VCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the waitlist with fingers crossed... I have an acceptance elsewhere but VCOM is where I'd really like to be. I interviewed earlier in April and I believe they were still holding interviews for a week or two after mine.

Yes, to making a Facebook page- I recently did! Search "Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine- Virginia Campus, Class of 2016" and I can add you as an administrator!

I searched and came up with nothing. Does the page exist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Incoming VCOM students. Congrats on your acceptance. If you are still looking for housing, I am a soon-to be graduate of VCOM Blacksburg that is interested in renting my townhome. It is in a great location and many other med students live in the area. If you are interested send me a PM. Or if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me as well.

Congrats, 4 years goes by fast when you look back on it.

So, can anyone give me some honest advice. I've been accepted to both VCOM and LMU-DCOM and I absolutely loved both schools. I am so excited but I am really not sure which one is going to be the better option. Does anyone know the positives and negatives of the two schools?

Has anyone on the wait list gotten their rank yet? I remember the vague "mid-May" time frame for ranking.

I was accepted mid-may but not sure if they have given out rank yet for the waitlist- I hope you hear something soon.

Thanks. When was your interview? Mine was pretty late - in April. Anyway, I did contact them and they have not ranked other than the current top 10 (which I unfortunately am not in). I'm just antsy because I have another acceptance but would really rather come here.