University of Houston C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my interview invitation last Wednesday for Jan 30th too. ;)
Have you finished with the pre-interview questions yet? Mine is due Monday so I need to get started. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at a 3.4-3.5ish gpa, only 82 comp on my pcat, but I have 2 years as a tech at Walgreens and now Target. volunteered at a local library. Are my chances of getting an interview/accepted slim? I've been stressing out about this so much because I have not received any interview offers from any school yet. I know UT and TAMU don't start interviews until January so that's why I haven't heard back from them yet but UH interviews have already started and it's just really freaking me out!

Those are solid numbers. I believe UH SOP's average is a 3.4-3.5 GPA and 78 PCAT composite, so your stats are definitely competitive. And you're correct about A&M. I called them today and they told me they will send out offers right before Christmas break.

Reactions: 1 user
They received my supplemental and fee on November 24 and I received my invitation through email on November 26. If you haven't heard from them, I'd suggest you contact Mr. Ely who's the Director of Admissions. He's a super nice guy.
Hey I've been calling them. My supplemental was received October 20th & my application was verified October 21st. When did you turn your application in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I've been calling them. My supplemental was received October 20th & my application was verified October 21st. When did you turn your application in?
My grades were officially verified by PharmCAS on 10/20, but I didn't mail in my UH supplemental application until the week of November 16th. I received the acknowledgment on Nov 20, and the interview offer on Nov 24.

What do you mean by your application was verified October 21st? I don't think I received any email indicating that my application was "verified." All I got was an email saying that they have received my supplemental application and the fee.

And when you call them, did you ask to speak to Mr. Ely?

My grades were officially verified by PharmCAS on 10/20, but I didn't mail in my UH supplemental application until the week of November 16th. I received the acknowledgment on Nov 20, and the interview offer on Nov 24.

What do you mean by your application was verified October 21st? I don't think I received any email indicating that my application was "verified." All I got was an email saying that they have received my supplemental application and the fee.

Okay gotcha! I mean verified by PharmCAS. I'm pretty sure that's who I spoke with but I will try calling and make sure. Thanks a lot for your help!

You know what? I just realized PharmCAS received my transcripts on October 21st but it was actually verified on the 31st, so that's probably why I haven't heard anything back yet.

You know what? I just realized PharmCAS received my transcripts on October 21st but it was actually verified on the 31st, so that's probably why I haven't heard anything back yet.
Yeah, but you shouldn't assume anything because this is so important!! I'm sure they're presently working on who to invite for the last two interview cycles and so there's no better time than now for you to call. Just tell them it's been more than a month since your grades have been verified and supplemental application received. Don't be shy. An out-of-state pharmacy school mishandled my supplemental application, and because I failed to follow up with them I didn't know about the problem until close to 2 months later. I was so mad but by then it was almost too late because they have rolling admission like UH. Things like this are extremely rare, but you never know.

Good luck to you!

Had my UH interview Nov. 22 and just receive my acceptance letter! Anyone else??

Yeah, but you shouldn't assume anything because this is so important!! I'm sure they're presently working on who to invite for the last two interview cycles and so there's no better time than now for you to call. Just tell them it's been more than a month since your grades have been verified and supplemental application received. Don't be shy. An out-of-state pharmacy school mishandled my supplemental application, and because I failed to follow up with them I didn't know about the problem until close to 2 months later. I was so mad but by then it was almost too late because they have rolling admission like UH. Things like this are extremely rare, but you never know.

Good luck to you!
Thanks!

me too!! i got an email this morning saying that i am accepted!!
good luck to everyone who's interviewing next month :] im so excited to meet you all next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we're supposed to mail them our background check results? I know they can access them online but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to mail that as well.

Does anyone know if we're supposed to mail them our background check results? I know they can access them online but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to mail that as well.
No you just have to complete the online registration and fee and they will access whatever they need online.

do we have to send them our fall transcript or just do the academic update?

Has anyone received an email saying UH got their seat deposit, etc?

I talked to them today. The secretary said the emails should come out tomorrow.
Did you receive one? Still no word. Called today and they said they hadn't receive anything yet. I put the address that was in the email for Dr. Pitman and mailed it first class too!

Did you receive one? Still no word. Called today and they said they hadn't receive anything yet. I put the address that was in the email for Dr. Pitman and mailed it first class too!
Yes she emailed me a confirmation this morning. I gave them my documents in person.

Can anyone help me with hotels/motels near Texas medical Center?

Can anyone help me with hotels/motels near Texas medical Center?
There is a Hilton and a Four Seasons in downtown Houston which is right near the medical center. You can take the metro rail to TMC and it's pretty quick and easy. The four seasons is on La Branch Street I believe and the Hilton is near Avenida de las Americas Street.

There is a Hilton and a Four Seasons in downtown Houston which is right near the medical center. You can take the metro rail to TMC and it's pretty quick and easy. The four seasons is on La Branch Street I believe and the Hilton is near Avenida de las Americas Street.

Thank you very much.
My interview will be at 7-40 am, but the earliest flight from dallas to Houston arrive at 7 am. I am debating myself between staying a night before the interview day or re-schedule my interview to a later time on the same day. Will it lower my accepted chances if I re-schedule my interview time?

If they allow you to do it at another time, then I would go for that. I highly doubt that they would care if you asked to come in the afternoon. The way it was at my interview, the morning interviews all started at 8 am no matter what arrival time you had prior to that. I had 7:40, but everyone started together at 8. And then I believe there was an afternoon time around 12. If they cannot reschedule you for some reason, then you know that you just have to come the night before. Just make sure to leave super early to ensure you don't rush and get flustered before your interview.

If they allow you to do it at another time, then I would go for that. I highly doubt that they would care if you asked to come in the afternoon. The way it was at my interview, the morning interviews all started at 8 am no matter what arrival time you had prior to that. I had 7:40, but everyone started together at 8. And then I believe there was an afternoon time around 12. If they cannot reschedule you for some reason, then you know that you just have to come the night before. Just make sure to leave super early to ensure you don't rush and get flustered before your interview.

Thank you very much for the helpful information.

Has anyone who applied for regular decision heard back about interviews yet?

Edit: Just got an interview invitation today!

Last edited:
did any of you have to bring your spring academic update to the interview?

How did you prepare for the group interview?

The group interview is really fun actually. I recommend talking to as many people in your group during the meet and greet as you can. It's all about in the moment team skills. No real way to prepare for it.

How did you prepare for the group interview?
I didn’t really prepare for the group exercise. I was more focused on the personal interview. One of the P1s assisting that day told me the group exercise would be fun and relaxing, which it was for me. I do suggest making your voice and opinion heard during the group section, but do not be overbearing. Allow the other members of the group to have their say. I wouldn't' fret about it.This was the least nerve-racking part of the whole day haha

In my interview invitation email,it says
" please bring an update of your anticipated spring/summer 2015 schedule."
I already completed my pre-reg for UH last semester. I plan to take a biochemistry coure just to gain some knowledge. I have to take it at another university instead of my community college. However, the school i plan to take the biochemistry course is still processing my application. Therefore i have not been able to register for this course yet. I will not have my spring class schedule when i come to the interview next week. I tried to call Mr. Morgan serveral times but he was busy. Will It be a big deal if I do not have it with me on the interview day??

In my interview invitation email,it says
" please bring an update of your anticipated spring/summer 2015 schedule."
I already completed my pre-reg for UH last semester. I plan to take a biochemistry coure just to gain some knowledge. I have to take it at another university instead of my community college. However, the school i plan to take the biochemistry course is still processing my application. Therefore i have not been able to register for this course yet. I will not have my spring class schedule when i come to the interview next week. I tried to call Mr. Morgan serveral times but he was busy. Will It be a big deal if I do not have it with me on the interview day??
Email him. He responds quickly to emails.

Just received an interview for March 6th! Check your emails :)

Reactions: 2 users
I also received an interview offer for march 6... however i was not able to reply to the email until 1.5hrs-2hrs later b/c I was at work. Will I still secure my spot for the interview or is it void because I did not reply immediately like the email says to do?

I also received an interview offer for march 6... however i was not able to reply to the email until 1.5hrs-2hrs later b/c I was at work. Will I still secure my spot for the interview or is it void because I did not reply immediately like the email says to do?

I think you should be fine

Reactions: 1 users

I think they just want people to respond as soon as possible so they can finalize the scheduling with the exact time for all the applicants for that date. Also, they probably are just making sure if anyone declines an interview, they can reassign it someone else who's waiting!

Hello everyone!
I'm planning on applying in the 2016 application cycle and UH is my top choice. I've read a lot of people talking about the group assignment part of the interview and how it's nothing to stress about. I'm curious about it though and want an idea of what they typically ask in that section. Would anyone mind sharing the scenario/discussion topic that their group got?

I'm gonna be honest here, I think it's a little unfair for anyone to share a scenario. It would be unprofessional to share the questions to a test and I believe this is similar. The group part of the interview really is nothing to be concerned about and is quite fun.

Without disclosing too much about the actual group interview, as previously said, it's not a stressful situation. You are given like 35 min or so and work with a small group of 3-5 people on working to resolve an issue (not necessarily pharmacy related), while being observed by a team of pharmacy students and staff.

I apologize! I did not intend for my question to cross the line, but viewed it as a means of understanding the group portion better. Thanks for being honest! I see now how answering this question would be unfair for others, especially if the question were to come up again next year.

I’ll trust you guys saying that it won't be stressful :)

That's ok! No lines crossed. I'm glad you can see how sharing something like that might jeopardize everyone's integrity. However, it's great to see others that are thinking ahead of schedule.

Good luck on your application and I hope I didn't scare you away from asking more questions. :)

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear a reply if they sent you a "tabled decision" letter? They said two weeks and its been like 7 and still no acceptance or rejection

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear a reply if they sent you a "tabled decision" letter? They said two weeks and its been like 7 and still no acceptance or rejection

Surprised your decision was tabled with such solid stats. And here I was hoping that the 1/12 people would hear back before the next interview batch. Looks like that's not gonna happen ;)

Do yall know how much the group interview counts? I did well in the group interview but I thought I didn't do well in the personal interview. I'm really worried that it will affect my chances of an acceptance

Last edited:
Do yall know how much the group interview counts? I did well in the group interview but I thought I didn't do well in the personal interview. I'm really worried that it will affect my chances of an acceptance
Felt similarly after my personal interview. Those moments of silence seem to last forever lol. Group and personal interview are both factors in the final decision. As long as you did your best, that’s all you can ask for.