University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

D

deleted1070139

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything yet! Still received/under review. I thought they would have sent invites by now but maybe they are running behind
Interviews went out 8/25, first available was 8/30 but I got one the same day and was given 9/13.

Reactions: 2 users
I have received more "Why I chose Pitt Dental Medicine" emails than email updates about the status of my application for this cycle

Reactions: 16 users
Does anyone know if Pitt will give out anymore interview dates this fall?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 09/03/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 08/18/2021
Application received by school: 08/16/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.51, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #1
School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 09/03/2021
Application complete date: 08/18/2021
Application received by school: 08/16/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.51, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20
I sent out my application on 06/25. I haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a 23 TS and 23 AA. Any idea why?

I sent out my application on 06/25. I haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a 23 TS and 23 AA. Any idea why?
They're busy interviewing students already enrolled in their program for "why I chose Pitt Dental" testimonies

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do dental schools care more about AA, TS, or PAT ?

Interview #2
School: Pitt
Notification date: 09/08/2021
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/01/2021
Application received by school: 07/15/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/25/none
Interview date: 9/20

Does anyone know if the "Interview Presentations Session" for PITT is online or virtual? It doesn't specify in the email but I was under the assumption it is on zoom. However, I'm now second guessing myself.

Does anyone know if the "Interview Presentations Session" for PITT is online or virtual? It doesn't specify in the email but I was under the assumption it is on zoom. However, I'm now second guessing myself.
It’s over zoom

Any recent invites? And does anyone know approximately when the next round will be sent out?

Interview #7
School: pitt
Notification date: 10/7
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22, verified 6/29
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/19/ no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/25 with another interview session on 11/3 or 11/17
Method of interview: Virtual

dental schools care more about what else you can bring to the table, there are probably 10+ applicants with the same score as you...... not to mention the ones with even better stats than even you and I both, what else can you offer?

dental schools care more about what else you can bring to the table, there are probably 10+ applicants with the same score as you...... not to mention the ones with even better stats than even you and I both, what else can you offer?
Well, as per my advisor's opinion, my application is pretty strong and solid. I'm not trying to brag but I am just thinking why I wasn't offered any interviews till now with a high gpa, DAT, shadowing hours, and solid recommendation letters.

Well, as per my advisor's opinion, my application is pretty strong and solid. I'm not trying to brag but I am just thinking why I wasn't offered any interviews till now with a high gpa, DAT, shadowing hours, and solid recommendation letters.
If it makes you feel any better I’m in the same situation. I considered Pitt as one of my favorite schools when I was first applying and felt pretty confident I would at least get an interview. I’m hoping they may still give out some interviews, but it seems less likely as time goes on. Maybe applicants there are really competitive this year🤷

If it makes you feel any better I’m in the same situation. I considered Pitt as one of my favorite schools when I was first applying and felt pretty confident I would at least get an interview. I’m hoping they may still give out some interviews, but it seems less likely as time goes on. Maybe applicants there are really competitive this year🤷
Did you apply to any other schools in the tri-state area? If yes, did you get any interviews?

Interview #7
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/25 with another interview session on 11/3 or 11/17
Hey which other places you have got interview?

Interview #7
Hey which other university you have interview with?

Does anyone have any information about the Interview Presentation Days? They are separate from the personal interviews with faculty and anyone who has been invited to interview is required to attend one of these.

UCSF, UCLA, Loma Linda, western U, USC, case western
Thanks and you have good success ratio. I did not apply to 4 of them and have not heard from other two I applied in September so hopefully will hear later in the month I guess.......GL

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/20
Residency: canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/13, verified 9/16
Application complete date: 9/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/23/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/1 with another interview session (just a presentation day) on 11/3 or 11/17

Do dental schools care more about AA, TS, or PAT ?
i would say TS> AA ~> PAT.
You'll be heavily involved in biological and science courses so it's a better indicator than the AA how you'll fare in school and your ability. It's easy to get a 30 RC or QR....
But obviously don't have a low PAT because that doesn't look good, the PAT isn't that difficult to get a good to great score.

Anyone have advice for pitt’s interviews? I’ve heard it’s 3(?) open-file, very easygoing interviews

Anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?
They will after first round interview. they are sending more promotional\events related emails to us but not invites. we still can be hopeful

Reactions: 1 users
Whens your interview?
Nov 1. I'm not sure if they are sending out more pre-december, but I would assume so! They have interview presentation days Nov 3 and 17 and I think they schedule interviews close to those dates

Hey! Would anyone who had interviewed at Pitt share their experience on their interview?

Hey! Would anyone who had interviewed at Pitt share their experience on their interview?
SUPER chill! They emphasized multiple times during the actual interview how it's a casual conversation rather than a "formal" interview! I actually really enjoyed the whole experience and it was very low-stress!

Yes! Two separate short sessions with two different faculty members.

hey! How were your questions
It was super conversational and we just basically talked about my experiences in both interviews. Not really any super hard or “out there” questions!

Does Pitt do phone calls? Do they email if we don’t pick up due to work?

Does Pitt do phone calls? Do they email if we don’t pick up due to work?
They call! I'm sure they leave a number to call back if you don't pick up or something like that.