University of the Pacific - 2013 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a little bit confused about the interview. Should I be recieving an email or letter that tells me where to go and what to bring? All I have seen so far is the invite email that says to bring a photo copy of my ID.

I am a little bit confused about the interview. Should I be recieving an email or letter that tells me where to go and what to bring? All I have seen so far is the invite email that says to bring a photo copy of my ID.
Your email should say to call ms. Mazuka to schedule the interview date. Once you call and confirm the date and time. She will send you a confirmation email with all the info you need for the interview day! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I scheduled my interview 10 days ago but never received a confirm email. I should give her a call on Monday. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

what are everyones housing plans? Do you plan on living on campus? ... cuz its REALLY expensive. I was looking into some apartments walking distance. I came across the Cottages, which is about a half a mile from the school of pharmacy. Does anybody know of any other places that are close and safe... or is anyone looking for roommates?

Hey Guys,

what are everyones housing plans? Do you plan on living on campus? ... cuz its REALLY expensive. I was looking into some apartments walking distance. I came across the Cottages, which is about a half a mile from the school of pharmacy. Does anybody know of any other places that are close and safe... or is anyone looking for roommates?

When i was there, I checked out Torcello Apartments near UOP. The girl who showed me around mentioned that many UOP pharmacy students live there.

When i was there, I checked out Torcello Apartments near UOP. The girl who showed me around mentioned that many UOP pharmacy students live there.

Any thoughts about the apartments? They look gorgeous in photos! Definitely will consider these apartments if I don't get to live in res. Btw, if you calculate the cost of living in res per month... it really isnt TOO bad considering it makes life so much more convenient.

Any thoughts about the apartments? They look gorgeous in photos! Definitely will consider these apartments if I don't get to live in res. Btw, if you calculate the cost of living in res per month... it really isnt TOO bad considering it makes life so much more convenient.

My friend who graduated last May stayed in Brookside apartments (UOP housing) for the first two years I believe and then the last year she stayed at Torcello and recommended the apartment complex. She liked that it is gated. She liked it better than The Cottages and I agree with with her since I checked out both. Torcello is nice in person and is new. Parking seem to be okay and the girl who showed me around mentioned that even though there are a lot of students living there, it is quite quiet.

yea torcello looks really nice too. is that in walking distance too? So you mentioned where your friend lived 3rd year, but don't we go on rounds our 3rd year?

yea torcello looks really nice too. is that in walking distance too? So you mentioned where your friend lived 3rd year, but don't we go on rounds our 3rd year?

Yeah, we do rotations 3rd year. I just remembered she mentioned those two places she stayed at. For sure the first year was at brookside and the remaining was either at brookside or torcello. She liked both and recommend both to me when I asked her about on housing in UOP.

Google says 2.2 miles. Looks like a nice bicycle cruise to school.

edit:

looks like they allow small dogs too :)

Is tomorrow the last round of interviews? Not much chatter about any other dates. Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow, I will see you there!

Hello!

I've been accepted to UOP and I'm most likely going to attend the university. I wanted to know if anyone is looking for a possible roommate! It's not a set thing yet, but I want to live off-campus since living in the dorms are expensive. I haven't really found a place, but I'd like to room with someone (female preferably).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I've been accepted to UOP and I'm most likely going to attend the university. I wanted to know if anyone is looking for a possible roommate! It's not a set thing yet, but I want to live off-campus since living in the dorms are expensive. I haven't really found a place, but I'd like to room with someone (female preferably).

hey hey, I'm still undecided between dorm and off campus. If they say theres no room in Brookside, I definitely would need a room mate! I've been checking out Torcello btw. Real nice place!

Hey everyone,

Congrats on your acceptance to UOP. I am a current 2nd year going on rotations in August. I also happen to be the current ASP president (and Student Body president as well). The ASP-elect board has created the official FB group page for the C/O 2016 and you can use this to get acquainted with your classmates as well as to begin the search for potential roommates. You can also use the group page to get insight from current students as well. Here is the link to the group page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297526410350624/

Good luck in the upcoming school year!

Who else is on hold and anxiously waiting to hear back
..? :rolleyes:

Me!! I think I obsessively check this thread to see if anyone has gotten any news... late March couldn't come soon enough.

I've been put on hold, too. I wonder if most people who eventually get accepted are put on hold first. I hope so anyways.....

Hey guys...

Has anyone paid the $750 deposit yet? And if so, after you paid, did you get any financial aid / loans / housing info?

Also, the acceptance package said I have 2 weeks from the date printed, but I just received my package yesterday (3/20) but was accepted on 3/15. So does that mean I have until 14 days from the 20th?

Interviewed 3/8
Accepted 3/15

Congrats Goenbursty! =)

I am not sure if at this point you will receive any additional info after you pay your deposit but when I paid for mine (back in October) I only received info on how to setup UOP email account and a housing form if I wanted to sign up for on-campus housing.

I recently started receiving additional emails from UOP about requesting official transcripts to be sent, and dates such as orientation, first day of school, when financial payments need to be made, white coat ceremony.

You get two weeks from the date you received your packet.

Hey guys...

Has anyone paid the $750 deposit yet? And if so, after you paid, did you get any financial aid / loans / housing info?

Also, the acceptance package said I have 2 weeks from the date printed, but I just received my package yesterday (3/20) but was accepted on 3/15. So does that mean I have until 14 days from the 20th?

Interviewed 3/8
Accepted 3/15

Congrats Goenbursty! =)

I am not sure if at this point you will receive any additional info after you pay your deposit but when I paid for mine (back in October) I only received info on how to setup UOP email account and a housing form if I wanted to sign up for on-campus housing.

I recently started receiving additional emails from UOP about requesting official transcripts to be sent, and dates such as orientation, first day of school, when financial payments need to be made, white coat ceremony.

Hey CM,

Thanks :) I was very excited as UOP is my top choice. So, I guess I will just have to pay the deposit and see where it goes then... lol

Have you thought about if you will be staying on or off campus?

I am thinking off campus for me maybe... since it's so much cheaper, any thoughts?

Thanks & Congratz to you
G.
Go Tigers!

Is it crazy that I thought those of us on hold may have started to hear something today? It is late March, and I think they're done with interviews... sooooo frustrating. They can't be this evil, right? :smuggrin:

Is it crazy that I thought those of us on hold may have started to hear something today? It is late March, and I think they're done with interviews... sooooo frustrating. They can't be this evil, right? :smuggrin:

I had an interview on March 8, put on hold on March 15, and today got a letter (snail mail) informing me that I was put in the waitlist. :( So I guess, you should be hearing from them pretty soon. :)

Congrats Goenbursty! =)

I received the financial aid stuff today in the mail. Looks like the max loan per year for me is about 90k

I had an interview on March 8, put on hold on March 15, and today got a letter (snail mail) informing me that I was put in the waitlist. :( So I guess, you should be hearing from them pretty soon. :)

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. No email? That's unusual, so far everything has been with email... I guess I'll be running to my PO Box first thing in the morning. Uh-oh, new avenue to obsessively check. :rolleyes:

Same here. Middle portion of the waitlist. I am pleasantly surprised to be honest. I felt as though I was a long shot going in, so this is pretty good. If I don't get in, my application will be even stronger next year, so I am sure good things will come.

I received the financial aid stuff today in the mail. Looks like the max loan per year for me is about 90k
Thanks for the info!
Looks like it took about 3 months to sort out financial aid stuff...
I will probably have to take out loans too... sighs..

hey guys im sure you will be fine if this is your top school. I plan on giving up my seat in a couple weeks. good luck to whoever gets it!

Same here, ~90k. Did you have many options in your financial aid package? I had the grad plus loan and the stafford unsub loan adding up to about ~90k

Gave up my spot at UOP a couple of days ago. Good luck to the rest of you and don't give up! Last year, UOP was sending our invitation into July (happened to my friend), so for those of you on the waitlist, just be patient :)

Does anyone know what the likelihood is for P1's being offered a spot at Brookside Hall? They put everyone on the waitlist =/

Gave up my spot at UOP a couple of days ago. Good luck to the rest of you and don't give up! Last year, UOP was sending our invitation into July (happened to my friend), so for those of you on the waitlist, just be patient :)

Thanks so much for letting the school and us know. Wish you luck with everything ahead.

Does everyone that gets interviewed, but not accepted, go on the waitlist? Or do they actually deny some people who interview? Just wondering if the waitlist will be 300 people long.

Also, who here is going to accept their waitlist position? Just returned my letter today.

I am in the middle portion of the waitlist as well. I'm going to accept :/

I am in the middle portion of the waitlist as well. I'm going to accept :/

Was this snail mail or email? And congrats I'd say theres still a good chance for you to get in.

Was this snail mail or email? And congrats I'd say theres still a good chance for you to get in.

i received the wait list notification through snail mail. i wonder if they told all the "hold" applicants that they were in the middle portion of the wait list.. -_-

i received the wait list notification through snail mail. i wonder if they told all the "hold" applicants that they were in the middle portion of the wait list.. -_-

I don't think so. I have not heard anything from the school since the on hold decision in October. Finger crossed and good luck to all of us here.

Is there anyone like me still hasn't received the wait list offer? Does this mean a rejection?

Yes!!! I still haven't heard anything! And I am freaking out :-(

Have not received anything either. Just frantically checking the mail/email. When did you guys interview? I'm from mid Feb.

I've heard nothing... and I interviewed back in October. I've checked every source of mail/email... nothing.

I am so worried now. I don't know what this could mean and I cannot wait another second :-( I hope this turns out to be good news , I really do cause I feel like my interview was amazing! And I don't know what else could be ! Fingers crossed we get our acceptances!!, :-D praying for all of us!

I'm completely freaked out too!! They sure can drag out the torture. I don't know how much more waiting I can take!

Hang in there, everyone. We still have a few more days ahead. Stay positive and keep praying I guess.

Still nothing I guess :/ did anyone call veronica?