University of Toledo MSBS 2013-2014 (SMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really hoping for some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I can tell you, Neuroglia, that there are ~14 seats left and that is with 96% confidence. Good luck and remember, we still need a roommate.

I can tell you, Neuroglia, that there are ~14 seats left and that is with 96% confidence. Good luck and remember, we still need a roommate.

thanks dude, safe to say my patience has been worn thin :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get accepted recently? I thought I read someone saying final decisions would be sent out by now?

Still waiting on a reply, getting kinda worried:scared:

Still complete and awaiting decision...and it's been almost 2 months since they supposedly started reviewing. The admissions staff here is really frustrating :mad:

Also waiting. Does anyone know if the class is full, yet? I imagine they must still be doing something if we're "Awaiting Decision" and not decided. Just checked last year's thread, and apparently there's a different message if you do not get in.

Really wish theyd let us know soon. Have to make decisions either way and time is running out.

Really wish theyd let us know soon. Have to make decisions either way and time is running out.

The program is super disorganized and unfortunately it is the only negative in the big list of positives that the program puts out. One student last year got in a couple of days before orientation.

Orientation is August 14th FYI and classes start August 19th.

The program is super disorganized and unfortunately it is the only negative in the big list of positives that the program puts out. One student last year got in a couple of days before orientation.

Orientation is August 14th FYI and classes start August 19th.

Thanks a lot for posting the dates. There was no way of us knowing without getting in, so that definitely helps plan for the best/worst case scenarios.

Appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

I just called--apparently there are only ~2 spots left. Things are not lookin' good for me!

Neuroglia, let them know you want to get in super badly! Make your case!

Neuroglia, let them know you want to get in super badly! Make your case!

I sent Dr. CBC an email basically stating why I want to g Friday morning, hopefully she picks up my file again today and gets back to me :cool:

As someone with recent experience with this program and some behind the scenes knowledge, talking to CBC or whoever doesn't really have any impact unless you say something that's going to move her to tears. At the end of the day, you either have the grades and background (reasearch/mission trips/community service) or you don't, point blank. You can try to show her who you are, or flex some connections you might have, but she doesn't really care if someone else has a resume that's even 1% better.

Good luck to all you guys, it's an extremely hard program because of the high scores needed to make it worth it ie, get accepted into med school, but I'm sure you guys will do it.

As someone with recent experience with this program and some behind the scenes knowledge, talking to CBC or whoever doesn't really have any impact unless you say something that's going to move her to tears. At the end of the day, you either have the grades and background (reasearch/mission trips/community service) or you don't, point blank. You can try to show her who you are, or flex some connections you might have, but she doesn't really care if someone else has a resume that's even 1% better.

Good luck to all you guys, it's an extremely hard program because of the high scores needed to make it worth it ie, get accepted into med school, but I'm sure you guys will do it.

Anything you wish someone had told you before you started the program? Would appreciate any input you had as someone who's been there before.

Anything you wish someone had told you before you started the program? Would appreciate any input you had as someone who's been there before.

I knew people who had just finished the program the year before I started, they simply said told me you will be studying 8-10hrs a day and it will be really stressful. They were right spot on, all I can say is get ready to study hard enough to honor classes if you want to get in med school.

I knew people who had just finished the program the year before I started, they simply said told me you will be studying 8-10hrs a day and it will be really stressful. They were right spot on, all I can say is get ready to study hard enough to honor classes if you want to get in med school.

Appreciate the honesty. Seems fair to me, considering how hard med school is, anyway. Looking forward to getting to work!