Will my stunning good looks pull me through?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zir

Doc
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not trying to sound cocky, but it has been made clear to me that I am rather easy on the eyes.
I haven't taken the DAT yet but my current stats are:

cgpa: 3.6 sgpa:3.45

My question is, will my good looks help me at all during the interview process? For example: would I be chosen over a similar candidate with sub-average looks?

Again not meaning to sound conceited.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not trying to sound cocky, but it has been made clear to me that I am rather easy on the eyes.

My question is, will my good looks help me at all during the interview process? For example: would I be chosen over a similar candidate with sub-average looks?

If you're hot and seduce your interviewer, get a date, go out on a few more dates, get married, have a baby, then you may have a slight chance of getting in to dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Also you're sGPA is a little below average so do well on the DAT and your avatar is a head up your ass it really freaks me out but I enjoy staring at it

Also you're sGPA is a little below average so do well on the DAT and your avatar is a head up your ass it really freaks me out but I enjoy staring at it
Lmao...not to many comments crack me up

Reactions: 1 user
If you're hot and seduce your interviewer, get a date, go out on a few more dates, get married, have a baby, then you may have a slight chance of getting in to dental school.

What if I just impregnate her on the spot? 1 baby = 1 acceptance?

Reactions: 2 users
What if I just impregnate her on the spot? 1 baby = 1 acceptance?
The going rate is 5 babies = 1 acceptance, but that's Columbia's standards.

The going rate is 5 babies = 1 acceptance, but that's Columbia's standards.

That's gonna be difficult with my head-up-ass situation. Dr. Floss, can you preform the operation?

I say you have a great shot if your interviewer is the opposite sex of you. Make sure to whisper in their ear slowly when they shake your hand.

What the hell am I reading?

Reactions: 21 users
Judging from your avatar, I think what will help more is your unique perspective on teeth.

Just don't be an over-aggressive kiss @ss in your interview. :mooning:

Members don't see this ad :)

LOL this post gave me a good laugh. Your devilishly handsome looks will not affect your chances in any way. There are TONS of handsome individuals in the dental field as well as some not as fortunate looking folks. If anything at all, it will help your confidence which will shine through in the interview. But your chiseled abs and/or face from Zeus himself will only get you so far in the real world.

What's your definition of "good looks" are you applying for dental school or a beauty pageant?

yeah your looks well play a factor during admissions

Your personality and what you say during your interview is all that matters.

Worked for me. I mean, look at my profile picture...

Maybe at Buffalo, where they take a picture of you. :D
acbe9da739a9a2e4cca08d2bca2db26e2cb0065c3bf0ee903724508d0c96255f.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I was totally expecting you to look like Channing Tatum or Cristiano Ronaldo.

Can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed.

Reactions: 3 users
At the risk of inflating your ego even more, there's no disappointment here.

Uhhmmm... sooo... Hi.
Winkyface.

Ok. As you were.

You remind me of a certain someone I know that goes to Berkeley...but anyways.

Good luck on the DAT dude and Go Bears!

Either I'm surrounded by beautiful people(lolno), or you look very average to me. Rely on your scores/personality bud.

The resemblance to the avatar is uncanny.

Please tell me this is a troll post. If not, OP you have no tact or common sense...

I think it's great to have this post. On a forum where a bunch of panicky students worry about everything it's good to laugh at a post that isn't serious.

If I'm to be brutally honest, you look like you belong on that movie Holes where there's like 14-15 year olds digging ditches for treasure. You look sort of young for 20-21, dude. Or you look like you could be a greaser from The Outsiders.

Still a better post than the "concerned" student asking you to chance their 3.85 gpa and 26 DAT

Reactions: 11 users
Still a better post than the "concerned" student asking you to chance their 3.85 gpa and 26 DAT

Or the 8th graders in high school worrying about how their B- in Geometry will affect their chances of getting in to dental school. I thought it was pretty funny until he posted a picture of himself, kind of odd.

Having said that who are all these alleged women talking up your looks? Stop pickin up chicks at Bieber concerts bro.

Looking at it again, you sort of look like Chris Pine without facial hair and your jaw line isn't as assertive as his. But eh.

I'm also a girl as well.

You aren't ugly, just not something I'd break my neck to stare at.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not which kind of concerns me, you want to be a doctor too?

Even if this was a joke, you need to get a life

Some of the adcoms lurk on this forum.
I would delete the picture OP, or no matter how good you look you're not gonna pull through after all of this.

Some of the adcoms lurk on this forum.
I would delete the picture OP, or no matter how good you look you're not gonna pull through after all of this.
Maybe that's not even him. Maybe he's literally just trolling all of us. Either way it's a good laugh.

Should we all post our pictures into a thread and have everyone else rate our looks? That way when we go in for an interview we can tell them, "Yeah, I did fail Organic twice before I finally passed it with a C, but on a more positive note, I did receive an 8.5/10 on StudentDoctor for overall sexiness!". Lol
(P.S. I did NOT fail Orgo... or any other class)

Should we all post our pictures into a thread and have everyone else rate our looks? That way when we go in for an interview we can tell them, "Yeah, I did fail Organic twice before I finally passed it with a C, but on a more positive note, I did receive an 8.5/10 on StudentDoctor for overall sexiness!". Lol
(P.S. I did NOT fail Orgo... or any other class)
SDN pin up calendar. I call dibs on November.

Reactions: 2 users
SDN pin up calendar. I call dibs on November.

Have November. I'm so cute I can rock it every month.

cyndaquil_commission_by_x_squishystar_x-d422xxf.gif

( Credit to the artist as per her watermark; this is not my work. )

1013galif.jpg
I feel like a summer month would be best for me to show off my swimsuit body, so maybe May or June.

Anyone with a pokemon for an avatar is golden in my book.

Why thank you; I play Pokémon when I have free time. It's my favorite. :)

If I get in I'll let it evolve into Quilava, and then after I'll let it evolve into Typhlosion, because why not.

You all are taking this thread way too seriously. Meanwhile, I'm on my laptop laughing my ass off.

Here's the face of November.
Sanstitre24.jpg