VMRCVM c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate for interview! Hope I get to go, I think this program and location both sound really great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also an alternate....this is my top choice school and my second time applying, so I'm a little upset that it wasn't an actual invite yet :/

Alternate as well. Anyone have an idea of how many people have made it off the waitlist in the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate here, too! I'm hoping the fact that they said the waiting list "changes quickly" means that a good number of people on the list get interviews :/

I'm an OOS alternate too

Last edited:
Wow, so many alternates! I'm glad none of us are alone in this new waiting game haha

Reactions: 2 users
I hope people that were offered interviews seriously consider their other offers/interviews they already have if this isn't their top choice school. I couldn't figure out how many alternates were contacted with interviews based on last year's thread :/

Well... I got my rejection from Missouri this morning, was bummed out, decided to take a nap, woke up, checked my email, and...

I GOT AN INTERVIEW TO VMRCVM!!! I'm seriously shaking with excitement. OMG. :soexcited:
(Interview is Saturday 1/17!)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate here too. But an alternate isn't a rejection so I'll take it :)

I am an alternate as well. I wish I knew how many people are put on the wait list.

Alternate here as well. Super hopeful but simultaneously super discouraged.

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate as well!!

Just received an interview for 01/18 as well!!!! :D:joyful::happy:

They had a ton of applicants! So I think you can still me excited!!

I am an alternate as well. I wish I knew how many people are put on the wait list.

From my understanding, the email I received said that there were about 1,300 applicants. Looking at stats from the c/o 2017 (couldn't find c/o 2018), there were 1,226 applicants with 267 interview invites, so... :shrug:

Well... I got my rejection from Missouri this morning, was bummed out, decided to take a nap, woke up, checked my email, and...

I GOT AN INTERVIEW TO VMRCVM!!! I'm seriously shaking with excitement. OMG. :soexcited:
(Interview is Saturday 1/17!)

Similar thing happened to me! Checked my email this afternoon and read the rejection from Missouri:(...then literally a minute later, I get the interview invite email from VMRCVM. 1/17 as well:) see you there!!!

Alternate interview. I have never heard of interview wait lists... what on earth?

Same thing here! Rejection from Missouri :dead: I was so sad, kept on working. Checked my email and saw the interview invite but mine is for 01/18! OMG so excited!!!!!!!1 :soexcited:

Also an alternate...little hope here seeing how many of us there are on the list lol.

Wish they would tell us our number on the waitlist!!!

I am also an OOS interview alternate. I am quite surprised at how many alternates there are. Anyways, congrats to everyone who got an interview invite!

alternate here as well. I, however, am VERY surprised I didn't get straight out rejected from VMRCVM. This is a very competitive and great school so I am super pumped and proud of myself for making it this far :)

I am an alternate too. Wow a lot but we will see. I do also wanna know how many alternates there are.

Another OOS alternate here. Trying not to give myself any false hope, but oh well. I guess it's still better than getting a rejection email right away.

OOS alternate too :/

I am on the alternate list as well but I am in state. Any other people in state on the list? Is it a separate list for in state vs out of state?

I am on the alternate list as well but I am in state. Any other people in state on the list? Is it a separate list for in state vs out of state?
I am pretty sure the answer to that is yes, but am not positive (simply bc there are a designated number of spots for IS vs. OOS)

From my understanding, the email I received said that there were about 1,300 applicants. Looking at stats from the c/o 2017 (couldn't find c/o 2018), there were 1,226 applicants with 267 interview invites, so... :shrug:
1,300 applicants?! That's insane!

Something tells me that instead of flat out rejecting everyone who wasnt invited to interview, they simply created an alternate interview list.

Something tells me that instead of flat out rejecting everyone who wasnt invited to interview, they simply created an alternate interview list.

you don't think anyone has been flat out rejected yet??

you don't think anyone has been flat out rejected yet??
No, I don't think so. My guess is they're waiting until they have their interview list confirmed, then they'll send out a wave of rejections just before the interview weekend. So for now we're all on the interview alternate list, and clearly that list is huge. But I guess someone's got to be at the very top, so there's still hope...

just got an interview for 01/17 ! Any suggestion on how to prep for MMI?

Does anyone know how many students are selected after the interview process?

They have sent out some rejections because dirtanddog got one on Tuesday, per his comment towards the bottom of page 1.

Nah I am on wait list for interview. I got rejected last year.

Rejection from Missouri BUT interview for VMRCVM for Jan 17th!!! Literally shed a tear or two lol this MMI deal is freaking me out though :/ any more in depth descriptions on how it works? Is it live scenarios in which you have to do stuff or just verbal scenarios that you discuss things?