What is Walgreen's "Power"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reduced errors??? ... I personally think this was an extremely bad decision for WAG and see it decreasing business not increasing.

I had no idea you thought that way :D Tell you what - I will concede that I did my own study at a store that was as close to a "well oiled machine" as you could find. The techs and pharmacists knew what they were doing. The process of working with the central fill to fix errors was well known.

I would like to see the numbers of the increased errors. I find that people are willing to say just about anything to support their own viewpoint. It would be a good idea to conduct your own QA at your current location. Get those numbers, and report them back to both WAGS and this board.

Members don't see this ad.

for those already in full swing power in florida, are there any of you currently working in the central fill facility or as a "work at home pharmacist"? i am in az and they are taking applications for those who want to go to work at thome and i'm wondering if anyone has some insight bout that position.

also, it seems that those who are hurt the most are those at a 300+ per day store, wat about those in 200 and under, do u see the same effect cuz really losing one tech outta the two we have and all the refills we gotta do can actually be helpful "IN THEORYYYYYYYYYY" so wat i'm looking for is really some insight on this.

i just got staffed at a slow store in AZ bout 180/day and have an offer to go to work at thome position, so i'm still torn whether to stay in my "slow" store which will definitely go to 9-9 sooner or later or try to go to work at home.

any help or insight is apppreciated? and yes this is my first post :)

for those already in full swing power in florida, are there any of you currently working in the central fill facility or as a "work at home pharmacist"? i am in az and they are taking applications for those who want to go to work at thome and i'm wondering if anyone has some insight bout that position.

also, it seems that those who are hurt the most are those at a 300+ per day store, wat about those in 200 and under, do u see the same effect cuz really losing one tech outta the two we have and all the refills we gotta do can actually be helpful "IN THEORYYYYYYYYYY" so wat i'm looking for is really some insight on this.

i just got staffed at a slow store in AZ bout 180/day and have an offer to go to work at thome position, so i'm still torn whether to stay in my "slow" store which will definitely go to 9-9 sooner or later or try to go to work at home.

Interesting... could you elaborate more on the "work from home" pharmacist position? Is it just remote verification for 8 hours? Or do they throw in doctor calls? What is the pay difference compared to in-store retail? Do you have to meet certain quotas? I heard a rumor once that they would be paid by how many rx's they do, not the length of time worked. What kind of shifts does a work at home rph do?

Members don't see this ad :)

If it hasn't already happened, your board of pharmacy will change its laws to remove the requirement of a pharmacist being physically present at a pharmacy.

When this happens, kiss your job goodbye. They'll be getting their scripts checked overseas by pharmacists in India.

No way in hell am I working for a chain when I finish school. I'd be worried about working in any retail setting that does not do a lot of compounding or that stresses volume over patient care. Good luck with POWER.

Interesting... could you elaborate more on the "work from home" pharmacist position? Is it just remote verification for 8 hours? Or do they throw in doctor calls? What is the pay difference compared to in-store retail? Do you have to meet certain quotas? I heard a rumor once that they would be paid by how many rx's they do, not the length of time worked. What kind of shifts does a work at home rph do?

My staff rph just accepted an at home position here in phx. She is excited about it. It pays last years wage before our raise last november, so only a couple dollars, nothing drastic. You will make that up just not driving to work probably. She will work full-time there, but I am not sure the shifts. I had heard from another colleague that they were a lot of mid-type shifts, 10-6, 11-7. Shifts to get us through the busiest part of the day. They don't have the infrastructure in yet to do POWER in AZ, so she will begin verifying scripts for Florida, here from AZ. I believe that when they get the call-center up and running, that is where you will get rph's that take dr calls. I will post more as I find out. I havn't asked her much about it yet.

When this happens, kiss your job goodbye. They'll be getting their scripts checked overseas by pharmacists in India.

Yeah - because there are no requirements like a Pharm D or national boards...

I agree with the chain part though - The bit about working in a pharmacy stressing volume over patient care is exactly what is wrong with the whole thing.

Regardless, is it fair to those students with >$50,000 in student loans to have to compete with aliens who have likely paid a fraction of that towards tuition in their native country?

There's something about an alien having the same job as a US citizen, and simultaneously having an advantage of less student loan debt, that doesn't seem appropriate.

Illinois does allow for remote verification. However, the law states the pharmacist must have an American pharmacist license. Therefore, pharmacists in India will not by allowed to do remote verification.

Regardless, is it fair to those students with >$50,000 in student loans to have to compete with aliens who have likely paid a fraction of that towards tuition in their native country?

There's something about an alien having the same job as a US citizen, and simultaneously having an advantage of less student loan debt, that doesn't seem appropriate.

:thumbup: !! put U.S students first. In a competitive market, I am fine with foreign students who graduated from US schools, not foreign grads.

I know someone who works from home. So far, she likes it. The shifts are not always midday--you have to sign on for at least one split shift per week (8am-12 and 6pm-10pm or someth. like that), and there are some evening shifts. They do time you at how fast you review, currently, the goal is 17 sec per script or lower. There are three types of review you can do, and dashboard manager, who oversees a bunch of work-at-home RPhs can switch you between them as the need arises: data review (that's basically F4), clinical (DUR), and patient-doctor. You can only see pt's profile in clinical review. You have an option to change the drug or send Rx back to the store. The pay is about 4 dollars less than in the store, their B-pay is not time and a half, but also some funky rate like $60/hr. I guess, it is a good position. I just don't know how stable it is. So far, only two states approved WAG's work-from-home plan: AZ and FL, but they are trying hard to bring it to other stores.

Illinois does allow for remote verification. However, the law states the pharmacist must have an American pharmacist license. Therefore, pharmacists in India will not by allowed to do remote verification.

LOL, there are RPh's in India with U.S. licenses, and now, since the new quota for H1B, remote reviewing from India might become a reality:eek:

They do time you at how fast you review, currently, the goal is 17 sec per script or lower.

There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in hour. At 17 seconds per prescription, they expect you to verify over 200 prescriptions per hour?

There are illegals who don't pick fruit that fast......

Pharmacists in India are taking away jobs from Indian h1b visa holders working as retail pharmacists in the USA. How ironic

Members don't see this ad :)

I agree with the chain part though - The bit about working in a pharmacy stressing volume over patient care is exactly what is wrong with the whole thing.

I don't think it takes much lobbying to get over some rules. We have had radiologists lose their jobs in this manner.

Boards of pharmacy can easily be corrupted and national organizations are probably easier targets. The biggest influence on pharmacy law going forward will be large corporations.

The APhA seems terribly ineffective on the major issues that truly affect where the profession is going. All the noise about unionizing is a symptom of this ineffectiveness.

Pharmacists in India are taking away jobs from Indian h1b visa holders working as retail pharmacists in the USA. How ironic

The shortage of pharmacists is clearly over - but will the H1b flow stop? I doubt it. Long after it's clear to everyone it will still continue. We don't have a shortage of software programmers, but Microsoft still abuses H1b to death even in the face of its recent layoffs.

Already, you cannot get an H1-B visa to work as a pharmacist in the state of Illinois because we do not have a shortage.

Already, you cannot get an H1-B visa to work as a pharmacist in the state of Illinois because we do not have a shortage.

It is about time! Finally some good news on this front.

How is that good news? There is NO SHORTAGE!

Seriously, are you slow or something? What happens after there is no shortage and the supply and demand are in relative equilibrium? After that there is over-saturation of pharmacists. The good news that I was referring to is that there is a shutoff valve for the stream of unnecessary pharmacist labor flowing into our country which could cause MAJOR over-saturation.

Seriously, are you slow or something? What happens after there is no shortage and the supply and demand are in relative equilibrium? After that there is over-saturation of pharmacists. The good news that I was referring to is that there is a shutoff valve for the stream of unnecessary pharmacist labor flowing into our country which could cause MAJOR over-saturation.

H1B restriction should apply to all states.

now we just need to find a bunch of angry pharmacists to get together and lobby for this to happen

The good news that I was referring to is that there is a shutoff valve for the stream of unnecessary pharmacist labor flowing into our country which could cause MAJOR over-saturation.

You missed the whole point. If there is no shortage, then there is equilibrium or there is already a saturation of pharmacists. That's better news than allowing some H-1 visas because there is a shortage? No wonder you are so afraid of them. You can't think.

The shortage of pharmacists is clearly over - but will the H1b flow stop? I doubt it. Long after it's clear to everyone it will still continue. We don't have a shortage of software programmers, but Microsoft still abuses H1b to death even in the face of its recent layoffs.

Hey BMB, how about you read the above post maybe it will help you "think" and consequently understand my comments in context. You definitely are a braintrust I see.

You missed the whole point. If there is no shortage, then there is equilibrium or there is already a saturation of pharmacists. That's better news than allowing some H-1 visas because there is a shortage? No wonder you are so afraid of them. You can't think.

I think you're missing his point actually

Exactly, nobody doubts that in THEORY the visas should stop, but to know in PRACTICE that this is the case is good news.

Exactly, nobody doubts that in THEORY the visas should stop, but to know in PRACTICE that this is the case is good news.

You are just fear mongering. California is probably the most diverse state and only 8% of the newly licensed pharmacists studied abroad. The number is probably much less if you are only counting the H-1 Visa but yet, you are ready to throw the "american dream" over board because you can't earn a few extra bucks. That's pathetic.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7974171#post7974171

The plight of all these foreign pharmacists that may be forced to earn a living in their own countries just tears me up inside, it really does. ::sniffle, sniffle:: I mean if they can't come over here and earn 6 figures doing the work Americans would be glad to compensate for, what has the world come to? We clearly do too much for our own Americans anyway as our economy shows. Unemployment under 20%? Paaalease. Hell let's make Americans earn the visas and allow free entry for the foreign workforce. That will teach those lazy Americans that want to work two jobs!

Last edited:
The funny thing is that the illegals that have been working in the US for years are now having so much trouble finding day labor are now going back to Mexico. Am I implying the same when it comes to H1b visa holders working as pharmacists? No. But when suddenly faced with a supply of capable candidates, I would hope that employers are going to pick the domestically educated candidate over the foreign grad when hiring if all else (incl. pay) were equal.

Soon enough things will work out as to where it is no longer in the best interest for those h1b visa holders to work here as pharmacists (at least), whether due to increased competition, stricter guidelines in getting one, etc

The plight of all these foreign pharmacists that may be forced to earn a living in their own countries just tears me up inside, it really does. ::sniffle, sniffle::

You should tell your parents or your grandparents or whoever decided to come to the U.S. for a chance of a better life. But now that you are here, you dont want others to have the same opportunity?

Come on, where does it stop then? There's a point at which it is time for the US to stop accepting applications for all this non-sense immigration. That point was at least 50 years ago. So I guess you disagree with restrictions being placed on citizenship? Why not have an open border with Mexico while we're at it. Or should your version of the "American dream" only apply to those poor soul immigrants that could only make the equivalent of 80k a year in their own country instead of over 100k a year here? I could see advocating bringing in immigrants to scrub toilets for minimum wage at Rite Aid or something most Americans sadly would rather go on welfare than do and then work their way up up the ladder of the company and become a pharmacist one day or something like that (think Tony Montana sans the gratuitous drugs and violence)... but to let them take the six figure jobs from Americans from the second they land here? Hell no. That is bulls--- and you know it.

Dey tooooook err joooooooooooooobs
Deeeeeeeeeeeeey teeeeeeeooooooookkkk errr jobbbbbbbbbbs!
DEEEEEEEEeeetuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurkkkaaarrrrr tuuuuuuuuuuurka!

Sounds like they don't want companies abusing the program in Illinois. Let's hope other states follow that example then.

For foreign pharmacists, do not worry. Just marry to anyone, and obtain a green card easily. I know the fact that there are many women willing to marry foreign pharmcists for better life. There may be no shortage of pharmacist jobs in America, but there are surplus of women over here. Take my words. Marry is your best move at this economical harassment.

Is POWER customer-friendly? That is the key. Right now all chain pharmacys aside from $4 and free antibiotics charge the same to most patients due to insurance. Why would a customer choose a POWER store (1 day wait for a refill unless asked for) when a Publix is across the street, Wal-Mart down the road, and a CVS caddy-corner. I don't know, is it customer-friendly?

Is POWER customer-friendly? That is the key. Right now all chain pharmacys aside from $4 and free antibiotics charge the same to most patients due to insurance. Why would a customer choose a POWER store (1 day wait for a refill unless asked for) when a Publix is across the street, Wal-Mart down the road, and a CVS caddy-corner. I don't know, is it customer-friendly?

No - and yes. When a pt calls about a script - then comes into the store. The person she talked to when she called your store doesn't actually reside in the store (the phone numbers are routed to central processing as well). So whatever issue she discussed to him, if it isnt noted in the script or profile - we have no way of knowing what transpired.

This is an absolute headache for some pt issues. Now, some of the most time consuming pt issues - like insurance - are completed offsite. I can tell a pt, come back later - we have central processing working on it. At that moment, the issue is passed off, and I can get back to work helping the next pt in line. Pt issues do not include just the current pt - but those waiting in line as well. Power is GREAT at helping the next pt in line.

So to answer your question - No and Yes.

No - and yes. When a pt calls about a script - then comes into the store. The person she talked to when she called your store doesn't actually reside in the store (the phone numbers are routed to central processing as well). So whatever issue she discussed to him, if it isnt noted in the script or profile - we have no way of knowing what transpired.

I can tell a pt, come back later - we have central processing working on it.

So to answer your question is - NO and NO

This has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard of in the over 30 years I have worked in drug stores. This can be called the patient inconvenience or the non-service model. This is 100% designed to eliminate the pharmacist. The pharmacist is nothing special, no provider-patient relationship is encouraged. This will be the death of Walgreens in the long term.

This will be the death of Walgreens in the long term.

Typical overreaction by the chief Walgreens hater on the board. It will be interesting to see your reaction when CVS starts their own version of Power.

My store is not full power yet, but we have been using Central fill for months. I love it. Now that it is one easy to use screen to put people on autofill or remove scripts off autofill, I have signed up hundreds of my pts. I probably get about 1 out of 20 not excited that I already filled their maint. meds. Of these, I explain the new system, apologize to them, then put a note in their profile that they don't want autofill so it doesn't happen again. Most of these pt's are older and feel like I am taking their control over their med away from them. I am cool with that and don't sign them up again. Unfortunately, these are my most non-compliant pts also because they have a hard time calling in all 10 of their scripts a month.

The vast majority of my pt's have been very happy that their monthly meds are already in my bins for them to pick up. It also is leading to my pt's being more compliant. They still have to call in their controls and other odd-ball meds, but pt's have been happy having their maint meds ready. Also, they like that the system has already faxed for refills, and got it resolved, since many wait until they are out of drug, then call it in only to realize they are out of fills and need dr authorization for more.

Give me 6 more months and I am going to hit my personal goals of 40% autofill, 50% central fill daily. (currently in the 23% and 33% range respectively)

Here is what I dislike about Central fill: Those huge bottles and hard to open caps. They just are not near as user friendly. But, I have good techs who read the labels well before selling. Anything with snap we replace with the easy open caps and send them on their way. Many of the snap caps people are also our older pt's, who have 5-10 meds a month. My techs are often noticing these scripts when putting them in the bins since that pt fills up the bin. We replace them then and save time later at the counter. Supposedly, once we get more volume through the central fill facility, they are going to try to adapt to our retail vials instead of the fat mail-order ones.

Full power should be within a few months now.

Typical overreaction by the chief Walgreens hater on the board. It will be interesting to see your reaction when CVS starts their own version of Power.

First of all I don't hate Walgreens. There was a time they were the premier retail Pharmacy Chain in the world. That is no longer the case. Their growth strategy as faltered as they moved into the expensive real estate markets on both costs. Their CEO quit/was fired/forced to resign? They hired marketing guru from Walmart to completely re-do their planograms and merchandise mix. They have been out foxed and boxed in by CVS at every turn. I expect they will be back.

The problem I have with Power is it destroys the relationship between the patient and the pharmacist. The theory of Power is that it doesn't matter who fills your prescriptions. It doesn't matter who you speak to on the phone. It's the exact opposite of the CVS stratgey. They attempt (however poorly) to measure the emotional connection between the Pharmacist and the patient. They want it that way and I don't think even if they implement some type of central fill it will be at the expense of the pharmacist/patient relationship.

They are using Power for one reason and one reason only and that is to save money. They are reducing store hours and that's really good for serving the community. I filled four scripts within 30 minutes of closing the other night from two different patients that were from two different ER's. Earlier closing would not work for them.... The reason you thats the reason is they are not marketing it to the public.

Here's the problem with Walgreens POWER. It does not offer any advantage to the patient. It is not as cheap and convenient as the mail order pharmacies and it does not offer superior customer service than the retails.

Here's Walgreens POWER at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUh_WUoUodc

Here is what I dislike about Central fill: Those huge bottles and hard to open caps. They just are not near as user friendly.

If they can't even figure that out, what the hell are they spending billions creating a new system?

So to answer your question is - NO and NO

This has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard of in the over 30 years I have worked in drug stores. This can be called the patient inconvenience or the non-service model. This is 100% designed to eliminate the pharmacist. The pharmacist is nothing special, no provider-patient relationship is encouraged. This will be the death of Walgreens in the long term.

What are you FOX NEWS How about you finishing the quote.

If you had - you would have quoted At that moment, the issue is passed off, and I can get back to work helping the next pt in line. If you have ever been behind the one patient that eats 30 minutes for one script (apparently only one poster on this forum hasn't), you would see how incredibly frustrating the issue is. By moving along in the cue, allowing the issue to be worked by central, you can help the "next" person in line. Feel free to extrapolate this benefit to EVERYONE in the cue - because if I move up the next person in line 30 minutes faster - everyone behind that patient moves up in the cue first.

I stated No and Yes - which one did I state first? Its called being non-bias and maintaining objectivity. If you were an honest-to-goodness advisor - you would see that you have not possessed it (in any appreciable amount) for weeks now.

OldTimer - Honestly - Whatever rut you are in right now - work it out - and I do mean this in the most positive way.

One more thing - if you are going to quote out of context - you shouldn't do it on the same page of the same thread - it's poor form

Last edited:
Here's the problem with Walgreens POWER. It does not offer any advantage to the patient. It is not as cheap and convenient as the mail order pharmacies and it does not offer superior customer service than the retails.

Here's Walgreens POWER at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUh_WUoUodc

Quoted for truth - A patient really doesn't gain anything. If the system runs as a well oiled machine - the problems that take a long time / special care to fix are pulled out of the local pharmacy. That patient gets a reduced amount of customer service (the shaft so to speak).

However, that leaves the pharmacy capable of running at a more efficient pace. Assuming everyone gets trained to run the new system - the bottom line improves for walgreens.

I have a hard time seeing how this program takes away from the pharmacist. A pharmacist has to consult on every script - everyone of them. The pharmacist does nothing but spend time talking to patients. I think people are confusing the role of technicians with the role of the pharmacist (Tech's are getting a shaft - in a few aspects).

I see it as a unique progression - with serious implications for our profession. I am not for it, or against it - but it is here. Even if POWER fails, the concept of pharmacy optimization is here to stay.

The problem I have with Power is it destroys the relationship between the patient and the pharmacist. The theory of Power is that it doesn't matter who fills your prescriptions. It doesn't matter who you speak to on the phone.

How many Rph's on here working under power have said it has destroyed their relationship with the pt? My store is not there yet, but I have more time for the pt now just with central fill. Take those annoying phone calls away of "are my vicodins ready", "how much is my medicaid script", "Did dr abc call in my soma's", and I will have even more time.

I actually believe that the typical Walgreens customer (and CVS customer from what my cvs rph friends say) doesn't care who fills their script or who they talk to on the phone. They want speed, convienence, and service. They are getting that. If they gave a crap about who filled their scripts, they would not take their scripts to these stores that have revolving floaters in them. But, I don't see any walgreens stores failing due to lack of business. Half of my pt's don't even know what I look like, because they won't get out of their cars to come in, and I counsel from my workstation on the phone if you are in drive-thru. But they keep coming back. Customers that need that more personal touch go to slow grocery stores or independents. People that want it now go to cvs and wags. They don't care who is behind the counter as long as it is done correctly and at a price they are cool with.

However, that leaves the pharmacy capable of running at a more efficient pace. Assuming everyone gets trained to run the new system - the bottom line improves for walgreens.

Not likely since Walgreens cuts staff at the store level. Increase Walgreens profit? Only if customers are fine with the less customer service.

How many Rph's on here working under power have said it has destroyed their relationship with the pt? My store is not there yet, but I have more time for the pt now just with central fill.

Just wait until Walgreens cut staff at your store. That's the saving Walgreens expect from their system.

Just wait until Walgreens cut staff at your store. That's the saving Walgreens expect from their system.

People on here act like it is going to be a surprise to us all when they cut staff. My store is already running at 40 hours a week less than a year ago doing the same volume. When Power rolls out, I know I can expect at least another 60 hours of techs cut (2 of my 6). I run 5 techs a day right now, I expect to run 3 with power. Today, I had one out at Jury duty and another call in about 15 minutes before her shift (sick,,,,again). We did 550 scripts today with three techs and three rph's. It was like a marathon. Not having to type scripts, verify scripts, do the DUR's, call insurance, pick up the phone for all the stupid questions, and take dr calls would have made today very nice.

I know where the savings is going to come from. Everyone does. Some of us are not as worried about it as you all at other firms seem to be. If it ends up being disaster, I will be back on her letting you know. To be continued.......

How many Rph's on here working under power have said it has destroyed their relationship with the pt? .

If you work at Walgreens of CVS you do not have a relationship with anyone except the verification computer you stare at all day. Your typical Walgreesn and CVS pharmacist spends 99% of the day making sure the pink pill in the bottle matches the picture of the pink pill on the screen. All to the tune of 400-500 scripts per pharmacists.

I actually believe that the typical Walgreens customer (and CVS customer from what my cvs rph friends say) doesn't care who fills their script or who they talk to on the phone. They want speed, convienence, and service. They are getting that. .

You couldn't be any more wrong. The last time anyone got servive or speed at a Walgreens or CVS was 1982. The only advantage Walgreens and CVS have are CONVIENENCE. Convienence only in the sense they are on every street corner and they have a drive through. You of course have to put up with 4 hour wait times and your scripts never being done when they say. Pile the crappy service on top and I say they are decidedly inconveinent.

If they gave a crap about who filled their scripts, they would not take their scripts to these stores that have revolving floaters in them. But, I don't see any walgreens stores failing due to lack of business. Half of my pt's don't even know what I look like, because they won't get out of their cars to come in, and I counsel from my workstation on the phone if you are in drive-thru. But they keep coming back. .

And there my friend is the problem with retail pharmacy today and a fine example of how Walgreens and CVS have nearly destroyed our profession. Because of Walgreesn and CVS the public has such low expections the pharmacy is nothing more than a place to pick up another commodity like bread, butter, or meat. Walgreens and CVS have completly taken away the only thing we had going for us...the knowledge we can provide to our customers.
People used to go to the same pharmacy because they knew the people behind the counter and trusted them. Now they go to a pharmacy because its 2 minutes from their house. They go there even though the people are rude, they misfill ever other script and the wait time is 6 hours. Its sad and I feel bad for people because they do not realize how much better things could and should be.

Customers that need that more personal touch go to slow grocery stores or independents. .

This is the only thing that will save our profession....I hope its not to late.

People that want it now go to cvs and wags. They don't care who is behind the counter as long as it is done correctly and at a price they are cool with.

I couldn't resist....If you want it done now go to Wags or CVS?!?!?! That actually made me laugh out loud! The last place on earth you go if you want a script done fast is Wags or CVS. A price they are cool with? The most expensive pharmacies you can go to are Wags and CVS.

If you want it done now go to Wags or CVS?!?!?! That actually made me laugh out loud! The last place on earth you go if you want a script done fast is Wags or CVS. A price they are cool with? The most expensive pharmacies you can go to are Wags and CVS.

Yeah really. I never fill scripts at wags, ever. The minute they say "that's gonna be 45 minutes" you can bet I walk across the street to the HMO pharmacy and get it in under 5 minutes. Where I live, my HMO currently has a policy of "guaranteed faster than walgreens" In my uninformed opinion, the reason power isnt going to work as well as planned is because it's going to be so much less convenient for the customer.

We have been full power for a while now.

WHAT A JOKE.

I can't even begin to explain the amount of frustration and horrible customer service and complaints people are receiving and we are hearing. The cenfill station absolutely REFUSES to transfer anyone to the pharmacy unless its a C2 stock check.

Pharmacists and technicians at cenfill have TYPED and verified the INCORRECT drug and dosaging more than 5 times at our pharmacy. They OD'd a 4 month old baby with the wrong drug. If it wasn't for my pharmacist checking hard copies and every drug (which is what he is STRICTLY told NOT to do by the pharmacy supervisor), he would've been having to hear a mother yelling and screaming about her baby's OD and many other things.

I can go on forever.. The system sucks. Enough said.

We have been full power for a while now.

WHAT A JOKE.

I can't even begin to explain the amount of frustration and horrible customer service and complaints people are receiving and we are hearing. The cenfill station absolutely REFUSES to transfer anyone to the pharmacy unless its a C2 stock check.

Pharmacists and technicians at cenfill have TYPED and verified the INCORRECT drug and dosaging more than 5 times at our pharmacy. They OD'd a 4 month old baby with the wrong drug. If it wasn't for my pharmacist checking hard copies and every drug (which is what he is STRICTLY told NOT to do by the pharmacy supervisor), he would've been having to hear a mother yelling and screaming about her baby's OD and many other things.

I can go on forever.. The system sucks. Enough said.

Sure it sucks and it will not get better...but, the unfortunate people who go to Walgreens will get used to the poor service, mistakes and other problems. They will eventually accept it because Walgreens is a 2 minute drive from thier house. It is sad in this country people are willing to sacrifice everything for a little conveinence. They could drive 5 more minutes down the road to the little independent and find out how a real pharmacy is supposed to operate.

Last edited:
Yeah really. I never fill scripts at wags, ever. The minute they say "that's gonna be 45 minutes" you can bet I walk across the street to the HMO pharmacy and get it in under 5 minutes. Where I live, my HMO currently has a policy of "guaranteed faster than walgreens" In my uninformed opinion, the reason power isnt going to work as well as planned is because it's going to be so much less convenient for the customer.

45 minutes?!?! Thats like light speed, hyper drive, amazing fast time for Walgreens.

I remember my short stint with the hell hole known as Walgreens. We had a TWO DAY wait time at one of the stores I worked at! I am not kidding. People would come up and the inputing tech had a inch thick stack of scripts to be typed in. She would show them and say "these people are all ahead of you. It was Monday and she would tell them to come back on Wednesday." This was 5 years ago. I can only imagine how bad it is now.