UPenn 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, Any girl willing to share accommodation for upenn interview on OCT 29 ? plz contact me.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they still sending invites? I am sincerely hoping for an interview and praying.

Members don't see this ad :)
People who got interviews and rejections,,,can u plz share your status and the time you got your application complete,,,thank you

Its another dream come true...
Got accepted at UPenn too!!!
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:
:boom:

I am just kidding. I know some schools are biased towards maintaining their diversity. But then there are other schools that would accept you purely on your intelligence and skills. So dont think about these things that are not in your hand. Be Confident about yourself and you will do good.

@RadicalGhost, Congrats on your success. Do you have any idea if they are still sending invites. Can you share your stats. Please. Heartiest Congratulations once again.

I am just kidding. I know some schools are biased towards maintaining their diversity. But then there are other schools that would accept you purely on your intelligence and skills. So dont think about these things that are not in your hand. Be Confident about yourself and you will do good.

You must have super good profile to get acceptance from multiple schools, specially UPenn. I personally feel its extra tough for Indian candidates, as most of the schools look for diversity.
Being from a country, less represented in dental schools, is the biggest add-on anyone can have on their profile :)

Does upenn send interview invitation email only on tuesdays????

Members don't see this ad :)
My Stats are NBDE part 1 and 2, Toefl- 103, Gpa: 3.8 . Strong SOP and good LORs. Good experience as clinician,shadowing, researching and lot of volunteering both in home country and US. Hope this helps. All the best.

Congratz:) . Pls throw some light on volunteering in U.S. ...

how to find research opportunities in us? you'r help would be appreciated.

Look for the research and volunteering opportunities in your nearest school or community website. Everything is available online and on their website. Keep on looking. Every weekend there would be a volunteer program in your community. Join the dental groups in your county. There are sometimes shadowing opportunities available too.

Look for the research and volunteering opportunities in your nearest school or community website. Everything is available online and on their website. Keep on looking. Every weekend there would be a volunteer program in your community. Join the dental groups in your county. There are sometimes shadowing opportunities available too.

Hey
Do they give credit to only volunteering related in dental field or any type of volunteering ( like volunteer for American red cross or any medical hospital)?

Is there anybody who neither received an interview invite nor a rejection from UPenn like me?

Same here, I did not get a rejection nor a invitation. Does someone know, are there going to be more invitations sent out in near future.

I agree. Is Radical Ghost being truthful? UPenn is not even done with iv invite completion!!

Guys why you have to be like this?? Seriously?? Doubting every single word and not trusting others?

She is saying the truth because another Indian girl got an acceptance on the same exact day when Radical Ghost posted her acceptance on.

Last edited:
I agree. Is Radical Ghost being truthful? UPenn is not even done with iv invite completion!!

Wow... Seriously dude?
She came up and posted when she got the invitation for interview and when she got accepted too. And now she is helping others telling how to go about the process. Many people don't even come forward to tell others anything.
So please and yes please stop being suspicious and be thankful .
She was one of the few firsts to get an IV interview and one of the few firsts to get an acceptance. I hope you get now what the word "rolling interview and admission" means.
It is a forum so unless you are sure about something .,, don't post it.
Thanks and all the best

Seriously Cuppi?? This is the best you could do !! :naughty: You didn't ask for my acceptance letter??

Now is the time, where I can calmly sit back and smile at people who doubted my invitation and now my acceptances. After reaching this wonderful destination, I look back and think about my firm determination and my extreme hard work,that has paid off and now I have to prove NO ONE..

Reactions: 1 users
Wow!! I never thought I got some strong supporters here. 'Anooogy' and 'drricha' you are the best!! :biglove::biglove:

For aspirants and also 'Cuppi' :) -- who are still in the journey to reach their destination-- Hang in there-- You will definitely make it. I was in your shoe till this moment and I know the cycle sometimes become very frustrating and depressing--- Just have patience and confidence in you cause at the end every bit of it is worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow!! I never thought I got some strong supporters here. 'Anooogy' and 'drricha' you are the best!! :biglove::biglove:

For aspirants and also 'Cuppi' :) -- who are still in the journey to reach their destination-- Hang in there-- You will definitely make it. I was in your shoe till this moment and I know the cycle sometimes become very frustrating and depressing--- Just have patience and confidence in you cause at the end every bit of it is worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes it is stressful but hopefully we will
Get there soon :)

RadicalGhost, is this your first cycle?

also, did you have clinical experience in your home country? If so, for how long? any masters in home country or usa?

Is there anybody who neither received an interview invite nor a rejection from UPenn like me?

Same here, I did not get a rejection nor a invitation. Does someone know, are there going to be more invitations sent out in near future.

Me three. I have not got anything so far! Is this a good or bad sign? Also, are they going to send more ivs?

@smiles2smiles and moustafa, could u pls tell when u received ur application complete e-mail?

May be we r all in the waiting list...If anybody declines their interview or admission, may be then they would call us...let us be positive��
By the way, where do u stay?

Its another dream come true...
Got accepted at UPenn too!!!
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:
:boom:

CONGRATS!!!! Would you be so kind to let us know what to expect on the interview. I received an invitation as well, trying to book it for October 29th. I am a little confused re "writing sample exercise". On the sample schedule I see there are two interviews as well. what are they focusing on? more personal interview or more dental info? Would really appreciate your help. And congrats one more time! :)

I just finished with my interview. Writing exercise is very simple..topic was on " the outdoor activity you enjoy and why"? they are just checking on how you can express urself . as for the interview questions were mostly on what kind of experience you have esp. in US and based on your PS.
Good Luck , Just be confident and u will do well.

Reactions: 1 user
Penn has 3 interview batches - Every Tuesday of Sept, Oct and Nov. Every batch had 6-7 Candidates. They are just done with the Sept batch and the acceptance results are out. Interviews till Oct last week are full i.e people you would be interviewing for full Oct months have received their invitations. They are still sending invites for November. So if you have not heard anything from Penn. Stay hopeful you might get to hear the good news soon :)

I second 'Eladent'. Its the most relaxing interview you would ever have. There are three interviewer that would interview you and all of them are very friendly and comforting. They just want to know you and your personality. Writing samples are on very very general topic. You dont need any previous preparation for that. So just relax and be yourself at the interview. All the very best :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Penn has 3 interview batches - Every Tuesday of Sept, Oct and Nov. Every batch had 6-7 Candidates. They are just done with the Sept batch and the acceptance results are out. Interviews till Oct last week are full i.e people you would be interviewing for full Oct months have received their invitations. They are still sending invites for November. So if you have not heard anything from Penn. Stay hopeful you might get to hear the good news soon :)
Hey
Thank u for the info!!! this gives a lot of hope...
Good luck for everyone!!!

THANK YOU for the info! Very much appreciated! October 29th is my turn! :)

For all those who have interviews at Upenn, just be yourself. It's the easiest interview you can ever ask for. And stay confident. Congratulations to all those who got accepted :) and all the best to those are waiting for IV call or have one soon. May the blessings be with you x

For all those who have interviews at Upenn, just be yourself. It's the easiest interview you can ever ask for. And stay confident. Congratulations to all those who got accepted :) and all the best to those are waiting for IV call or have one soon. May the blessings be with you x

AmT, Are a student at UPenn?

No but I ve been interviewed and got accepted at Penn.

Thank you so much for your positive words and energy! Congrats on acceptance and Good luck to you as well! :)

AmT- Thank you so much for the boosting the confidence of everyone in this forum. Congratulation and good luck for your future.

Guys any do you have any idea about Temple Uni? Is it worth to apply for a 3years program there??

hey sorry to hear but one question you got rejection by email or mail