UPenn 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhaval39

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This thread is for the people who are willing to and already have applied to UPenn. UPenn starts sending its invites during end of july and has a policy of rolling admission. Any input on the cycle will be highly appreciated as well as also the knowledge of what the university looks for in the applicants resume!

All the best everyone! lets keep each other motivated.
Dhaval

Members don't see this ad.

what does rolling admission mean. Second, while applying ,original transcripts are okay rt..or only notarised copy are required?

what does rolling admission mean. Second, while applying ,original transcripts are okay rt..or only notarised copy are required?

rolling admission means they will call for interviews according to the date of application. Means if i have applied prior to you and if they think i am capable of interview then i would be given first preference. Basically first come first serve basis.. and ya any transcripts would do.. i had send the original transcripts.. hope this helps

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rolling admission is a process wherein the sooner you apply the better are the chances to be called for IVs. They give preferences to early applicants and these schools will have IV process every weekend and fill up there seats accordingly.
You can sent notarized transcripts to UPenn.

Hi , can we send direct scores to UPENN or hv to order n send along with application .

Hey i was just wondering , do we need to send them transcripts or the mark sheets?

Hi vancitydentist only transcripts. My friend had same confusion we called and confirmed. So just sent transcripts. Rest you can confirm once if you wish to do so :)

I can't seem to get hold of transcripts, have asked the college and its been weeks now, still not done. Even paid fees. Feel so frustrated.

I can understand .
Hope things work out for you soon
Good luck !

I emailed the program and someone emailed me back saying that mark sheets are same as transcripts,as long as its notarized copies, I'm still not sure if I should apply now or wait to see if my college actually makes them in time.

There is time in deadline
You can wait to be on safe side .

Hey guys is it a good idea to write your name and address and email at end of questionaire ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys is it a good idea to write your name and address and email at end of questionaire ?
not necessary to do that as you send in all documents together and at the same time i dont think there is any harm in doing that as well

I don't see any minimum score that is acceptable by Penn. Does any one have any idea about what is the minimum TOEFL score to apply for Penn university.

I don't see any minimum score that is acceptable by Penn. Does any one have any idea about what is the minimum TOEFL score to apply for Penn university.

I'm copying this from their website:

Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores — An official TOEFL score is required for all applicants (including native English speakers) who have received their dental degree from a non-U.S.dental school. Official scores may be sent directly from ETS TOEFL OR may be submitted along with the PASS Supplemental Application provided they are in a sealed envelope from the ETS TOEFL. Scores may be submitted separately if you do not have them when you submit your PASS Supplemental application. TOEFL scores from 2010 and earlier will not be considered. Notarized copies are not accepted. Although there is no minimum TOEFL score, serious consideration will be given to applicants with Internet-based test (iBT) scores of 90 and above. The average iBT TOEFL score for the class entering April, 2013 was 99. For information and registration materials, visit TOEFL: Home. Penn Dental Medicine's TOEFL Institution Code is 2944 and the Department Code is 38.

Did anyone have problem sending supplement documents to UPENN ? I dent them yesterday through USPS and it says available for pick up ????
Does any one know what that is ?
Thanks in advance .

Any news from UPenn? anyone got IV call?

Nope. That is RADICULOUS!!! What should I do if they liked me so much.:naughty:
FYI- more 16 people are interviewing with me in the month of September.

Nope. That is RADICULOUS!!! What should I do if they liked me so much.:naughty:
FYI- more 16 people are interviewing with me in the month of September.

haha radiculous??? lol!! and so there are 17 invites given out!

lol! By the way, I don't know about 16 invites but the 17th one was definitely sent to a GHOST.... ;)...

i did call up UPENN and they said they have started giving out invites... so radical ghost would be saying the truth!

no body is saying that RADICALGHOST is not telling the truth, what i meant to say it is strange that no one else is any thing about invitations for this program , while in other cases many people start declaring their invitations .sorry radicalghost for misunderstanding .

There are others as well...just that people arent coming out and telling. Im sure there are many more. Thank you Radical Ghost for sharing the news.

Ok just some one can tell if the ivs are through MAIL or E-Mail , I heard a contraversy about this !!! Just can someone make it clear !!!!

Hello all,
I got brochure from UPPEN in-spite of the interview invitation. It that a good sign or bad sign?

Hello all,
I got brochure from UPPEN in-spite of the interview invitation. It that a good sign or bad sign?

any more invitations for interview ?????????????????

any more invitations for interview ?????????????????

Same question!.....Any other invites?? Anybody has any info on how many invites have been send out till now???:confused:

Even I got a brochure from UPenn....Did everyone get one? Approximately how many days after getting the brochure can we expect an I.V call?

I got an interview invitation from uppen via email yesterday.....

hey operative. can u share ur stats if u dont mind please?

Anyone has idea about the Iv process at Upenn? What kind of questions they ask?

stats please anyone?? and yea what were ur completion date?

I got an interview at UPENN at 10/22. They said all the Tuesdays before that till the 9/10 are full. They send an email and you have to call to schedule. they send a package to the mail with all the details :)

did the university start sending rejections as well ?
what about the applicants who have not heard anything yet !!!

Congrats to all those who got interviews
Do u mind if u share some stats ? So we can understand how they are thinking ?
Thank u for sharing

I got an interview at UPENN at 10/22. They said all the Tuesdays before that till the 9/10 are full. They send an email and you have to call to schedule. they send a package to the mail with all the details :)

Hey I have the same date 10/22. I am flying from CA? Did you make travel plans for upenn?

Hey congrats! I have an interview in Oct 22nd too. I'm flying from Virginia. I'm willing to share a room with a female student. But I have not received the detailed info yet. I would like to find a hotel that is walking distance from the Uni.

did the university start sending rejections as well ?
what about the applicants who have not heard anything yet !!!
yes, they started sending rejection letters, a friend of mine got that by post