students on here that can tell me what the experience there is like? Pros/cons? If not can someone lead me to a forum where I'd find that? Or does anyone know any current students that can give me more information?

Congratulations! Are you in Orlando? We have a couple of welcome events coming up, including one tomorrow.

Congratulations! Are you in Orlando? We have a couple of welcome events coming up, including one tomorrow.

I am not in Orlando but thank you for informing me of that! Is there another one coming up later? I was just there for a campus tour this Monday.

I was accepted to the jacksonville campus. Does anyone have any opinions or tips about this campus?

Had my interview on 2/26, thought it went really well but haven't heard back from them. Emailed them and they said they'll look into it, it's been around 2 weeks with 0 communication.

My application was completed and sent over in Oct, 2015. So far, I have not received anything from them. May be cuz I'm out of state, dont know!!

Hi guys, congrats on your acceptance to UF. I'm reading through your posts here and really impressed by your Pcat scores. May I ask how did you guys prepare for the pcat? Any recommended courses/sources? I would really appreciate your input!

Just got accepted to Gainesville campus. Feelsgoodbro

Just got accepted to Gainesville campus. Feelsgoodbro
Hi nakdes,

Congratulations on your acceptance and does your email also say that "the seat deposit has not been set up yet"

Thanks in advance

So after emailing Mary Beth about biochemistry requirement without any responds, I checked UF website and found this
Any BCH 3000 or 4000 level biochemistry course for 3 or 4 credits is acceptable. Unless the BCH course is one semester of a two semester sequence for biochemistry. In that situation we require the two courses for the 6 semester credits (if you are unsure that the courses your institution offers is acceptable, please email Deborah Robinson at [email protected] for assistance)
Just thought I would share.