VMRCVM c/o 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm IS

Members don't see this ad.

Those that have received e-mails, did anything change on your status page?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview and it still says "under review" on my status page.

Do you think they will email us a reject or should I just assume no email = no interview :(

They may just be waiting to see if some people decline the offer. If they have a different interview same day(s) that they would rather go to or something. Cheer up. No rejections yet!:whistle:

Well, if it's similar to last year... they'll send out more invites if people decline, and we'll probably start getting rejection emails next week.

I think people have until Tuesday evening to accept their offer, so next week sounds about right.

Checked my email thanks to the ones saying they had received an interview invite. And I see an interview invite in there! I'm so excited! I am OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
What status page? I applied there but I didn't get any info about a status page.

Is it mostly oos candidates or have any is candidates heard yet? I'm is, no email or update yet, yikes. But congrats to those of you who have heard!

Yeah I wouldn't depend on the status page for anything, if it's anything like last year. I think mine said under review pretty much the whole time, even after I'd been accepted. And then it changed to a rejected status before finally changing to allow me to accept or decline and pay the deposit. You'll hear from them directly first most likely.

Congrats to all who got interviews! What are everyone's check in times? Are the interviews spaced out throughout the day?

I'm IS and got an invite-19 Jan 8AM.

Also, "As interviews involve many other people, applicants MUST attend on the date and time specified. We cannot consider changes to your interview date/time."... at least they gave us a month's notice, though.

so are basing this off last years thread that there is only one wave of invites? and that a second wave is only sent out based on people who decline the interview?

Hey guys!! So happy to say that I got my interview invite today too around 3:15!! Congrats to those who got emails today!! But it sounds like there will be more to come! :thumbup::xf::thumbup::xf: fingers crossed for everyone!! It sounds like this will be a fun interview process! It's like a game! I hope to see some of you there!

Is it mostly oos candidates or have any is candidates heard yet? I'm is, no email or update yet, yikes. But congrats to those of you who have heard!

I'm IS and got my at 3:00 today. January 19th at 3!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm IS too! Jan 18th at 3!

Honestly, the stats you listed are very good (better than mine)! I really wouldn't worry about calling them at this point. Like others have said, they have likely gone through most of the applications already. If I were in your situation and was offered an interview, I would use that time to explain the situation. I know some other schools will ask you during the interview if there's anything else you'd like to bring to the committee's attention or if you have any questions. That would probably be the best time to bring it up.
Thanks to those who replied, I ended up not sending the grades and got an interview anyway so I will explain then like you suggested..... Good luck to everyone!

I've decided to pass my interview on to someone else. Maybe someone here will get it? :)

Reactions: 3 users
thank you anesthetc, thought I did see your name on the acceptance list you got accepted at another school correct?

thank you anesthetc, thought I did see your name on the acceptance list you got accepted at another school correct?
Two actually, plus some interviews. There's just no point in me taking every interview I get. I'd feel guilty denying someone the opportunity to interview somewhere where they really want to go.

Reactions: 3 users
well congratulations and i hope you got your top pick!:D

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send out rejections or do we assume if we don't get an email, it's an automatic rejection?

Last year they sent out rejection emails. Most interview invites went out on a Friday, and most rejections the following Monday :(

Thanks to those who replied, I ended up not sending the grades and got an interview anyway so I will explain then like you suggested..... Good luck to everyone!

No need to even explain anything at this point about your grades or GPA. You made it past the stats line once you got an interview. VMRCVM wipes the slate clean at this point for everyone and bases acceptance decisions solely on how well you do in the MMI.

Congrats!!

Last year they sent out rejection emails. Most interview invites went out on a Friday, and most rejections the following Monday :(

After reading this, funeral music popped into my head. Haha. Oh well, can't get interviewed everywhere I suppose!

Are you still considered if you decline the interview?

Got an interview for Saturday the 18th! But my friend wants to know if dual degree applicants get interview invites the same time as DVM applicants? Anyone have any idea?

I applied dual degree, and got offered a regular interview, but it didn't mention the dual degree... I'm not sure what that means?

Hrrm weird...maybe they make dual degree considerations after the interviews??

From reading the forums last year, the interview notices for the dual degree go out separately, last year it was the Monday following the DVM interview notices. I applied for the dual degree as well

Yep. I got a DVM interview (and admission offer), never heard a peep about dual degree so apparently those people didn't like me. Seems they don't contact you unless they want you.

Anyone here have their interview scheduled on the 18th at 1:30pm? Also, does anyone know about how long the interview takes? Is it just mini interviews and that's it? I'm trying to plan my flights at the moment.

Anyone here have their interview scheduled on the 18th at 1:30pm? Also, does anyone know about how long the interview takes? Is it just mini interviews and that's it? I'm trying to plan my flights at the moment.
It takes a couple of hours or so if I remember correctly. You have to check in and wait for everyone to arrive. They make you check in well before your actually scheduled time. Then there is transport to the location of the interviews-not far, but not in the vet school. You take a bus. Then there is a short Q and A session-where you learn about the MMI and get to ask questions. Then the interviews. Then a tour of the campus. So overall, I would get here the night before and I wouldn't plan on leaving until after 4 or 5 pm. The weather here is notoriously crappy for interview weekends, last year the university shut down because there was so much snow-but the interviews continued. Also for those of you flying in-the airport is an hour away and delays/cancels flights often due to inclement weather often. I really suggest flying in the day before your interview.

Are we supposed to get another e-mail after we confirm our interview?

Does anyone know if all of the interview invites are our?

It takes a couple of hours or so if I remember correctly. You have to check in and wait for everyone to arrive. They make you check in well before your actually scheduled time. Then there is transport to the location of the interviews-not far, but not in the vet school. You take a bus. Then there is a short Q and A session-where you learn about the MMI and get to ask questions. Then the interviews. Then a tour of the campus. So overall, I would get here the night before and I wouldn't plan on leaving until after 4 or 5 pm. The weather here is notoriously crappy for interview weekends, last year the university shut down because there was so much snow-but the interviews continued. Also for those of you flying in-the airport is an hour away and delays/cancels flights often due to inclement weather often. I really suggest flying in the day before your interview.

Thank you for your response. I am coming in to the US from Germany, going to Midwestern University's interview on the 16th, then going to VMRCVM interview on the 18th. Germany hasn't had snow yet really... Not sure how Germany or the US will be in mid-January though.

We are supposed to within 48 business hours. I accepted my interview when I received the invite email but haven't received anything else. I imagine we will on Monday or Tuesday.

The email says that after they have received your acceptance of the interview, within 48 business hours, they will send you more info. :)

Edit: Oops. Didn't realize that ntorres already responded to that question. Sorry. >_<

Last edited:
I got an interview for the 19th. I went to tech for my undergrad so if anyone has questions about blacksburg do not hesitate to ask me. One thing that I will go a head and inform you of is ample access to public transportation. Pretty much any hotel you stay at, the blacksburg transit (bus) comes right by it. congratulations to everyone who received an interview and good luck to those of you awaiting that glorious invite email.

Nothing and I am losing my mind! I just want to know!!