VCOM 2010-2011 Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danznchandee16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start a thread for the class of 2015 at VCOM! I have an automatic acceptance to either the VA campus or SC campus for next year from being on the waitlist for this year. I will definitely be chosing the VA campus and can't wait to see the rest of you guys there!

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, i got early acceptance for 2015 also, ill be going to the VA campus as well.

I will see you guys up there next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
can i ask for everyone's stats? and when did you apply to vcom?:)

can i ask for everyone's stats? and when did you apply to vcom?:)

3.7 gpa, 3.5 sgpa, 23N MCATS, 2000+ hrs volunteer work, 100+ hrs internship, 500+ hrs research with a publication and conference presentation.

Hey everyone!

Good luck with your application process and to those with early acceptances congratulations! I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me or just post on here because someone else may have the same question. I am a first year student here at VCOM so I will try to help you guys if I can. Again good luck and congrats!!

I don't know if anybody can shed some light on this, but if you could I'd appreciate it very much. I received an invitation to the open house for VCOM...I assume that is not an actual invite but it did say one on one interviews with admissions committee so I wasn't sure. Before I email and ask I was wondering if anyone had experience with this. It's not that I don't wanna attend the open house, but living in NH it would cost me quite a bit to go and stay for it, if it wasn't an actual interview.

Awesome! Congrats! Did you apply last cycle?

yes i applied later in the application cycle and by the time i had my interview the class was already full. i was on the waitlist for this year but there was not enough movement for me to begin this year. i was in the top tier of the waitlist so i have an automatic acceptance for next years class and can choose between SC or VA campus. and i'm definitely choosing VA! are you applying for next year?

Congratulation guys for the acceptance! I also interviewed late last year and got an early acceptance. I know I received the letter, but it is at my parent's house. For people who just got their letters this week, do you know when the deadline for the deposit is? Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulation guys for the acceptance! I also interviewed late last year and got an early acceptance. I know I received the letter, but it is at my parent's house. For people who just got their letters this week, do you know when the deadline for the deposit is? Thanks a bunch!

yes october 29th for the deposit and background check

Just received my letter today, too. Looking forward to meeting you all next fall!

does anyone know if there is a VCOM-VA class of 2015 facebook page? does someone affiliated with the school start it? can't wait to meet classmates and perhaps start looking for a roommate!

does anyone know if there is a VCOM-VA class of 2015 facebook page? does someone affiliated with the school start it? can't wait to meet classmates and perhaps start looking for a roommate!

For the facebook page for 2014 I just took the initiative and made one myself, and invited some people I knew had been accepted. It rapidly grew and certainly helped people meet I think!

For the facebook page for 2014 I just took the initiative and made one myself, and invited some people I knew had been accepted. It rapidly grew and certainly helped people meet I think!

yes i saw the class of 2014 page and it was awesome! people on there looking for roommates and everything. i think i will start a 2015!

Has anyone receive anything else regarding what we need to do after we are accepted? I've gotten my VCOM email, but since then have not receive anything else pertaining to what we needed to do moving forward. I know we are suppose to send in our transcript and health insurance info. and probably sign up for financial aid.

Has anyone receive anything else regarding what we need to do after we are accepted? I've gotten my VCOM email, but since then have not receive anything else pertaining to what we needed to do moving forward. I know we are suppose to send in our transcript and health insurance info. and probably sign up for financial aid.

This is probably a late post, but maybe you will find it helpful:
http://www.vcom.vt.edu/2015

I just wanted to say hey to my future classmates in Blacksburg! Have you all recieved any information about Accepted Students day?

I just wanted to say hey to my future classmates in Blacksburg! Have you all recieved any information about Accepted Students day?

All I know is that it's March 12th and that parents are invited. Still waiting for more info

I was in Blacksburg/NRV this past weekend visting friends at VT/checking out apartments. According to the leasing offices, Accepted Students Day is a good day to pick a roommate-- from that it sounds like there will be information sessions, with plenty of time in between to get to know each other. Whether there's an official schedule or it's wide open, I'm pretty excited either way.