University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, if you don't hear anything, don't freak out.... I would be SHOCKED if anyone hear anything about interviews before January...so as of now, I would go with the idea that no news is good news

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, if you don't hear anything, don't freak out.... I would be SHOCKED if anyone hear anything about interviews before January...so as of now, I would go with the idea that no news is good news

Nah we are watching for rejection letters at the moment. I don't think anyone is expecting invites quite yet

Nah we are watching for rejection letters at the moment. I don't think anyone is expecting invites quite yet
Checking my mailbox every evening when I get home from classes. Religiously.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive anything in the mail yet? I keep checking expecting a rejection, but nothing. I was pretty sure they send the rejections for the first round all at once, but now I don't know....I don't want to be excited by not getting mail lol

I have yet to get anything. And I live in Indiana so I don't think slow post is to blame.

So good news maybe?

So... still no rejections yet? I only know of one person who got one...

None here. no correspondence other than I sent in more stuff to add to my app and they said "Sorry, no can do." So at least they have my e-mail right.

I am OOS a Pa resident, and I never got one of these rejection letters.
Soooo here is to holding on to hope!

If I remember correctly, rejections and invites go out about the same time. Give it about another week or two.
Good luck everyone!!

None here. no correspondence other than I sent in more stuff to add to my app and they said "Sorry, no can do." So at least they have my e-mail right.
So no updating experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN newbie here. Using my first post on this site to bookmark this thread. Hope all is well, fellow applicants.

Push through those last couple of finals! :)

Welcome to the concentrated crazy that is people who want to be veterinarians! If you have any questions about the school, I'm a first year.

Welcome to the concentrated crazy that is people who want to be veterinarians! If you have any questions about the school, I'm a first year.

I have a weird feeling that we should be studying right now instead of on SDN. :whistle: Nah!

Illinois has given me the boot. Same-ish letter that was posted here before, dated December 2nd. Snail mail indeed.

I probably should have had my first year grades excluded because the gpa they calculated for me was way off what any other school calculated, but oh well, live and learn.

Good luck to everyone else! Remember your awesomeness and rock the interview!

I have a weird feeling that we should be studying right now instead of on SDN. :whistle: Nah!
I am studying, while he talks about stuff that goes right over my head. So far I've learned that horses like to be difficult with their unwillingness to have the same origin and insertion sites as the dog.

Reactions: 1 users
I am studying, while he talks about stuff that goes right over my head. So far I've learned that horses like to be difficult with their unwillingness to have the same origin and insertion sites as the dog.
The best thing I've learned in undergrad: Horses are weird in all aspects.

The best thing I've learned in undergrad: Horses are weird in all aspects.
And they like flipping everyone off since they only have their 3rd digit fully formed.

Illinois has given me the boot. Same-ish letter that was posted here before, dated December 2nd. Snail mail indeed.

I probably should have had my first year grades excluded because the gpa they calculated for me was way off what any other school calculated, but oh well, live and learn.

I'm sorry :( Best of luck with your other schools!

Oh no don't be sorry! Haha I just meant that it sucks that it took so long to get to you, I figured that everyone had already gotten their initial rejections. Back to stalking the mailman..
No worries. I'm rooting for you guys!

Sorry for the bad news :( Has your portal been updated?

Not updated. Why have a portal if they don't update it?
Well when you're dealing with say...1000 applicants, they tend to not get things that require manual clicking and things done very quickly. They probably were able to mass print your letters and mail them much quicker.

Well when you're dealing with say...1000 applicants, they tend to not get things that require manual clicking and things done very quickly. They probably were able to mass print your letters and mail them much quicker.
Yeah.... oh logic.

Oh man I am sorry..... Now I am going to stalk my mailman as well...

Anyone having issues trying to access their portal? I'm getting a "404 Not Found" error page... Is this how they tell you that you're rejected? lol

I tried that earlier too! It looks like they are doing an overhaul of their whole website. Looks pretty good.

Anyone having issues trying to access their portal? I'm getting a "404 Not Found" error page... Is this how they tell you that you're rejected? lol
I'm getting the same error message. I'm sure it's just a system-wide upgrade that's affecting all applicants.

Still can't get in!

edit: Went to the main site to see the upgrades only to find a beautiful Great Horned Owl staring me in the face. I'll take it as a sign (I do zoo and wildlife med).

Not hearing anything before February is actually a good thing. I keep checking my mailbox everyday with 100% certainty that it's going to contain a rejection letter from them. Every time there isn't one it's like a victory and I celebrate with a margarita. This is amazing since I get to have a margarita every day. Sundays I just have an extra large one to celebrate a week of no rejection.

Reactions: 6 users
Not hearing anything before February is actually a good thing. I keep checking my mailbox everyday with 100% certainty that it's going to contain a rejection letter from them. Every time there isn't one it's like a victory and I celebrate with a margarita. This is amazing since I get to have a margarita every day. Sundays I just have an extra large one to celebrate a week of no rejection.
Well we should be hearing back about interview invites within the next 2 weeks (I'm guessing) since interviews are in February.

But really though, hopefully they prolong it so you can keep getting margaritas. :highfive:

Oh i thought they sent out interviews in Feb. That makes more sense.

I kind of like this margarita idea of yours!

I also hold my breath every time I check the mail, and if my parents beat me to it I ask them multiple times if there was a letter from Illinois!

The portal is back up - mine still isn't updated though. They also now have an interview day tab on their new website that says interviews are on February 9th. They have a hotel info part on that page that says to reserve your rooms by January 9th to get the lower rate on their blocked rooms. If we have to reserve rooms by the 9th, surely they'll have to notify us soon!

Reactions: 2 users
The portal is back up - mine still isn't updated though. They also now have an interview day tab on their new website that says interviews are on February 9th. They have a hotel info part on that page that says to reserve your rooms by January 9th to get the lower rate on their blocked rooms. If we have to reserve rooms by the 9th, surely they'll have to notify us soon!
:wideyed:

Oh, huh your interview day is a Monday this cycle. Last 2 years it has been a Tuesday. In any case, I have a spare bed (possibly 2 if someone doesn't mind sleeping on an air mattress) if people need a place to stay. I do have 3 cats and a big dog just to keep that in mind, and I don't mind shuttling people since I do wildlife in the morning and I'm usually on campus before 8 am on Mondays. I know no one has gotten interview invites yet, but I'm a bit of a space cadet so I wanted to mention it while I'm thinking of it. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
On the application checklist it doesn't say if we get interviewed or not. Just says to send fall transcripts before Feb 1st to the address. No electronic copies.