Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait listed/ post interview hold at 2 schools right now. Good luck to everyone and hopefully our number comes up on our wait lists.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait listed/ post interview hold at 2 schools right now. Good luck to everyone and hopefully our number comes up on our wait lists.
we're all in it together bro (except the guys who already have acceptances)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sad :(
Are update letters/letters of interest useless?

I am sad :(
Are update letters/letters of interest useless?

In my POV, might as well do it and give it all you got so that you're not left wondering "what if?". That being said, I don't think they really help, since I wrote LOI/updates to schools a few months ago and have still been silent so... *shrug*

Reactions: 1 user
On 4 waitlists right now, no acceptances. Hopefully one will pan out!

Reactions: 3 users
Terrible. The only word that I can describe how I feel.

Not even going to attend Christmas family events this year. I don't want them asking me questions about medical school.

Reactions: 2 users

Not even going to attend Christmas family events this year. I don't want them asking me questions about medical school.

When you feel terrible, being alone is probably the worst thing to do. People mean well and most likely feel you're a shoe in for a spot.

Just tell them that the cycle is long and brutal. You're in a holding pattern right now, but almost anything could happen. That it's about waiting and seeing and marching forward. But no news now. And that's probably true.

If all of your applications are at a definitive point, tell them that there are more worthy candidates than there are spots and you may try again... again probably true.

Don't let this process make you feel less than you are. Some people just don't get in the first year. It doesn't mean they wouldn't make fabulous doctors.

Reactions: 5 users
When you feel terrible, being alone is probably the worst thing to do. People mean well and most likely feel you're a shoe in for a spot.

Just tell them that the cycle is long and brutal. You're in a holding pattern right now, but almost anything could happen. That it's about waiting and seeing and marching forward. But no news now. And that's probably true.

If all of your applications are at a definitive point, tell them that there are more worthy candidates than there are spots and you may try again... again probably true.

Don't let this process make you feel less than you are. Some people just don't get in the first year. It doesn't mean they wouldn't make fabulous doctors.
Thank you, you're right. It's just hard.

Just found out the waitlist movement for my school is at maximum 20/120. Sigh. **** me.

Fell in love with a school during interview day-- great location, close to home, great weather, chill atmosphere. Then I got waitlisted :-( may the force be with us!

This isn't related to med school, but I have a cousin who has some chronic health problems, and over the last few months she's gone almost completely blind. A few days ago she sent out a polite email asking everyone to please not bring it up during the holiday parties, because it wasn't something she wanted to talk about. I'm sure it took a lot of courage to send that email, but you could do the same thing! Just say like, "I'm still in the process of waiting to hear back from schools. It's very stressful, and I would appreciate it if I had the chance to enjoy the holidays without having to think about medical schools".

Waitlisted at UCF and FIU. Really liked UCF, thought everything went well; imagine my surprise when I was in the bottom third of the WL! AKA the "you have no chance" section. Lol. No idea how FIU does their WL. Still no interview from my own undergrad, which is my top choice. There are ~2-ish months of interview season left, so nothing to do but to keep our heads up. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumping this for support!! Belieeeeeeeve

The waitlist I got was basically a rejection for the school so :\ but BELIEEEVE GUYS

Waitlisted at 3/3 of my interviewed schools in Texas. I am so grateful to even have had interviews with my low MCAT, as I'm 95% sure most schools screened me out because of it. Planning on retaking it this summer while I look for a research assistant position. Here's to hoping some of us get that magical news between now and...1st day of classes!

Also waitlisted at my dream school! I cannot even express how crappy I feel. I thought having to answer "no news yet" several times a day to different people was the worst. Boy was I wrong, turns out having to say "I got waitlisted at my top choice" is even worse!

Let's commiserate together!!! I hope we all get into our waitlisted schools!!!
+1, hoping these waitlists have some movement for all of us!

Waitlisted at UCF and FIU. Really liked UCF, thought everything went well; imagine my surprise when I was in the bottom third of the WL! AKA the "you have no chance" section. Lol. No idea how FIU does their WL. Still no interview from my own undergrad, which is my top choice. There are ~2-ish months of interview season left, so nothing to do but to keep our heads up. :)

That happened to me to! However, they were pretty transparent about how the interview is weighted. Your interviewer provides writeups of what you said, some people on admissions have the responsibility of taking all your applicant info and summarizing it. I don't think the interview means much, since something could get lost in translation between the interviewer supplying the adcoms with notes and the adcom voting on your application.

Joining the group today!! Waitlisted today..no acceptances..awesome.

How do you determine each schools reliance on their respective waitlists? Have had 5 interviews waiting to hear back from two and waitlisted at 3 :/

Also waitlisted at my dream school! I cannot even express how crappy I feel. I thought having to answer "no news yet" several times a day to different people was the worst. Boy was I wrong, turns out having to say "I got waitlisted at my top choice" is even worse!

Let's commiserate together!!! I hope we all get into our waitlisted schools!!!

+1. Worst feeling. Everyone was really excited when I got my last 2 interviews, as one of them was to my own first choice. I heard back from both of them last Tuesday and Wednesday, a day after the other. Waitlisted at both. I told everyone, Guys, if I don't call, I was waitlisted. Just assume that and please don't bother calling. The worst feeling was when people still kept calling to ask how it went, and having to tell everyone, waitlisted at both. Guys, I just want to watch Jessica Jones, leave me alone! :p

Ugh. I wish my school had waitlist movement throughout the cycle, rather than waiting until the very end to re-consider waitlisted applicants.

Joining this thread. 4 Texas waitlists out of 4 Texas interviews. Hopefully I'll get a spot at one of them.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have tips on what to do in terms of dress for a waitlisted applicant going to a second look? I also don't really know what to do there...as a waitlisted applicant, but I feel like if I don't go it'll look bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

joining the waitlist group. hoping we all land a spot!

Anyone have tips on what to do in terms of dress for a waitlisted applicant going to a second look? I also don't really know what to do there...as a waitlisted applicant, but I feel like if I don't go it'll look bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Feel the same if I don't go. But would it be worth it coughing up a ton of money to attend?

i needed this thread! waitlisted at my top two schools. Cant explain how disappointed I felt in myself after getting waitlisted smh. Like I had two great opportunities and wasted them. really thought I had great interviews but then that was just in my head lol.

How do you determine each schools reliance on their respective waitlists? Have had 5 interviews waiting to hear back from two and waitlisted at 3 :/

Check the MSAR, you should find more info under the "Acceptance Information" tab.

YES so glad this thread exists. 10 interviews attended, 7 of them have been waitlists so far. I do have 1 acceptance so I don't want to sound ungrateful for that but I like to plan everything way in advance and it is driving me bananas that I don't know what state I'll be living in by August (and with my luck, won't know for months...)!

YES so glad this thread exists. 10 interviews attended, 7 of them have been waitlists so far. I do have 1 acceptance so I don't want to sound ungrateful for that but I like to plan everything way in advance and it is driving me bananas that I don't know what state I'll be living in by August (and with my luck, won't know for months...)!
Yes I'm on 4 waitlists in Texas, just got rejected from my state school (which also was my alma mater) yesterday, and even though I do have one acceptance, my husband and I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather move to Texas than to Boston. Now we have to pack up our things and sell the house, but wait until the last possible minute to move. Very stressful :(

//walks into the thread late with Starbucks B)

3 waitlists (bummed since I thought I did really well in one of them...) and 0 acceptances but fingers crossed that we'll hear good news in the spring!!

I am waitlisted at my top choice school.

Get me out of here! 4 waitlists now (2 top choices) and 1 acceptance.

Anyone mind PMing me the MSAR waitlist info for Cornell :/

Do people get randomly rejected from waitlists?

Do people get randomly rejected from waitlists?
My understanding is that you're in the limbo until classes start, at which point you know you're rejected. But I could be totally wrong on that.

Waitlisted today- one out of two schools I had an II to. Other school I'm guessing will be waitlist too.

3 MD waitlists, waiting for 2 more decisions, of which I'm not confident in at all. My best interview performance ended in a waitlist, which is pretty soul crushing. Not holding acceptances anywhere, including DO schools. I know this sounds bad but DO was my backup, and I got waitlisted at both places I applied.

I don't even know what to start doing. Is it wishful thinking to keep waiting and hoping for something to open up? Or should I just count myself out for this cycle and apply to other grad programs? I'm so lost.

Waitlisted today- one out of two schools I had an II to. Other school I'm guessing will be waitlist too.
This is what I am thinking for me too.

On 2 waitlists. One interview this week. I can't wait until May.

4 interviews --> 3 WLs, maybe 4 (VCU only makes a waitlist after all initial acceptances go out).

Bummed bummed bummed.

Found this thread: yay.
Got both a rejection and a waitlist today: not so yay.

I got another rejection today

I'm in the same boat as most of you. 3 interviews, 3 waitlists. Super bummed but it's still not over. Keep pushing guys. The last thing you want is to think maybe I would have gotten off the waitlist if I sent that update or joined that volunteer organization

Guess I'll join you all, here goes...

5/5 II completed, currently on two WLs (including my alma mater where 10% of the class is alumni.... wtf guys show me some love) and awaiting news from the other three. One of these has been silent for 5 months....... GAH! The other two were mid-march interviews so likely interviewing for the waitlist only anyways...... FML.

Staying positive, just hate having to wait another couple months to have any sort of idea where I might be next fall (if anywhere).

Good luck to you all!

Guess I'll join you all, here goes...

5/5 II completed, currently on two WLs (including my alma mater where 10% of the class is alumni.... wtf guys show me some love) and awaiting news from the other three. One of these has been silent for 5 months....... GAH! The other two were mid-march interviews so likely interviewing for the waitlist only anyways...... FML.

Staying positive, just hate having to wait another couple months to have any sort of idea where I might be next fall (if anywhere).

Good luck to you all!
Thanks! I am trying to be optimistic but, it isn't working today...

Joining because I just got my second waitlist. Zero acceptances. I have two interviews scheduled for April. Get this, they are on the same day in two different cities. No, I didn't double book myself. The second II didn't give me an option of days and I'm so unlucky that I got scheduled for the same day as another interview! It has been incredibly frustrating since neither school has been willing to reschedule.... Yet. With zero acceptances, I can't believe I might have to not attend an interview I was inviting to. Pretty discouraged but just that much more motivated to do well on my one hopefully two interviews left.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Joining because I just got my second waitlist. Zero acceptances. I have two interviews scheduled for April. Get this, they are on the same day in two different cities. No, I didn't double book myself. The second II didn't give me an option of days and I'm so unlucky that I got scheduled for the same day as another interview! It has been incredibly frustrating since neither school has been willing to reschedule.... Yet. With zero acceptances, I can't believe I might have to not attend an interview I was inviting to. Pretty discouraged but just that much more motivated to do well on my one hopefully two interviews left.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I hope one of the schools allows you to have a different date. Maybe someone will cancel and leave an opening.

1 more for the waitlist train. choo choo!

There's still hope for waitlisters! I got into a school I was waitlisted at :)
I hope you all will be getting lucky soon too.

Reactions: 12 users