University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else finding that these groups are limited to the UCLA network? I would be happy to make a new general or TC group within the U of M network that everyone could join, or maybe whoever made these groups could change the network settings.
That would be great actually!! I can't change the settings and I'm not too tech savvy! Sorry about that!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know how but I got interview invite for 1st of March!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on getting the interview; I hope that you get in. However, at my interview last week I learned that a large chunk of the seats have already been filled. (100 out of 160 for TC and 30 out of 60 for Duluth) You should have a back up plan just in case because I know it is a lot harder to get in when the seats are more limited. One of the students did tell me she got in with an interview on the last date offered in March so there is hope. Just be calm in your interview and be prepared to explain why you want to be a pharmacist and why U of M.

Congrats on getting the interview; I hope that you get in. However, at my interview last week I learned that a large chunk of the seats have already been filled. (100 out of 160 for TC and 30 out of 60 for Duluth) You should have a back up plan just in case because I know it is a lot harder to get in when the seats are more limited. One of the students did tell me she got in with an interview on the last date offered in March so there is hope. Just be calm in your interview and be prepared to explain why you want to be a pharmacist and why U of M.

Thanks for those numbers. It will help me keep realistic expectations. I have my interview on Friday, and I am looking forward to seeing the TC campus. I just hope it goes well enough to get a seat! How many interviewees are present at each interview session?

Mm Yea I'm waiting to hear back from other schools.

I thought there were only 107 seats at the Twin Cities campus...have they really expanded it that much?

What that person said was incorrect. I interviewed last week on 2/15/13.

Here were the stats as of that date:
23 applicants interviewed on 2/15/13
231 total applicants interviewed (including 2/15/13)
184 applicants reviewed for admission
114 applicants admitted
166 spots in the Class of 2017 (60 Duluth, 106 Twin Cities)

Last edited:

114 applicants admitted
Yes, sorry about getting the stats wrong for the TC. I have it written down but was giving the number off the top of my head. If you calculate how many people will be getting in from the previous interview (2/8) and the one on 2/15, the seats become extremely limited. For the interview, there is about 15 people with you during the info session but the actual interview is one on one with a faculty member or someone in the HR department. Make sure to mention MTM (medication therapy management) in your interview; it was initiated at the U of M so impress your interviewer with some background research. I just got my acceptance letter today via email with the admission packet on the way!!

I just got my acceptance to TC!! sooooooo excited!!!!!

Yes, sorry about getting the stats wrong for the TC. I have it written down but was giving the number off the top of my head. If you calculate how many people will be getting in from the previous interview (2/8) and the one on 2/15, the seats become extremely limited. For the interview, there is about 15 people with you during the info session but the actual interview is one on one with a faculty member or someone in the HR department. Make sure to mention MTM (medication therapy management) in your interview; it was initiated at the U of M so impress your interviewer with some background research. I just got my acceptance letter today via email with the admission packet on the way!!

MTM lol I never heard of it, and I did not mention it lol But I got accepted with scholarship!!! the bottom line is there is no single trick for you or against you, just be calm and take the time to explain why you want to be pharmacist, that is all, they already heard every trick in the book lol if you try to out smart them, there is a risk they may suspect that, which is a do or die plan and I don't recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take after the interview until you guys received your acceptance? My interview was exactly a week ago...

How long did it take after the interview until you guys received your acceptance? My interview was exactly a week ago...

3 weeks or less, if you did your interview Feb.8th then expect email after Monday. Good luck.

mine was on feb 8th and received the email feb 22 :) ..and they did tell us to expect it around the 25th! so give it another week! good luck!

RaasoBoy & gelo2006 - thanks guys!

My interview was on 2/15. I hope to hear back soon! My choice was TC. Will you guys be attending in fall? :)

I got an interview from March 1st too and I'm totally shocked/excited! Where are you coming from? I'm driving from Michigan..

I got an interview from March 1st too and I'm totally shocked/excited! Where are you coming from? I'm driving from Michigan..

Flying from Cali. Good luck on the drive Hehe

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Thanks I'll need it! There's a winter storm heading that way too..best of luck to you

For those who got interview invites for March 1st, when did you guys submit your supplementals? Thanks.

Does anyone have the stats from the Feb 22nd interview day?

21 applicants interviewing today
252 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
196 applicants reviewed for admission
120 applicants admitted

So this means all of those from Feb 8. only 6 of them were admitted. :(:( it is getting harder by the hour; Good luck all of you!

114 applicants admitted

This individual interviewed 2/15, and since then 6 additional people got in, and only 12 additional applications were reviewed. That's still 50%. Don't fret too much just yet. Remember, they admit more than 166 individuals.

jboi7 - when was your interview date?

I interviewed on the 8th of Feb and got an email on the 22nd confirming my acceptance. According to the email, the actual package should arrive in the mail tomorrow on the 26th. However, I can't be sure if the stats above are correct; I can't believe that only 6 people from my interview date got in because there were a bunch of really qualified individuals. A total of 24 people interviewed on the same day as I did (15 at TC and 9 at Duluth). I think the numbers they give out this coming Friday March 1st will be more indicative of how many people made it from my interview session.

in case anyone is wondering (last minute applicants like myself), the last interview date (as of today) is on March 29th per the admissions office.

in case anyone is wondering (last minute applicants like myself), the last interview date (as of today) is on March 29th per the admissions office.

Also a last minute applicant just like you! Thanks for the info! :)

Just landed! Interview tomorrow

Haha, yeah, I feel ya there. I am really interested in what you think of the place. Let me know! Did you go to undergrad here in LA?

No I did my undergrad in norcal. You? I should sleep... soon

Wow.. I might have to reconsider Maryland if I get into Minnesota.. What to do lol

Lol, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) May you be lucky enough to have that dilemma! Best wishes!

Thanks lol. I'll post them tomorrow. I'm getting ready for my flight and we'll probably be too tired till tomorrow

88888888, I got your back. Here is the stats:
27 applicants interviewing today
279 total applicants interviewed ( including today's interviews)
207 applicants reviewed for admission
127 applicants admitted
166 spots in the Class of 2017

88888888, I got your back. Here is the stats:
27 applicants interviewing today
279 total applicants interviewed ( including today's interviews)
207 applicants reviewed for admission
127 applicants admitted
166 spots in the Class of 2017

Thanks, Huyandcun! So, it seems like 7 more were admitted from the 11 reviewed this week.

What difference there could be between applicants interviewed and applicants reviewed for admission?

What difference there could be between applicants interviewed and applicants reviewed for admission?

After the interview, the admissions committee re-reviews your application as a whole and takes your interview into consideration. Your interviewer is not on the AdCom, if I'm not mistaken, so the AdCom has to take the evaluation from the interviewer and assess it in the context of your entire application. This process happens after the interview, but not necessarily right after.

So that means I could get flat out rejected after the interview too, right?

Yes. At the interview they explain that a few weeks after the interview, they send you a letter indicating that you are accepted, waitlisted (ranked or unranked), or rejected.

I see. Thanks!