USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the post office doesn't open on sunday & i believe monday also. so expect something maybe tomorrow or tuesday. eeek.

ugh i wish they would just send everything all at once.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I just received a big yellow packet with my acceptance letter!!!! I am so excited!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I also interviewed on the 21st so I'm hoping to find a yellow packet when I go back to the OC :)

My friend got hers today and she's from OCt interview. I'm crossing my fingers for mine. :xf:

so for those that received the acceptance packet, who is actually planning to attend usc? im asking this because i also got accepted to westernu and UOP, already put my deposit for uop since this was the school i got accepted to first and did not know if i was going to get into usc or western at that time. But i woould like to know ur thoughts about wer ur planning to go and what made u decided taht. I feel like i like uop alot, but usc and western are great schools too and closer to my house than uop. plus the 3 yr program scares me abit and having to fit in pharmacy hours in 3 years seems like too much also. So idk, but am defitnitely honored to be part of the small group of applicants who got chosen from 123 students, so this makes me more want to attend usc.

I received my acceptance packet today! I didn't think I'd get in bc it was my first interview & I was so nervous! I was in the AC list from the October interview.

Good luck to all of you.

I received my acceptance packet today! I didn't think I'd get in bc it was my first interview & I was so nervous! I was in the AC list from the October interview.

Good luck to all of you.

Congratz .... Did any one get the package who lives in oc?!

yep :(
and i live really close to USC too..

well, ****. i mean you can't say for sure you're still on AC, but i know that feel..

mail didn't come yet, i'm going crazy right now

Members don't see this ad :)
well, ****. i mean you can't say for sure you're still on AC, but i know that feel..

mail didn't come yet, i'm going crazy right now

ohpues, best wishes to you! the anticipation does drive people nuts...

Hi guys, I just received a big yellow packet with my acceptance letter!!!! I am so excited!!!

+1:thumbup:

I just got one today, too!! :) (interviewed jan 21)

+1 :thumbup:

Good luck to all of you.

wooo!!! got the big envelope as well! -from the oc

Congratulations to all of you guys!!! Welcome to the Trojans family. Are all of you will be attending this fall at USC? :D

Just got an acceptance! :) (I was pulled from AC from the Oct. interview)

Last edited:
anyone from norcal get a packet?

i'm from norcal and... no packet =[

Yay! I just checked my mailbox and I also got that big yellow envelope :))))))!!!!!
(I interviewed in Oct as well)
FYI I live in Torrance, which is like 30 minutes away from USC.
Now it's time for me to decide which school I really wanna go to and spend my next 4 years at x)
Good luck to all of Oct and Jan interviewees :thumbup:

Congratulations to all of you guys!!! Welcome to the Trojans family. Are all of you will be attending this fall at USC? :D

Thanks, and congrats to all others as well! I will most likely be attending USC! I only applied to 2 schools with this being one of them :)

Last edited:
Question about the interview...Was it more conversational (kind of like UCSD where the interviewer just looked at my supplemental and came up with questions off the top of his head)? Or was it more typical straight and answer where the interviewer just went down his list of questions? Any weird curveball questions or just typical interview questions?

Question about the interview...Was it more conversational (kind of like UCSD where the interviewer just looked at my supplemental and came up with questions off the top of his head)? Or was it more typical straight and answer where the interviewer just went down his list of questions? Any weird curveball questions or just typical interview questions?

The interview was conversational. The questions asked were typical interview questions (for me), but it could be different for others depending on who you get as your interviewers.

Mine was straight off a list of questions. They did not have my file in front of them. Expect follow up questions and unexpected questions as well.

Be prepared for ANYTHING basically.

I got the acceptance letter yesterday too! was on the AC from oct
(in norwalk btw)

anyone who got accepted want to PM me? i have questions to ask, mostly AP scores and submitting the intent form.

Thanks!

Mine was straight off a list of questions. They did not have my file in front of them. Expect follow up questions and unexpected questions as well.

Be prepared for ANYTHING basically.

What would you say was an unexpected question during your interview?

What would you say was an unexpected question during your interview?

I think the hardest one for me was.... besides retail and outpatient pharmacy, what other areas of pharmacy have you explored or would be interested in?

That was a little difficult for me because I never really thought about it.

For those who got accepted, is there a facebook group started up already?

I have a question. I also received an acceptance to USC. If I'm currently taking a non-required class for Spring semester and would like to withdraw the class, would they revoke my acceptance? I took the class to just help me prepare in the future. Thanks!

I have a question. I also received an acceptance to USC. If I'm currently taking a non-required class for Spring semester and would like to withdraw the class, would they revoke my acceptance? I took the class to just help me prepare in the future. Thanks!

If it's a non-required class they probably won't care but it's a good idea to just email or call them and ask. What class is it btw? If I were you I would just stick to it for personal enrichment/fun =) Unless it's costing you a lot...

If it's a non-required class they probably won't care but it's a good idea to just email or call them and ask. What class is it btw? If I were you I would just stick to it for personal enrichment/fun =) Unless it's costing you a lot...

It's Anatomy that's why I thought its going to be helpful. I'll try to call the admission to make sure before doing anything. Thanks!

Aside from the acceptance package, did you guys get any information about when to get our shots and blood tested?

has anyone who received the acceptance packet also gotten an email acceptance? I recently changed my address and don't think they know that yet.

ghoori, are you in norcal? lilshy, norcal?

i haven't gotten an AC email [at least yet]... i didn't get mail from usc on saturday either [but i'm in norcal]...

mail is coming anytime now! i hope a packet arrives :p

Last edited:
ghoori, are you in norcal? lilshy, norcal?

i haven't gotten an AC email [at least yet]... i didn't get mail from usc on saturday either [but i'm in norcal]...

mail is coming anytime now! i hope a packet arrives :p

hii no, i'm actually from socal. eek hopefully you'll see that packet!

are there candidates that were accepted (for sure) not going to attend USC?
(hopefully more seats will open up for us AC people) :(

are there candidates that were accepted (for sure) not going to attend USC?
(hopefully more seats will open up for us AC people) :(

Is USC your first choice? So far there are only 75 people being accepted and I know a few that are waiting for ucsd or ucsf. Hopefully, they will give up their spots soon...

Is USC your first choice? So far there are only 75 people being accepted and I know a few that are waiting for ucsd or ucsf. Hopefully, they will give up their spots soon...

yes it is! i don't want to make excuses for why i couldn't perform my best during the interview, but i really hope my interviewer didn't deduct too many points for being extremely nervous :( i straight up told him that i was nervous too. i really hope i can get in this cycle!!!!!!

I hope ... Last year almost 250 got acceptated .... And 2 more interviews left.....

I hope ... Last year almost 250 got acceptated .... And 2 more interviews left.....

I wonder if they take into consideration that the applicants who interview in march will be "somewhat" more prepared than the october applicants because they either have had interviews from other schools or they're more prepared and mentally ready compared to the fall interviews. either way, hopefully they'll accept more!! :xf:

hii no, i'm actually from socal. eek hopefully you'll see that packet!

well, i hope you get an acceptance in the next couple of months! waiting these past five months have been close to torture for me... lol. but, i got my packet in the mail today, so i'm relieved.

i think they've accepted ~35 of those who interviewed in october, so it would make sense that they would accept more sometime later. i think it would be 10-20 more.

I wonder if they take into consideration that the applicants who interview in march will be "somewhat" more prepared than the october applicants because they either have had interviews from other schools or they're more prepared and mentally ready compared to the fall interviews. either way, hopefully they'll accept more!! :xf:

I hope so too.

well, i hope you get an acceptance in the next couple of months! waiting these past five months have been close to torture for me... lol. but, i got my packet in the mail today, so i'm relieved.

i think they've accepted ~35 of those who interviewed in october, so it would make sense that they would accept more sometime later. i think it would be 10-20 more.

Congrats! See you during orientation.

I just found out that I have been accepted. (Interviewed on January 21 11:00AM session). I'm on the east coast, so I haven't gotten the mail yet. But I gave them a call and was told I was admitted.