UTSD-Houston Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I contacted them they said they send out acceptances each month till May. However, I don't how many rounds of acceptances are there usually before May. I know after May they send their last round of acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted them they said they send out acceptances each month till May. However, I don't how many rounds of acceptances are there usually before May. I know after May they send their last round of acceptance.
Do you know if their sending out acceptances based on past interviews or acceptances after issuing more interviews

I’m not sure if this information is helpful but I interviewed in December and received an acceptance at the end of January. Maybe they are doing small staggered acceptances?

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure if this information is helpful but I interviewed in December and received an acceptance at the end of January. Maybe they are doing small staggered acceptances?
They might be doing a couple acceptances every Tuesday? Did you happen to get your acceptance on a Tuesday? Congrats btw!!

I think they might be doing acceptances for December, January invites and once all the interview are done, they would go back and send acceptance to the others. I interviewed back in early September, still haven’t heard. Hopefully I hear something soon

They might be doing a couple acceptances every Tuesday? Did you happen to get your acceptance on a Tuesday? Congrats btw!!
Yes I got the email Jan 26th so I bet you’re right they notify on Tuesdays! And thank you! I’m a re-applicant so I’m pumped to finally receive an acceptance!

I think they might be doing acceptances for December, January invites and once all the interview are done, they would go back and send acceptance to the others. I interviewed back in early September, still haven’t heard. Hopefully I hear something soon
I am think the same thing. I interviewed in October and still waiting to hear back. I emailed them and they said I am still under consideration. So I am thinking they will probably come back to all the pre-December interviewees later on.

I am think the same thing. I interviewed in October and still waiting to hear back. I emailed them and they said I am still under consideration. So I am thinking they will probably come back to all the pre-December interviewees later on.
Actually, it has nothing to do with when you got interviewed. I think they do the same thing as SA. They give you a score and based on where you rank, you might or might not be accepted.

Actually, it has nothing to do with when you got interviewed. I think they do the same thing as SA. They give you a score and based on where you rank, you might or might not be accepted.
What made you come to this conclusion?

Last edited:
What made you come to this conclusion?
When I interviewed at San Antonio, Dr. Malone, the dean of admissions, said that. He also said that’s likely how other schools do it as well. Also, once a score is given, it can’t be changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Texas sends out rejection letters? I never received an interview or rejection.

Anyone heard back from UTSD this week?
Doubt it with the winter storm hitting Houston hard the entire week. It probably set admissions back another week! Apparently, they’re the slowest school to respond to applicants compared to other Texas schools. (According to last year’s thread.)

Does anyone know if Texas sends out rejection letters? I never received an interview or rejection.
I think they might send out rejections without interviews at around March. Houston is a bit slower, but last year the other Texas schools sent out such rejections at the very end of February’s

Accepted 4:01 PM CST via email!!! Incredibly excited, UTSD was my top choice.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted at 4:01!

I heard that students can hold spots at multiple schools, but eventually there's some deadline where the schools know if you have multiple spots. Does anyone know when the deadline is for this year since everything is pushed back?

Does anyone know how many seats are filled or can tell how many ppl r in GroupMe please

Rejected without interview today :)

• Care
Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting in? I had a pretty decent interview on December 15th. My DAT is 23 and my sGPA and cGPA are both 3.91. I have over 100 shadowing and over 100 volunteering hours. I have few leadership positions and I work as a part-time tutor. I am also a Texas resident. Is there anything I am missing here for not getting an acceptance yet? I applied on July 9th if that is relevant right now. Please give me your honest opinions since I am really frustrated rn. I would really appreciate it.

Anyone know if there's a GroupMe for accepted students? I only found the fb group.

Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting in? I had a pretty decent interview on December 15th. My DAT is 23 and my sGPA and cGPA are both 3.91. I have over 100 shadowing and over 100 volunteering hours. I have few leadership positions and I work as a part-time tutor. I am also a Texas resident. Is there anything I am missing here for not getting an acceptance yet? I applied on July 9th if that is relevant right now. Please give me your honest opinions since I am really frustrated rn. I would really appreciate it.

who knows what they are looking for tbh . My cousin has a 3.8 22dat interviewed in sept and didn’t get in yet. My friend applied 2018 and didn’t get in w 3.8 23dat. Both their interviews went not too great tho. I applied 2018 and got in w/ 4.0 23dat, I thought my interview was average. Hoping you hear good news

who knows what they are looking for tbh . My cousin has a 3.8 22dat interviewed in sept and didn’t get in yet. My friend applied 2018 and didn’t get in w 3.8 23dat. Both their interviews went not too great tho. I applied 2018 and got in w/ 4.0 23dat, I thought my interview was average. Hoping you hear good news
Thanks! However, I wish they would actually give us some info about the admission process. This way students will know where they went wrong and improve their application next cycle. As far as we know, the deans of admissions could be just accepting some of their friends and relatives to their school and we wouldn't even know it. Not to mention the unconscious bias that we humans have. Even though what I am saying maybe improbable but it is very likely possible and that is what's scaring me. Did I not get in because of me or was it some BS factor like affirmative action, city residencies, connections/LR, biased opinions of the faculties, etc?????????

Rejected without interview today. OOS so it was almost expected.

I applied and got an interview this year and last year with similar stats, and have not heard back yet. I was pretty confident in both of my interviews. It’s extremely frustrating and disheartening. Just here to tell you that you’re definitely not alone, unfortunately a lot of it is by luck of the draw. After this cycle if things don’t work out, reach out to Dr. Cooley and ask for ways to improve your application. It might not be super enlightening, but definitely shows initiative on your end. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed in late January but have not received a rejection letter yet. Is now the time to freak out? UTSD is the only school I interviewed at

wat were ur stats if u don’t mind sharing please
23 AA on DAT (26 PA)
GPA not very good. Low on bell curve of people typically admitted, but I also went to a school known for academics and I think I could have had a much better GPA at a state school. 5 years experience working as lab tech in ortho office, plenty of shadowing both ortho and general. Leadership and volunteering nothing special.

23 AA on DAT (26 PA)
GPA not very good. Low on bell curve of people typically admitted, but I also went to a school known for academics and I think I could have had a much better GPA at a state school. 5 years experience working as lab tech in ortho office, plenty of shadowing both ortho and general. Leadership and volunteering nothing special.
In state as well

I have two questions. First, which school did you attend? And second how bad are you taking when you said your GPA isn't that great? Also, are you a reapplicant?
I am a reapplicant. Would rather not say which school for anonymity's sake. Sorry. My GPA wouldn't be considered low for anything outside applying to dental/med school.

Anyone in the Groupme willing to share how many are in the group as of today?

Anyone in the Groupme willing to share how many are in the group as of today?
Currently 84! But keep in mind some are upperclassmen and not everyone matriculating is in the groupme

Currently 84! But keep in mind some are upperclassmen and not everyone matriculating is in the groupme
Thanks a lot! Trying to stay hopeful. I’m a non traditional student and it seems like UTSD and other Texas schools aren’t fond of non-traditional students.

Thanks a lot! Trying to stay hopeful. I’m a non traditional student and it seems like UTSD and other Texas schools aren’t fond of non-traditional students.
What makes you think that? I'm nontrad as well