WesternU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This year I received the invitation 11/17, last year I didn’t receive an invite until late January. So there’s still plenty of time that they’ll probably be sending out invites :)
Thank you for this!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so nervous about not getting an interview. I love the idea of PBL and want at the very least to get an interview and visit the campus before just being rejected! I keep reading the website and falling more and more in love with the school ugh! Fingers crossed to those who haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone have any idea if we should stop hoping at this point?
It's not over till it's over! I'm still waiting as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Western use Zoom for their online interviews or is it a different program?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a denial email. This is so disheartening since I didn't even get to interview with them this year and I was waitlisted last year :(

• Care
I just got a denial email. This is so disheartening since I didn't even get to interview with them this year and I was waitlisted last year :(
That happened my niece. Just keep your head up and try again.

Reactions: 1 user
That happened my niece. Just keep your head up and try again.
So sorry 😞 never fun to get this news. Last year I was devastated. Praying this year I get an interview 🙏 wishing you the best

My niece just got her email it was a denial again.😪 Praying I get an interview 🙏 . Feeling sick to my stomach. This waiting is brutal 😫

Has anyone recieved any emails recently? I'm still waiting ✋️ 😕 😪 🙃

I just received an interview invitation!! OOS, 2nd time applying, first time applying to WesternU

IS applicant, just got the notification to schedule an interview!!

Nervous, but very excited as this is the first school to give me relatively good news :) for those who’ve interviewed already, what kind of questions did they ask and do you have any tips going in?

And for others who are still waiting, don’t give up hope during this cycle, continue to grow in this field and don’t lose sight of our common end goal ❤️

IS applicant, just got the notification to schedule an interview!!

Nervous, but very excited as this is the first school to give me relatively good news :) for those who’ve interviewed already, what kind of questions did they ask and do you have any tips going in?

And for others who are still waiting, don’t give up hope during this cycle, continue to grow in this field and don’t lose sight of our common end goal ❤️
They were all behavioral "tell me about a time when" questions. They seemed to want you to go really in detail with your examples :)

They were all behavioral "tell me about a time when" questions. They seemed to want you to go really in detail with your examples :)
Thanks for the insight!! I’m so nervous to make a good impression 🥺

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same experience! Definitely make sure you have your own questions prepared because I had some time left over to ask mine!

Got the invite to interview today! IS applicant, 2nd time applying, waitlisted last year but did not make the final cut. Good luck to everyone!

Hi all, for those who interviewed so far did you leave Zoom as soon as the last session ended? I finished my second breakout room session and went back to the main room where they said that was it for the day and to expect to hear back later next year, but it seemed like such an abrupt ending to me. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything afterward!

Hi all, for those who interviewed so far did you leave Zoom as soon as the last session ended? I finished my second breakout room session and went back to the main room where they said that was it for the day and to expect to hear back later next year, but it seemed like such an abrupt ending to me. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything afterward!
That was it. Everyone had to leave then

Yeah I was a little thrown off! The previous interview I had with them, a couple years back, after the second breakout room session we went back to the main room and were able to chat with the moderator and the other interviewees.

Did anyone get an invite for their Master or PhD program ?

Yeah I was a little thrown off! The previous interview I had with them, a couple years back, after the second breakout room session we went back to the main room and were able to chat with the moderator and the other interviewees.
I interviewed with WesternU the last 2 years, and it's a pretty short ending. Sounds like they had a slightly longer ending to their interview process a couple years ago!

no news is good news guys! I’m sorry I can’t give you all better news. I’m pretty sure the office is closed for break.

Please dm me if you have any questions about the school, program, etc. :)

I haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?
If I remember correctly, they usually continue to extend interviews into January (though last year, they did stop sending interviews earlier than expected). If you've interviewed already, you won't hear anything else until I think April (?) when they release all decisions.

If I remember correctly, they usually continue to extend interviews into January (though last year, they did stop sending interviews earlier than expected). If you've interviewed already, you won't hear anything else until I think April (?) when they release all decisions.
Thank you. I haven't recieved any email for interview or decline. I will continue to project positive thoughts for interview! Happy Holidays everyone.

• Love
no news is good news guys! I’m sorry I can’t give you all better news. I’m pretty sure the office is closed for break.

Please dm me if you have any questions about the school, program, etc. :)
That's what I am praying for, no News is Good News! Just want that interview :*) Happy Holidays.

I checked last year's thread and it looks like decisions were sent out around March 8th!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an interview invite finally!! 🥳🥳

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know when they start rolling out acceptances?
I was told March for acceptance. They are still doing interviews and rejections restarting Jan 8th. I am STILL waiting for my email to hopefully interview 🙏🤞

I had it last year. It was very informal. The committee were very friendly. I would highly recommend you practice answering the questions that were provided on sdn.
So basically you’ll have 2 rounds in different breakout room on Zoom. Each with 2 committees, each will ask you one question but if you finish early, they’ll ask one more to get to know you or you can ask them questions. I think each round was 10-15min
I had it last year. It was very informal. The committee were very friendly. I would highly recommend you practice answering the questions that were provided on sdn.
So basically you’ll have 2 rounds in different breakout room on Zoom. Each with 2 committees, each will ask you one question but if you finish early, they’ll ask one more to get to know you or you can ask them questions. I think each round was 10-15min

Thank you for this insight. Is there any way you could drop the link to those practice questions you were referring to? Thank you!!

Thank you everyone for your insight regarding the interview process!!

How would you all describe the Q & A session? Did the students seem friendly and about how long was the Q & A Session after the interview? Has anyone actually been on campus recently, I hear it is beautiful.

I still haven’t heard anything! Trying to stay positive but it’s so nerve racking. 😬

I have an upcoming interview and wanted to know more about the interview. On SDN, some of the interview questions are very tough “tell me your riskiest decision…etc”, I know it mentioned that it’s a closed file review, how did everyone try and answer these questions? Did you try and tie in your vet experiences? Thanks!

I have an upcoming interview and wanted to know more about the interview. On SDN, some of the interview questions are very tough “tell me your riskiest decision…etc”, I know it mentioned that it’s a closed file review, how did everyone try and answer these questions? Did you try and tie in your vet experiences? Thanks!
Do you have the link to those questions? I can't find the post on interview prep.

How was everyone’s interview? Any tips on how to prepare? Getting super anxious !

How was everyone’s interview? Any tips on how to prepare? Getting super anxious !
My interview is coming up on Thursday. In terms of prep I’ve used some of the practice ?s online. I did a practice round with one of my close friends who is in a SVM and listened to feedback on what I should expand upon which really helped alleviate much of the stress I felt prior. I think we all worry so much about not giving the interviewers the ‘right’ answer, but in reality it’s another form of an expression of who we are as individuals and how we reflect upon our own experiences. Be confident in what’s YOU. Wishing you the best of luck and everyone else eager for this cycle to be done haha

This is what I’ve been using to practice with. Hopefully it helps :)

Attachments

• WesternU-Interview-Prep.pdf
    244.5 KB · Views: 65
For anyone interviewing soon I would highly recommend quizzing yourself on potential questions (the ones on the document above are similar to what I used to study!) and having some stories ready that you feel you can explain well and elaborate on if needed to answer the specific question they are asking. This is my second year interviewing and all the staff at western have been super sweet both times. They really just wanna get to know you and make sure you're a good fit for the program. There is usually time after to questions to talk with the staff so definitely have a question or two ready that you'd like to ask as well, in my experience, they give really informative and honest answers. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you everyone for your insight regarding the interview process!!

How would you all describe the Q & A session? Did the students seem friendly and about how long was the Q & A Session after the interview? Has anyone actually been on campus recently, I hear it is beautiful.
The Q&A's are super laid back and a really cool opportunity to ask anything you want. The students are really friendly and there are no faculty members in the meeting, just students. It's just a zoom call where people raise their hands or write questions in the chat, it is optional to have your screen on and you don't have to ask a question if you just wanna listen. They are scheduled for 1hr but the last one I did ran over that (but participants are welcomed o come and go as needed). I would say it is a really great opportunity to learn about the student experience at western especially if you are considering western vs a different school. I have been to campus once at the preview day last year, it is a pretty and small campus (this will be a shock if you went to a big university for undergrad).

These are the interview questions that I compiled from sdn threads. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Western interview prep (1).pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 45
Anybody get any emails? Still waiting here 🙄

• Care