What is your major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Major?

• Total voters

Evisju7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmacology & Toxicology, betches.

Best major ever.

ek3VW98.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You might want to consider making it a choose all that apply so that people with double majors, ie me, can pick more than one. But I picked my first major, Biochemistry. Also, what's up with these polls?

Reactions: 1 user
You can major in law?

Engineering for me.

Music and Psych - after 7 years I had, in my hands, the roughest, most worthless piece of toilet paper money can buy!

Reactions: 3 users
Chemistry all the way! :)

I'm considering doubling with Neuroscience.

You should have differentiated between Chemistry and Biology

Reactions: 1 users
Music and Psych - after 7 years I had, in my hands, the roughest, most worthless piece of toilet paper money can buy!
No offense, but I found that out in a simple Google search.

Members don't see this ad :)
No offense, but I found that out in a simple Google search.
How worthless they are, or everything you need to know for an undergrad education in either field?

Last edited:
How worthless they are, or everything you need to know for an undergrad education in either field?
Both. A long time ago I thought about majoring in psychology, but after checking out if a bachelor's in psychology was a good fallback degree, a lot of people said it was not worth it. You would have to get a PhD to actually make it worth it.

Both. A long time ago I thought about majoring in psychology, but after checking out if a bachelor's in psychology was a good fallback degree, a lot of people said it was not worth it. You would have to get a PhD to actually make it worth it.
Yeah, the psych PhD route was actually my back-up plan when I decided music ed wasn't my cup of tea and started pre-med. I actually almost decided to drop the med school thing and apply for PhD programs in social psych shortly before I applied for the 2012-2013 cycle.

Yeah, the psych PhD route was actually my back-up plan when I decided music ed wasn't my cup of tea and started pre-med. I actually almost decided to drop the med school thing and apply for PhD programs in social psych shortly before I applied for the 2012-2013 cycle.
So did you get accepted into a medical school?

Business science, with minors in anthropology and political science.

1st Bachelor's - Business - Human Resources
1st post Bacc - Nursing Diploma
2nd post Bacc - Liberal Arts & Sciences (Pre-reqs)

it was systems engineering (kind of like industrial engineering but more flexible).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Wait, I thought you were being sarcastic. That's actually the decision? Polar opposites!
I think I'd stick with biology. :)

No, I did a dual bachelors in Biology and Religion.

That's actually really interesting. Would you do it over again if you could?

Absolutely. Well, I enjoyed it, but I might get a more practical degree like math or statistics instead.

A Swede studying religion. You're breaking the normal

As of now I'm a Biology major, but I'm considering switching to Psychology because I think that would be more enjoyable for me.

Biology. probably would have gotten a biological engineering degree if i could turn back time.

@Evisju7 Nice Swedish :). Stockholm or nothing though!

As of now I'm a Biology major, but I'm considering switching to Psychology because I think that would be more enjoyable for me.

Coincidental. I'm majoring in bio and having psychology as my minor.
You may want to consider something like that? I would have majored in neuroscience, but my university doesn't offer it. So that's my home-made neuroscience program.