WesternU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crichard

Reaction score
Starting a thread!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First time IS! I just wanted to make sure-is there a supplemental fee or essay we have to complete? I do not see any information in the applicant portal. Thanks in advance!

first time IS! One problem I have is that they say I'm missing an English composition credit and my application can't be reviewed. I'm really upset by this because I took classes with specific writing credits that I think should count, but they aren't in the English department or the one class listed in their prereqs directory. I just graduated and it doesn't make sense to go back just to take one english class in order to apply for vet school! I emailed my admissions counselor if there is any way my application can still be reviewed but she hasn't responded, and I already emailed again cause it had been a while. Am I hopeless?

Reactions: 1 user
first time IS! One problem I have is that they say I'm missing an English composition credit and my application can't be reviewed. I'm really upset by this because I took classes with specific writing credits that I think should count, but they aren't in the English department or the one class listed in their prereqs directory. I just graduated and it doesn't make sense to go back just to take one english class in order to apply for vet school! I emailed my admissions counselor if there is any way my application can still be reviewed but she hasn't responded, and I already emailed again cause it had been a while. Am I hopeless?
WOW! I am really sorry you are experiencing that. Now I have a similar fear. Did you get an email regarding this "missing" English composition credit? You have a bachelor's so I am actually surprised they wouldn't consider it complete.

WOW! I am really sorry you are experiencing that. Now I have a similar fear. Did you get an email regarding this "missing" English composition credit? You have a bachelor's so I am actually surprised they wouldn't consider it complete.
Yea, I got an email about it and it's listed as missing in the portal. Yea I have a bachelor's from a liberal arts college, so I'm really surprised by it :(

Do you have a syllabus that shows the class you took meets the same requirements as an English composition class? You may be able to submit that and see if they will accept the class you took.

Do you have a syllabus that shows the class you took meets the same requirements as an English composition class? You may be able to submit that and see if they will accept the class you took.
I ended up doing this and they accepted one! sigh of relief

Reactions: 2 users
oos applicant- can someone explain to me the purpose of their course retake form?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in a similar situation bc they won’t take my ESL English classes. They told me I could submit syllabus for higher classes where I had to write essays so I did that today. Maybe reach out and ask them if there’s anything you can do??

I cant seem to get in contact with the school. I sent an email and left voicemails. Any recommendations?

I cant seem to get in contact with the school. I sent an email and left voicemails. Any recommendations?
Same thing happened to me. They ended up replying to my email the next day or something like that. Maybe try sending another email, when I did I got a message saying they usually take 24-48hrs to reply.

Based on previous years, we could start hearing something in the next two weeks! Ahhhhhh so nervous!!!

Same thing happened to me. They ended up replying to my email the next day or something like that. Maybe try sending another email, when I did I got a message saying they usually take 24-48hrs to reply.
Can you share the email you reached out to? Still struggling

No nervous, but excited to hear any news at this point.

For the course retake form: If we withdrew from a class and later retook it, should we enter the original course grade as an "F," or should we not include this course on the course retake form at all?

For the course retake form: If we withdrew from a class and later retook it, should we enter the original course grade as an "F," or should we not include this course on the course retake form at all?
They told me not to add it, only classes that you received a grade for.

Does anyone know the last day you can update your VMCAS app on the VMCAS website? I thought it was the 16th but I can't seem to log into my account right now

Has anyone heard anything? I know this time past year was when interview invites were released

Has anyone heard anything? I know this time past year was when interview invites were released
Haven’t heard anything in regards to interviews but my portal updated reflecting that I have a course in progress currently so maybe we hear something soon

I got an email today just saying that my application was still with the admissions committee (so they haven’t gotten to me yet!). I assume this was just a nice way to say “hey we have a lot of applications, don’t worry that you didn’t hear anything”

I got that same email a few weeks ago! Seems like they may have had more than usual or something

I got an email today just saying that my application was still with the admissions committee (so they haven’t gotten to me yet!). I assume this was just a nice way to say “hey we have a lot of applications, don’t worry that you didn’t hear anything”
I received this email Oct 6. I hope we hear something soon!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!! I am so unbelievably excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
got an interview invite by email!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those who got interviews! I wish you all the best of luck! While I am a busy first year and don't have time for questions. I will monitor this thread closely and hopefully can be available for questions in the future! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone share with me what their portal page looks like? Mine just has a list of all my items with green check marks next to them, but it doesn't state any status. I received an email on 10/5, congratulating me on my application moving on for admissions review, but my portal looks the same. Is that the same for everyone else?

Can someone share with me what their portal page looks like? Mine just has a list of all my items with green check marks next to them, but it doesn't state any status. I received an email on 10/5, congratulating me on my application moving on for admissions review, but my portal looks the same. Is that the same for everyone else?
Mine looked like that until I got an interview invite which was at the top of the page

I never got an email that said they are reviewing my application. Should I be worried?