University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind me asking at this point are you all accepted into class of 2020 or 2021?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello,

could any current student shed light on when we are going to recieve more info, in regards to when the semster starts, what classes we will take, etc? thanks in advance

Reactions: 1 user
hello,

could any current student shed light on when we are going to recieve more info, in regards to when the semster starts, what classes we will take, etc? thanks in advance
You'll get info in your student email about when to be there for orientation and they'll tell you all about your classes and schedule then.
But you'll take biochem, cell biology, anatomy on top of the osteopathic medicine class and patient care class.

You'll get info in your student email about when to be there for orientation and they'll tell you all about your classes and schedule then.
But you'll take biochem, cell biology, anatomy on top of the osteopathic medicine class and patient care class.

Do you remember when they typically send that information out?

Anyone have ideas on how to find apartments in Pikeville? Google and craigslist haven't been very helpful.

Anyone have ideas on how to find apartments in Pikeville? Google and craigslist haven't been very helpful.

I would start with the listings on the Facebook group page, those are pretty helpful. I know Pikeville Commons has a website

My application status still says incomplete and it has been over 3 weeks. How long did everyone's take to show as completed?! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
My application status still says incomplete and it has been over 3 weeks. How long did everyone's take to show as completed?! Thanks!
Mine took a day. I would suggest you to call Ronnie and see what happned.

I sent in my background check, can anyone tell me what the next step is? Please and Thank you! :)

Depends on how far out you want to live. I like close with a 2 BR/1 bath for $710, but no pets. There's a couple 2 BR downtown I know that are about $800 that allow pets, but on average the places I could see families are like $1000.
Would you be so kind and pm me any information (address or rental agency) on the downtown apts that allow pets. I will be moving to Pikeville in June before classes start. Thanks in advance for your help!

Is there anyone interviewing April 1?

I am interviewing April 1 along with a buddy of mine. I'm curious how many will be there since it's the last date for interviews. Hopefully they will still have space available for Class of 2020.

I am interviewing April 1 along with a buddy of mine. I'm curious how many will be there since it's the last date for interviews. Hopefully they will still have space available for Class of 2020.

I interviewed on March 11th and the dean pointed out that my group would be the first to go on the waitlist, but he seems optimistic about movement given experience from previous years. He also hinted potential rollover acceptances.
Nevertheless, just focus on your interview and do your best, good luck!

Edit: Just read samac's post below. Sorry for the confusion! I must have misunderstood.

Last edited:
I interviewed on March 11th and the dean pointed out that my group would be the first to go on the waitlist, but he seems optimistic about movement given experience from previous years. He also hinted potential rollover acceptances.
Nevertheless, just focus on your interview and do your best, good luck!
Unless the policy has changed it will be rollover acceptances. Pikeville doesn't do a true wait list. They accept you into the class of 2021 with the potential to move into the class of 2020

Anyone know when first year orientation is this year? Can't find the academic calendar. Thanks

... Anybody???
I had my interview on 3/11 and haven't heard anything yet!!! They said to give them 2 weeks since last week was spring break... Anyone who had an interview on 3/11 hear back yet??

I had my interview on 3/11 and haven't heard anything yet!!! They said to give them 2 weeks since last week was spring break... Anyone who had an interview on 3/11 hear back yet??

Interviewed on 3/11 as well and have been staring at my phone/email all day today, haha. No word yet on my end either. :(

Interviewed on 3/11 as well and have been staring at my phone/email all day today, haha. No word yet on my end either. :(

Same here! I interviewed 3/11 and been waiting by my phone ALL day. I created an account here just to reply haha.

Interviewed on 3/11 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else??

are there any students that would be kind enough to shed light on some of the classes and maybe some tips on what to expect with different professors

are there any students that would be kind enough to shed light on some of the classes and maybe some tips on what to expect with different professors
At this point there aren't really any tips that you need to worry about. I promise we'll help you know what to expect when you get here.
But, your first semester is Biochem, Gross Anatomy, Cell Biology, Osteopathic Patient Care, and Principals of Osteopathic Medicine.
The worst part is POM is 4 hours straight in the lab.

Well, you and I and your buddy make 3. That's a good place to start.

Accepted to 2021 class a few minutes ago :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Was super nervous since it's almost 7pm, but got a call just a few minutes ago!!! Class of 2021!

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys get phone calls? I missed my phone call, waiting for a call back :(

Yeah, it was a phone call. Did you try calling back? If anything, the associate dean told me that they'll send an e-mail and mail with all the information. :)

Yeah, it was a phone call. Did you try calling back? If anything, the associate dean told me that they'll send an e-mail and mail with all the information. :)
Just got the call :) really happy but still hoping there's a chance at 2020

Got the call yesterday for 2021 acceptance! Will probably be declining however so hopefully it makes someone else happy!

Still haven't received a phone call or a rejection email yet!!! Starting to get really nervous now!!

Congrats all!
for the people that have been accepted for a while did you get any other emails/paperwork besides the immunization/background check from Joel, or the scholarship emails from teresa jones?
gracias!

Got the call yesterday for 2021 acceptance! Will probably be declining however so hopefully it makes someone else happy!
I still haven't heard anything... rejection or acceptance... making me nervous!

Congrats all!
for the people that have been accepted for a while did you get any other emails/paperwork besides the immunization/background check from Joel, or the scholarship emails from teresa jones?
gracias!
The only materials I've received have been the immunization/background and loan information from Teresa. If I had to guess, I'd say that they wont send out more information until theyre completely done with interviews.