When should I apply for Pharmacy School ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get as many people's opinion on this as possible. So I am a junior and have taken almost all my prerequisites except for Organic Chem 1 and 2 and anatomy (The most important ones). I need to take my PCAT by october of 2017 and apply between November and march deadline if i want to start pharmacy school in 2018. But this puts me at a disadvantage because I dont want to take the pcat without atleast taking orgo 1 which i wont finish until December of my senior year. So my question is should I just apply in January/Februrary and take my chances, or should I wait until july and apply for 2019 cycle (basically a gap year)? Appreciate all responses

Members don't see this ad.

I would say most important was even organic 2 in pcat. Take pcat while studying for it in college

Reactions: 1 user
I am trying to get as many people's opinion on this as possible. So I am a junior and have taken almost all my prerequisites except for Organic Chem 1 and 2 and anatomy (The most important ones). I need to take my PCAT by october of 2017 and apply between November and march deadline if i want to start pharmacy school in 2018. But this puts me at a disadvantage because I dont want to take the pcat without atleast taking orgo 1 which i wont finish until December of my senior year. So my question is should I just apply in January/Februrary and take my chances, or should I wait until july and apply for 2019 cycle (basically a gap year)? Appreciate all responses
I would say take organic chem 1 and then take the PCAT in January while completing other parts of the application. When I took the PCAT in September of last year, I was just starting orgo 2 and I got 99 percentile for chemistry and I'm a sophomore so it's definitely possible for u to do the same.

Reactions: 1 user