When are you going to submit your PharmCAS app? Or when did you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LactaidPlease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if submitting it now is considered too early or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I will submit mine within 2 weeks. I'm getting my summer transcripts tomorrow and I already have 2/4 letters on recommendation, so I might as well just wait until I get everything to submit my application :)

lol why would submitting now be considered "too early"? imho, its never too early
i submitted mine 2 weeks ago..

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 7/26, GPA calculated on 7/31, got email from 1 of my 2 schools on 8/1 saying they received my app. Still waiting for my official July PCAT score to be posted

I thought that we had to wait until our official PCAT scores come out. I'm confused.

I thought that we had to wait until our official PCAT scores come out. I'm confused.
you don't have to wait, you can just submit it now and once PharmCAS receives your offical scores, they just update ur schools with the score :)

i would submit early. my gpa calculation/verification were all completed by pharmcas in less than a week. im assuming that the later you wait to submit, the more time it'll take for pharmcas to process items due to more apps.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I plan on waiting until my official PCAT scores come in. I don't think it gives any advantage to apply SO soon (I understand that early decision requires submitting before september or w/e the actual date is). I plan on looking over everything a few times due to the finality of the submission.

Submitted mine 8/4. GPA was calculated by this morning. And heard back from my ED program already. I'm already working on the supplemental application. That was so fast! My PCAT hasn't been posted yet (took it 7/17)

Submitted mine 8/4. GPA was calculated by this morning. And heard back from my ED program already. I'm already working on the supplemental application. That was so fast! My PCAT hasn't been posted yet (took it 7/17)
How does your ED contact you if they don't know your PCAT score?

How does your ED contact you if they don't know your PCAT score?

They just check for your GPA to get the supplemental. When they receive the PCAT score, they will take everything into consideration.

he's just doing the supplemental application, it's not like they gave him an interview yet :)
"she" ... i have no idea why i felt the need to clarify... haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I need to wait until my letters of recommendation are uploaded to submit my application?

submitted on monday
my last transcript just arrived couple hours ago an posted
then gpa verified just now.. only took them couple hours for gpa verification
so excited

I still need 2/3 letters of recommendation and I have a bunch of interviews coming up for pharmacy technician positions and i already accepted one pharm tech position at CVS that I wouldn't be starting until the last week of August. So I won't be submitting my app until November at the earliest when I can get a fall semester teacher and hopefully a pharmacist from my new job to write me letters.

Good job to all of you who have everything done by now! Super jealous. My school said they wouldn't make a decision on my app until all my materials are in and that its better to have a strong app than an early one, but "If you wait until after January, that's when things can get riskier and interview spots may fill up. "

I still need 2/3 letters of recommendation and I have a bunch of interviews coming up for pharmacy technician positions and i already accepted one pharm tech position at CVS that I wouldn't be starting until the last week of August. So I won't be submitting my app until November at the earliest when I can get a fall semester teacher and hopefully a pharmacist from my new job to write me letters.

Good job to all of you who have everything done by now! Super jealous. My school said they wouldn't make a decision on my app until all my materials are in and that its better to have a strong app than an early one, but "If you wait until after January, that's when things can get riskier and interview spots may fill up. "

Note that PharmCAS will not verifies your transcripts and calculation the GPAs for you until you e-submit your app and make the payment for app processing.

by waiting till Nov to submit your app, you add more time into the waiting, esp when PharmCAS would be overwhelmed with applications later and might take up to a full 6 wks to verify your transcripts and update your PCAT score. (Trust me that was exactly what happened to me when I applied right on deadlines !! Waiting is really painful !! Lesson learned :) )

imho you should go ahead and submit your app now with things that you have ready. Schools will not look at your app anyway but you can cut down that time PharmCAS takes to verify your transcripts and/or update your PCAT score. If you do this, then everything is ready to go by the time you got that 2 LORs from your Fall sem teacher and that pharmacist.

Remember this is really a race !! ;)

Last edited:
My Pcat is in September so I will work on the application after I take the Pcat.
Hopefully the Pcat official score and pharmcas GPA / transcript verification process will all be done by the end of October.

My Pcat is in September so I will work on the application after I take the Pcat.
Hopefully the Pcat official score and pharmcas GPA / transcript verification process will all be done by the end of October.

you can work on your application now... it only take a few hours a day for a couple days the max... I usually cut my TV watching allowance for this ;)

you can work on your application now... it only take a few hours a day for a couple days the max... I usually cut my TV watching allowance for this ;)
Thanks for the suggestion! I will do that now. I already completed most of the parts on the application but just my personal statement and transcript part .:(

I just submitted mine today! I'm only missing my transcripts that I already sent last week, they should be getting it any day now :)

Did you guys manually enter the course work or pay pharmcas to do so?

I did it myself. It took me less than an hour and I have around ~120 credits.

u can do it urself or pharmcas has service to enter them for u but more thqn 100 bucks i think

I just submitted mine 8/13 and now just waiting for my GPA to be calculated..

I just submitted mine 8/13 and now just waiting for my GPA to be calculated..

did pharmcas receive and posted all ur transcript? then i think it will take couple days for gpa calculation. mine took only couple hours!

still waiting for my last LOR from the pharmacist and pcat scores to be posted..

did pharmcas receive and posted all ur transcript? then i think it will take couple days for gpa calculation. mine took only couple hours!
Yes they received everything 8/13. So hopefully the GPA will be up in a couple of days..

just posting for the first time..super excited! already took my pcat on July 18 got my scores back yesterday. almost done with my pharmcas application, all i have left to do is touch up my personal statement. Finished my supplemental application and ill be mailing that out with my payment. Early decision deadline for my school is sept 2nd so i gotta hurry! good luck to all of you guys ohh and I've read a few posts and i saw one individual got hired at cvs..I actually work there now! great company and amazing coworkers!

just posting for the first time..super excited! already took my pcat on July 18 got my scores back yesterday. almost done with my pharmcas application, all i have left to do is touch up my personal statement. Finished my supplemental application and ill be mailing that out with my payment. Early decision deadline for my school is sept 2nd so i gotta hurry! good luck to all of you guys ohh and I've read a few posts and i saw one individual got hired at cvs..I actually work there now! great company and amazing coworkers!

i had no idea you could do a supplemental w/o first finishing the PharmCAS...

i had no idea you could do a supplemental w/o first finishing the PharmCAS...
most likely he already submitted his application, but he's not actually "finished" with PharmCAS (at least not until he's done with the supplemental). Guessing here tho! Lol ...

Last edited:
most schools either already have the supplemental posted or have their own online application that would allow an applicant to complete it without pharmcas completion. Unlike med school, we are expected to submit supplemental's without an invitation.

ahh... i see. I'm only applying to one school ED, the supplemental is by invitation only.

i'm applying to two schools and I only get the supplemental by invitation, same as @MGM921

For someone who already submitted your applications, I have a question about inputting "In-Process Coursework". How do I input IP/planned course for Spring 2015? When I add IP course for Spring 2015, it tells me " The year should be between 2011-2014". Any help is very appreciated!!

For someone who already submitted your applications, I have a question about inputting "In-Process Coursework". How do I input IP/planned course for Spring 2015? When I add IP course for Spring 2015, it tells me " The year should be between 2011-2014". Any help is very appreciated!!

i had same issue. go to college attended and change the year.

if you went to college A 2012-2014, and also planning to attend there, just change it to 2012-2015

i had same issue. go to college attended and change the year.

if you went to college A 2012-2014, and also planning to attend there, just change it to 2012-2015
Thank You! I only need to take microbiology and I will do at a community college for saving some cost. I didn't add the college in yet and that s why :)

How long did it take PharmCAS to put up your transcript? My school sent mine over a week ago and its not showing up yet :(

For me it took about a week but I submitted my application really early
It took like 4-5 days for a friend of mine. Well, its still early, if by next week they haven't updated it yet, then its time to bother them :p

It took like 4-5 days for a friend of mine. Well, its still early, if by next week they haven't updated it yet, then its time to bother them :p

Yeah it's still, I just meant that I had everything out by the July 16th or 17th and yeah give it a couple more days and then get at them haha

it took one week for them to receive and another week to post for me

submitted mine like a week ago.. waiting for my last LOR and working on supplemental.. trying to get eerything done by end of this month or first week of septemer

Submitted mine as soon as I received all the necessary letters of reqs/transcripts etc

Can I request my colleges to send over the transcript before I submit the application?