University of Missouri CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So how exactly do we register for classes? Are we supposed to wait until V.E.T.?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
You are already registered for your classes, Jennifer Hamilton takes care of all of that fun stuff for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome!

Hi guys! Do you know what the public transport situation is like at Mizzou? Is there a local or campus bus students have access to or do most students living off campus have cars?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Do you know what the public transport situation is like at Mizzou? Is there a local or campus bus students have access to or do most students living off campus have cars?
There is but there may be some limitations to it... Aka I wouldn't rely heavily on it if you don't have to. I can only name maybe 1 or 2 people in my class that don't have cars, and they generally just ask for rides everywhere and don't really rely on public transportation.

Did they send you an email or find you on Facebook, etc.?
It should be through FB, but it's also finals week... so if they haven't found you yet give them a week or so to recover from exams. :p I'm sure you will get a message soon!

Hey so we got an email regarding books.... please be honest.... do we really need any of these books? If so, which ones?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 2.18.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 2.18.51 PM.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 1 user
Does it matter where we get our lab coats/scrubs, or do we have to get them through the MVES? And do the scrubs have to be ceil blue?

Also, do vet students get discounts on dog food and vet care?

Hey so we got an email regarding books.... please be honest.... do we really need any of these books? If so, which ones?
Has your big not given you the PDF of books yet? If not message me and I will send it to you. You need small animal anatomy book, that's it. My little will be getting all of the mandatory readings for micro summaries, and the actual readings are online, so wouldn't worry about that. All the other books I would not get unless you are a major book person.
Does it matter where we get our lab coats/scrubs, or do we have to get them through the MVES? And do the scrubs have to be ceil blue?
Any colored scrubs for anatomy lab. Ceil blue is needed for clinics. You can get lab coats and scrubs outside of MVES.
Also, do vet students get discounts on dog food and vet care?
Yes! All exams, including emergencies, are $15. Then you get 10% off. Also, services are dirt cheap, bc Missouri (usually price would be about 1.5-3x as much in Virginia compared to here, depending on the service. Dog food discounts are through royal canin, purina, oxbow, and science diet (there are others, but those are the main ones we see emails about)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has your big not given you the PDF of books yet? If not message me and I will send it to you. You need small animal anatomy book, that's it. My little will be getting all of the mandatory readings for micro summaries, and the actual readings are online, so wouldn't worry about that. All the other books I would not get unless you are a major book person.

Any colored scrubs for anatomy lab. Ceil blue is needed for clinics. You can get lab coats and scrubs outside of MVES.

Yes! All exams, including emergencies, are $15. Then you get 10% off. Also, services are dirt cheap, bc Missouri (usually price would be about 1.5-3x as much in Virginia compared to here, depending on the service. Dog food discounts are through royal canin, purina, oxbow, and science diet (there are others, but those are the main ones we see emails about)

That is AWESOME!! I just adopted a border collie! I'd like to get him a simple dental cleaning, how much would that be? ... And that would be great!!! Can you actually send me the PDFs? My email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
That is AWESOME!! I just adopted a border collie! I'd like to get him a simple dental cleaning, how much would that be? ... And that would be great!!! Can you actually send me the PDFs? My email is [email protected]
Is it message or mail for your email address? And not sure I can ask around though and get back. Or @Rainheart would probably know maybe?

Sent!

For those of you that want it before school, we always hold a big-little party before school that allow you to get a lot of materials downloaded to your computer, including PDF books. It's usually 2-3 days before school starts, and this year it is either going to be held at a park or my house as a back up (if we can't reserve the space).

Sent!

For those of you that want it before school, we always hold a big-little party before school that allow you to get a lot of materials downloaded to your computer, including PDF books. It's usually 2-3 days before school starts, and this year it is either going to be held at a park or my house as a back up (if we can't reserve the space).

Thanks! I haven't received it yet but I'll wait for it!

The only book I used first semester was The Dissection Guide to the Dog. That's it. And even that one I got from my big.

I recommend not getting any books until you talk to your big or until school starts, as you probably won't use 95% of them and can assess the few pages you need through the library/PDFs.

The only book I used first semester was The Dissection Guide to the Dog. That's it. And even that one I got from my big.

I recommend not getting any books until you talk to your big or until school starts, as you probably won't use 95% of them and can assess the few pages you need through the library/PDFs.

Thanks for the advice! By any chance do you know how much a regular dental cleaning? Id like to get one done for my 2 year old border collie!

Just got an email from Kathy. Asked her if the OOS waitlist is still moving and she said it doesn't look like anyone else is dropping out of Mizzou :/ Looks like I'll be applying here again next year!

I got an email a couple days ago through the Mizzou email account.

I got my financial aid packet! I'm all set for the year thanks to loans and grants.... Mostly loans

class schedules are up (ran into it as I dealt with FA stuff today)! The schedule doesn't seem to be fully done but still... it's getting real!! :) kind of scary at the same time.....

Cell Bio at 8:00am.. I see lots of coffee in my future!

Cell Bio at 8:00am.. I see lots of coffee in my future!

Just wait until you have 3 7:00 AM exams in a row! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Was I late to the parking game? The website wouldn't let me purchase a spot :/

I had to call because their website has a glitch.

So, its not too late to order a parking spot right?

Hey so I live in NY and am moving to MO on the 12th. would I be okay getting the parking permit then ( since my licence plate will change once i move) or does anyone know if there is a way to change the license plate after you have submitted for a permit?
Thanks!

Hey so I live in NY and am moving to MO on the 12th. would I be okay getting the parking permit then ( since my licence plate will change once i move) or does anyone know if there is a way to change the license plate after you have submitted for a permit?
Thanks!
I was told that you can always go back to the site and edit your car registration information. You can buy the permit now then once you change your plate, just go back to the parking website and change it from NY to MO.

Thanks!
I'm also moving from NY and I was told the same thing @ImAVet explained :)

Also moving from NY! Happy to see so many fellow NYers in the class

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone have any bank suggestions? I'm noticing Commerce Bank branches everywhere which is convenient. I'm really into mobile banking/my hometown bank isn't around!

I switched to Central Bank when I moved here (previously Boone County Bank). They have been great. Used to have Wells Fargo and there are none in Missouri :\ and they started charging me money for my checking when I wasn't using my debit card enough. So I switched.

A little OT, but are there really no Wells Fargo in Columbia? We definitely have them here (KC area). Weird. I'd figured that there would be at least one.

Well, when I moved here 3 years ago, no there aren't any Wells Fargo banks in CoMo nor were there any in the state of Missouri. There are some other Wells Fargo financial something or other there but that is it.

I actually came here to ask about banks too. There is not a Chase branch anywhere around Columbia, believe it or not...
I have chase and Citibank, which there are a grand total of 0 out here. I think I'm getting a joint account at commerce bank later this year

Thanks for the input everyone.

I have chase and Citibank, which there are a grand total of 0 out here. I think I'm getting a joint account at commerce bank later this year

I also have Citibank. I think I can get by with online banking and I found a no surcharge ATM for withdrawals if needed. Just trying to think of all the downsides to not having a local bank hm