University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! When did you submit the supplemental? Also, was the interview notification by email?
I submitted my supplemental Sept 8! Like gopher said, it was through email! Thanks and good luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your interviews! I heard that there were two interview times for each day one in the morning and one in the evening, does anyone know if there is any truth to that? My interview check in is 9:15 am.

I'm pretty sure there is only a morning interview. There is only usually 7-10 people at the first interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invitation for an interview on Oct. 26 through email today! I submitted my supplemental application on Sept. 10.

Interview today went well. More of a conversation than an actual interview. Exact questions were asked from the interview feedback section on SDN for University of Minnesota, with no curveball questions. It lasted only about 50 minutes..half the time was spent talking about vegas, playing poker and golf..my interviewer was a new faculty member though who actually graduated with his PharmD in 2009 so it was cool to have a younger professor.

Degree Anticipated: B.S. Microbiology
GPA: 3.65 (137 credits)
SGPA: 3.4
PCAT: 98 composite

Extracurricular:
6 years working in independent retail pharmacy
1 summer working at on-campus pharmacy
Summer biotechnology research internship
300+ hours volunteering with children on bone marrow transplant unit
15 hours of pharmacy shadowing, internationally and locally
Captain of varsity intercollegiate athletic team

I need to get my application in but have been stalling on the personal statement! Did you guys go with an anecdotal style, or stick more to straight facts?

Extracurricular:

I need to get my application in but have been stalling on the personal statement! Did you guys go with an anecdotal style, or stick more to straight facts?

Wow your stats are great! Is Minnesota your #1 choice? For my personal statement I used more a of an anecdotal style explaining why pharmacy, my experience, exc. IMO they can see a lot of the facts from the other parts of the pharmcas app.

Minnesota is definitely my #1 choice! I just need to stop dragging my feet with this personal statement...thanks for the info, I think I will start drafting a more anecdotal one tonight

Extracurricular:

Your stats are unbelievable and you are only 21

Minnesota is my top choice for pharmacy school too. I have never set foot on campus before since I am from the east coast and attend school in Boston but can anyone tell me a little bit about the Minneapolis campus, things to do in the area, and just any other helpful information about the school itself?

My stats are:

Major: Anticipating B.S. in Biology
GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 85%

Thanks!

Minnesota is my top choice for pharmacy school too. I have never set foot on campus before since I am from the east coast and attend school in Boston but can anyone tell me a little bit about the Minneapolis campus, things to do in the area, and just any other helpful information about the school itself?

My stats are:

Major: Anticipating B.S. in Biology
GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 85%

Thanks!

Hey I currently am doing my undergrad at the U of M Twin Cities so I can help you out. Overall the twin cities is a vibrant area with plenty to do: whether you are looking for internships (tons of large companies), looking for things to do in a city scene (bars, clubs, exc), or outdoors (tons of biking trails, parks, exc). If you are into sports we have a team in every major professional league and are part of the Big 10. The Minneapolis campus is located just a couple miles outside of downtown, and is a very large school. Then nice thing is that most of the pharmacy school classes are located in one building which also hosts all the other healthcare professional schools. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Anymore interview invites? Anyone here back from the Sep 21st interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance around 2pm today as well. Anyone receive any scholarships?? Wondering if we won't know about that until we receive our admissions packet in the mail, or it would have been stated in our acceptance email.

Got my acceptance around 2pm today as well. Anyone receive any scholarships?? Wondering if we won't know about that until we receive our admissions packet in the mail, or it would have been stated in our acceptance email.

My email did not say anything about scholarships. The email looked pretty generic, I think it's safe to assume that that information will be coming in the packet.

Are you both planning on attending? Was MN your first choice?

My email did not say anything about scholarships. The email looked pretty generic, I think it's safe to assume that that information will be coming in the packet.

Are you both planning on attending? Was MN your first choice?

MN was definitely my first choice so I plan on accepting.

Rather than put a deposit down and most likely decline later, I will be declining my offer now, good luck to everyone else!!

Rather than put a deposit down and most likely decline later, I will be declining my offer now, good luck to everyone else!!
How was the campus you interviewed at? Best of luck at your top choice school!!

Hi everyone!

For those who got accepted, are you still completing some of your prerequisites? If yes, how many?

Thanks! Good luck everyone :)

I have completed all my prerequisites, and am now just taking classes to finish my degree.

Hi everyone!

For those who got accepted, are you still completing some of your prerequisites? If yes, how many?

Thanks! Good luck everyone :)

I am currently completing 3, and I will be completing 2 more next semester before I graduate. They didn't even ask me about it in my interview. It just said in my acceptance letter make sure the following courses will be completed by the time you begin the graduate program.

got invitation to interview on nov 30. Anybody interviewing on that date?

Just got an acceptance to the Duluth campus!! :D So shocked and surprised! Anyone else hear back?

Yep, I got accepted to the Duluth campus,too! I'm both very excited and relieved.

how was interview experience guys? Interviewing on nov 30, excited and nervous..

it was my first choice of school. however, I preferred the twin cities campus. If we both accept our offers, we will be classmates!

The interview is straightforward; no trick questions. be sure to mention MTM. all in all it was a pretty casual affair.

I was accepted to the Twin Cities campus as well!

it was my first choice of school. however, I preferred the twin cities campus. If we both accept our offers, we will be classmates!
I also preferred Twin City, mainly b/c I've never been to Duluth! Either way, I'm just glad I got in!

Got the mail today! Seems more official! Anyone from OOS pretty set on coming?

Does anybody know how the scholarships work at UMN? If we got one would be notified in our acceptance letters? Or are those determined much later?

They are included with the acceptance letter.

Has anyone that's been accepted received a scholarship yet?

Does anyone happen to know if there is a place for accepted students, like a facebook page or anything?

I am interviewing on november 30 and staying in Sheraton the night before. Anybody with similar schedule?

Anyone else interviewing in the Twin Cities next Friday, December 14?

Hey Guys!

For those of you who have been accepted already....quick question. Did the school email you saying you were accepted before you got your letter in the mail? And did anyone receive their letter before the date stated in your interview folder???

I interviewed November 30th. And they said we should receive a letter shortly after Dec 14th. Getting more anxious as the date is approaching....

Hey Guys!

For those of you who have been accepted already....quick question. Did the school email you saying you were accepted before you got your letter in the mail? And did anyone receive their letter before the date stated in your interview folder???

I interviewed November 30th. And they said we should receive a letter shortly after Dec 14th. Getting more anxious as the date is approaching....
I got the email the day before the letter arrived in the mail. However, I do live in California.

I interviewed on oct 26. they said letters would be sent out by nov 19, a monday. I got my acceptance email on friday the 16 around 2 pm central time and the letter on the 17. Good luck!

Did they email you after the date listed in the Interview packet?
No, the date on the interview packet said a decision will be made shortly after Nov. 19. I got the email on Nov. 16.

interviewed on nov 30 as well. I know they said 14th for the letter but waiting is the hardest.

So I got my acceptance email on Monday 12/10, which was the date they said it would come, but I have yet to receive anything in the mail. Anyone else wait as long as I have?

Last edited:
So I got my acceptance email on Monday 12/10, which was the date they said it would come, but I have yet to receive the packet they send in the mail. Anyone else wait as long as I have?

Congrats. Did you interview on november 30? Didn't they say dec 14th, which is today for the email to be sent out?

Thanks. I interviewed on Nov. 16th and they said Dec. 10th to us.