What is your major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Major?

• Total voters
Biology. probably would have gotten a biological engineering degree if i could turn back time.

@Evisju7 Nice Swedish :). Stockholm or nothing though!
Nah! Stockholm is too pretentious for my taste. No offense if you're from there, it's still a wonderful city.

Everyone is going into engineering nowadays it seems! Maybe I've missed something here.. Bio FTW

Members don't see this ad.

@Evisju7 haha none taken, I know exactly what you mean. I'm from an area just outside Stockholm. I have plenty of friends who are from downtown Stockholm, and it's always fun to hear their snobbish accent. The people there are special for sure!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a biology major and a chemistry major. Although I'm thinking about going down to a chemistry minor instead.

Molecular bio with a chem minor; just a couple credits shy of another minor in french

That seems like a tougher course load. Is it difficult?
It's a little more rigorous than a biology degree at my school but I enjoy the courses a lot so I don't think it's too bad. I only needed two extra courses for the chem minor-analytical chem, which was kind of cool but a pain in the ass, and inorganic-and the french classes are a nice break from all the science.

I was a political science major to begin with and afterwards the sciences. I really think its night and day as far as learning, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying.

Coincidental. I'm majoring in bio and having psychology as my minor.
You may want to consider something like that? I would have majored in neuroscience, but my university doesn't offer it. So that's my home-made neuroscience program.
My University actually does have Neuroscience, so I might end up doing that. I just felt that a Psychology major might have the potential to give me a better grade than Biology or Neuro.

Chemistry :) I considered creative writing, psychology, and neuroscience... but I love chemistry and my school's chem department, and I am really happy with my decision (although sometimes the work load gives me momentary pangs of regret....)

Biology and Japanese Language! Dual-Degrees! Super-fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
Biochemistry so I could be a bit different than everyone else's "biomedical sciences" degree. However, I quickly regretted that decision when I learned that I had to take biochemistry lab and that biochemistry is a useless class in medical school

Why did you switch? That's what I'm thinking about doing......
Biology was getting boring and psych is just more interesting to me. The thought of sitting through a plants of the coastal plains class just makes me cringe. Also, I feel that it gives me more tools to be a more effective healthcare provider (I work in a free clinic) more quickly. It lets me get my foot in the door just a bit further.

Biology was getting boring and psych is just more interesting to me. The thought of sitting through a plants of the coastal plains class just makes me cringe. Also, I feel that it gives me more tools to be a more effective healthcare provider (I work in a free clinic) more quickly. It lets me get my foot in the door just a bit further.
Nice, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too......I really like Molecular/Cellular type Biology, but I can't stand Genetics/Ecology stuff. I think I may end u[p doing Neuroscience though because that major will actually make use of all the science classes I have to take.

Nice, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too......I really like Molecular/Cellular type Biology, but I can't stand Genetics/Ecology stuff. I think I may end u[p doing Neuroscience though because that major will actually make use of all the science classes I have to take.
I LOVE Ecology/Evolution. I took it my first semester and it was pretty easy and generally kinda cool if you think about your own origins.

I really wish my school offered neuroscience... :mad:

I triple majored. electrical engineering, biological engineering, and maths. It was a fun time lol

Marketing-- I'm gonna assume I'm the only one

Biology was getting boring and psych is just more interesting to me. The thought of sitting through a plants of the coastal plains class just makes me cringe.

That's why I switched from Bio to Neuroscience. Same amount of prereqs covered, but I got to switch from stuff like Flora and Fauna of the Great Plains to things like Hormones and Behavior, etc.