Winged Scapula

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why "uncomfortable" in those cars?

LOL at the Bentley. One of my anesthesiologists always teases me about seeing my Bentley out in the physicians parking lot (it belongs to one of the plastic surgeons). I'd never hear the end of it if I bought one. Besides, I'm really not being obstinate about the soft tops - they just don't last out here in the 115+ degree summer heat and the daily sun. Remember this is a daily driver and I don't have covered parking at the office.
They don't provide the headroom I need with the top up.

You could be "that guy" who throws a car cover over it when you park it, imagine what they'd say about that :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They don't provide the headroom I need with the top up.

I see - you're a tall drink of water. My uncle used to have to fold himself into my car when he visited.

You could be "that guy" who throws a car cover over it when you park it, imagine what they'd say about that :laugh:

Ha ha...not much of a chance of that. I'm usually late and running into the hospital; no time to be "that guy" with a car cover.

Just got a call from the vet - cats in the ICU and bill is over $3000 and climbing; might have to relook at that Miata. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I see - you're a tall drink of water. My uncle used to have to fold himself into my car when he visited.

Ha ha...not much of a chance of that. I'm usually late and running into the hospital; no time to be "that guy" with a car cover.

Just got a call from the vet - cats in the ICU and bill is over $3000 and climbing; might have to rebook at that Miata. :p

Yikes?!?! What's wrong with the cat????

And yet they drive so right.
Truthfully? The one I drove several years ago (a very early year model) was fast, but seemed very stale to me. Just like it's cousin the Lamborghini Gallardo (except the lambo had the paddle shift which was BRUTAL when changing gears). But that was the way all the Germans were going back then - very calculated. Admittedly, this could very well have been corrected in the newer models.

Ha ha...you're not losing at all.

I don't know about a 911 being for poseurs; maybe if you're driving an old one (because that's all you could afford). What kept me from buying one in the first places was that the interior was not nearly as nice as in my current car.

I'm not really drawn to the Audi, so you needn't worry. It looks too "sporty" for me and I agree with you about the dimensions; its the reason I don't like the Lexus IS. It looks like a boys car. :p

I really like the look of the Maserati GT convertible; I'm seriously thinking of flying up to Vegas and looking at it.

Truthfully I would have bought a Porsche 944 a couple years ago if the guy hadn't backed out last minute. Extra points to anyone who feels me on this.

I do love Maserati - I haven't driven any since the split from Ferrari though, but the brand does seem to continue improving.

Also - hope the cat makes it through!

Reactions: 1 user
Yikes?!?! What's wrong with the cat????
Lots of things.

He was diagnosed with IDDM in December. I'd been giving him 3 u Lantus BID since and he was doing remarkably well. On Tuesday he started vomiting (which isn't unusual) and coming into the shower with me (usually a sign of dehydration); I tried to get him to drink more water and mixed his food with water. Wednesday pm he didn't greet me at the door when I came home and didn't want much dinner. Thursday am he was wobbly when he walked, he looked confused. I gave him some Karo syrup and took him to the vet; his BGL was 39. Creatinine was 4.5 (he has known geriatric renal failure). The vet ran some fluids, found some WBCs in his urine, started ABX and sent a urine culture. She didn't want to send him home so we arranged for transfer to a vet hospital near me. He's been there since Thursday.

He's got pyelonephritis, a dilated common bile duct but no stones (so they're thinking pancreatitis) and his colon is full of stool up to the transverse colon which they believe to be due to dehydration. He had abdominal pain yesterday but that has resolved; no BM after an enema though. Labs slowly improving: Cr down to 4, BGL a little high this am, Na up as well. Cats are not very cardiotolerant of fast fluid shifts so he might still be in house until Monday.

Maybe @dyachei has some input.

Lots of things.

He was diagnosed with IDDM in December. I'd been giving him 3 u Lantus BID since and he was doing remarkably well. On Tuesday he started vomiting (which isn't unusual) and coming into the shower with me (usually a sign of dehydration); I tried to get him to drink more water and mixed his food with water. Wednesday pm he didn't greet me at the door when I came home and didn't want much dinner. Thursday am he was wobbly when he walked, he looked confused. I gave him some Karo syrup and took him to the vet; his BGL was 39. Creatinine was 4.5 (he has known geriatric renal failure). The vet ran some fluids, found some WBCs in his urine, started ABX and sent a urine culture. She didn't want to send him home so we arranged for transfer to a vet hospital near me. He's been there since Thursday.

He's got pyelonephritis, a dilated common bile duct but no stones (so they're thinking pancreatitis) and his colon is full of stool up to the transverse colon which they believe to be due to dehydration. He had abdominal pain yesterday but that has resolved; no BM after an enema though. Labs slowly improving: Cr down to 4, BGL a little high this am, Na up as well. Cats are not very cardiotolerant of fast fluid shifts so he might still be in house until Monday.

sounds like some triaditis. cholangiohepatitis and pancreatitis. Usually happens in male cats. But it might not be. If the abdominal pain has resolved I don't know how likely pancreatitis would be. Azotemia does cause abdominal discomfort, typically. Did they do any testing on it? The pyelo isn't uncommon as an ascending UTI in diabetics. Also not surprised at low BG if he isn't eating well and is on that much lantus. The wobbly is probably from diabetic neuropathy or weakness with low BG. I worry about megacolon in cats that don't defecate easily. I wonder what's going on there. PM if you have any specific questions

Lots of things.

holy **** your cat should be on house

sounds like some triaditis. cholangiohepatitis and pancreatitis. Usually happens in male cats. But it might not be. If the abdominal pain has resolved I don't know how likely pancreatitis would be. Azotemia does cause abdominal discomfort, typically. Did they do any testing on it? The pyelo isn't uncommon as an ascending UTI in diabetics. Also not surprised at low BG if he isn't eating well and is on that much lantus. The wobbly is probably from diabetic neuropathy or weakness with low BG. I worry about megacolon in cats that don't defecate easily. I wonder what's going on there. PM if you have any specific questions
I believe the resolving azotemia and treatment of the pyelo (yes, he's a male) is probably the reason for the resolving abdominal pain, although being that FOS can't feel good for him. I believe the concern about pancreatitis was also related to the CBD dilatation.

The low BGL didn't surprise me either; I figured that's what was going on when he looked wobbly which is why I gave him the Karo (he's got some neuropathy anyway in his back legs; his "heels" are a little low). I held his Lantus in the morning but should have reduced the dose the night before when he didn't eat as much. I wasn't watching him closely enough.

Thanks for the input - my only question is the one no one can accurately tell me: Is he going to survive this?

I believe the resolving azotemia and treatment of the pyelo (yes, he's a male) is probably the reason for the resolving abdominal pain, although being that FOS can't feel good for him. I believe the concern about pancreatitis was also related to the CBD dilatation.

The low BGL didn't surprise me either; I figured that's what was going on when he looked wobbly which is why I gave him the Karo (he's got some neuropathy anyway in his back legs; his "heels" are a little low). I held his Lantus in the morning but should have reduced the dose the night before when he didn't eat as much. I wasn't watching him closely enough.

Thanks for the input - my only question is the one no one can accurately tell me: Is he going to survive this?
there's a good chance.

Really, if he gets through the initial insult, he should. But triaditis tends to be recurring. Have they talked to you at all about the possibility of ursodiol? Pyelos respond really well to abx in cats but with reduced renal function it may not resolve as well. And renal disease, though manageable doesn't have the best prognosis for long term. Typically with appropriate care I have seen years but it depends on how bad it is AFTER the pyelo resolves. Without seeing imaging results, I'm less sure about the reasons for disimpaction not being successful. But fluid therapy should give him a good chance of passing things through. That would be the biggest quality of life concern.

Was he overweight prior to the diabetes diagnosis?

so this thread has gone through shoes, luxury cars, and now cats.

Awesome

there's a good chance.

Really, if he gets through the initial insult, he should. But triaditis tends to be recurring. Have they talked to you at all about the possibility of ursodiol? Pyelos respond really well to abx in cats but with reduced renal function it may not resolve as well. And renal disease, though manageable doesn't have the best prognosis for long term. Typically with appropriate care I have seen years but it depends on how bad it is AFTER the pyelo resolves. Without seeing imaging results, I'm less sure about the reasons for disimpaction not being successful. But fluid therapy should give him a good chance of passing things through. That would be the biggest quality of life concern.

We haven't talked long term treatment yet except that the intake vet talked about the possibility of him needing long term IV fluids, perhaps through a port. I'm not expecting long term survival in an almost 17 year old cat, but it would be good to take him home and have him where he's comfortable.

Was he overweight prior to the diabetes diagnosis?

Ummm...maybe a little. :( He was at one point, but we got his weight down over the last two years
266437_10150227213092663_280341_o.jpg .8049_10151002728797663_905344438_n.jpg228404_8120462662_5224_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
We haven't talked long term treatment yet except that the intake vet talked about the possibility of him needing long term IV fluids, perhaps through a port. I'm not expecting long term survival in an almost 17 year old cat, but it would be good to take him home and have him where he's comfortable.

Ummm...maybe a little. :( He was at one point, but we got his weight down over the last two years
View attachment 189997 .View attachment 189996View attachment 189998
A port would be a very good thing if you're willing to do that for him.

No one would fault you for making a quality of life decision, fwiw. There is a lot going on with him. But if you and he (and he has to be willing) are going to fight it, I think he's got a good shot.

A port would be a very good thing if you're willing to do that for him.

No one would fault you for making a quality of life decision, fwiw. There is a lot going on with him. But if you and he (and he has to be willing) are going to fight it, I think he's got a good shot.

But how would one determine that?

But how would one determine that?
it has to do with his attitude and demeanor. How much fight and normal behavior he has (for him). Is he normally a little bit mean and now is letting the vets and techs do whatever they want? Does he still enjoy attention? Does he perk up at all with treatment? It's a really individual thing. but if he's given up, the prognosis gets poorer

it has to do with his attitude and demeanor. How much fight and normal behavior he has (for him). Is he normally a little bit mean and now is letting the vets and techs do whatever they want? Does he still enjoy attention? Does he perk up at all with treatment? It's a really individual thing. but if he's given up, the prognosis gets poorer
Gotcha.

He has always been calm and relaxed; allows me to bathe him, cut his nails, carry him on my shoulders etc. and I made sure to mention that because the vet/vet techs were remarking on how calm and sweet he was. The front desk receptionist even took a picture of him during the sonogram because he was so calm and didn't require sedation to be shaved and lying on his back.

I wanted them to know it wasn't just because he was sick; that he was always like that. He does look better but its hard for me to know how much of it is because he's scared and wants to be home and how much is illness. He did purr for me this morning when I scratched his ears.

this is being kind of nosy but what made you want to buy a Lexus SC 430 a while ago. Is it a "chick car?" My girlfriend was thinking of buying that, except I manage to convince her that its cramped and seems bumpy on the roads (granted this was in California where the roads are crap). Plus the car costs a lot even if it was used, though my gf is an oral surgeon and could splurge all the money she wanted to on that car.

this is being kind of nosy but what made you want to buy a Lexus SC 430 a while ago. Is it a "chick car?" My girlfriend was thinking of buying that, except I manage to convince her that its cramped and seems bumpy on the roads (granted this was in California where the roads are crap). Plus the car costs a lot even if it was used, though my gf is an oral surgeon and could splurge all the money she wanted to on that car.

mentionitis much?

Perhaps it is a "chick car"; Scottsdale magazine labeled it the car of choice a few years ago for Cougars. ;)

I wanted a convertible, it was "cute" or "sexy" (depending on your POV), and the interior was much nicer than even some more expensive cars. I didn't want a 4 door or larger convertible, so the poor excuse for a back seat didn't matter to me. Lexus has good reliability and it was comfortable especially seeing as I was driving across country (with the cat!) by myself so would be sitting for extended periods. I didn't find it cramped at all but if you're tall I could see that it might be; I'm 5'5". Finally, I didn't see it as a splurge when a VW Cabrio was going for $40K at the time.

Finally, and this was key, I found one at a fleet dealer with low miles, a set price (no haggling) and I could do all the paperwork on-line. I showed up in my trashed VW Jetta and was out of there in 90 minutes.

Perhaps it is a "chick car"; Scottsdale magazine labeled it the car of choice a few years ago for Cougars. ;)

I wanted a convertible, it was "cute" or "sexy" (depending on your POV), and the interior was much nicer than even some more expensive cars. I didn't want a 4 door or larger convertible, so the poor excuse for a back seat didn't matter to me. Lexus has good reliability and it was comfortable especially seeing as I was driving across country (with the cat!) by myself so would be sitting for extended periods. I didn't find it cramped at all but if you're tall I could see that it might be; I'm 5'5". Finally, I didn't see it as a splurge when a VW Cabrio was going for $40K at the time.

Finally, and this was key, I found one at a fleet dealer with low miles, a set price (no haggling) and I could do all the paperwork on-line. I showed up in my trashed VW Jetta and was out of there in 90 minutes.

they do have quality leather and Mark Levinson system, I'll give you that.

they do have quality leather and Mark Levinson system, I'll give you that.
Oh and I don't find it bumpy at all.

However, if you aren't used to riding in sports cars which ride low to the ground, it may seem bumpier than others. I was comparing it to the aforementioned Lexus which was like sitting on a hard log. The hardtop was also key because its so much quieter (well it has its own noise) and keeps out the cold/heat better than a soft top.

Well this thread exploded since I was here last.

It also appears I'm losing my fight to keep @Winged Scapula out of a Porsche (just the next step up from BMW on the poser scale) or an Audi R8 (really, they're pretty ugly. The dimensions are ALL WRONG).

/shotsfired

Porsche Boxsters, Cayman and Cayenne's are poser cars. 911 Carrera's/Turbos and... omg GT3's are not poser cars. They're

When I am finally in the market for a new car, I think one of my biggest factors will be technology integration.

I can't wait to see how slick consoles/screens/phone&computer integration/etc is in another 10 years.

Agreed... I was a sucker for the BMW headlights that turned when you turned. Not an interior thing, but it was car geek cool. I honestly wish they started making cars that offered you the choice of using your tablet as a console or made a spot for it. You can have it done at shops, but it's too much of a hassle.

Why "uncomfortable" in those cars?

LOL at the Bentley. One of my anesthesiologists always teases me about seeing my Bentley out in the physicians parking lot (it belongs to one of the plastic surgeons). I'd never hear the end of it if I bought one. Besides, I'm really not being obstinate about the soft tops - they just don't last out here in the 115+ degree summer heat and the daily sun. Remember this is a daily driver and I don't have covered parking at the office.

Ha ha...you're not losing at all.

I don't know about a 911 being for poseurs; maybe if you're driving an old one (because that's all you could afford). What kept me from buying one in the first places was that the interior was not nearly as nice as in my current car.

I'm not really drawn to the Audi, so you needn't worry. It looks too "sporty" for me and I agree with you about the dimensions; its the reason I don't like the Lexus IS. It looks like a boys car. :p

I really like the look of the Maserati GT convertible; I'm seriously thinking of flying up to Vegas and looking at it.

Continental GT convertible is soft top (don't know why since hard top is sexier).

Truthfully? The one I drove several years ago (a very early year model) was fast, but seemed very stale to me. Just like it's cousin the Lamborghini Gallardo (except the lambo had the paddle shift which was BRUTAL when changing gears). But that was the way all the Germans were going back then - very calculated. Admittedly, this could very well have been corrected in the newer models.

Reasons not to own an exotic sports car; insurance companies restrict your mileage driven per year. I'm dead serious, too. I'm sure some are more lenient, but it sucks that they say "Hey, we'll insure you...if you keep it in the driveway"

But that it more awesome when I saw a Gallardo for sale recently with 95,000 miles. Wanted 40k (beyond reasonable). I wanted to visit and shake his hand for driving this car like you should.

Truthfully I would have bought a Porsche 944 a couple years ago if the guy hadn't backed out last minute. Extra points to anyone who feels me on this.

I do love Maserati - I haven't driven any since the split from Ferrari though, but the brand does seem to continue improving.

Uh, regarding backing out... There's a classic car from Japan that was recently made "legal" to own here because of the 25 year rule.
Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg

Not pretty to anyone but car nuts. But it was the most frustrating experience that ended up in failure. The companies importing them were complete dinguses, were impossible to have a conversation with and even shady because they demanded money up front before they even found a car to import. I also knew that when people brought them here, they'd sell them for a ridiculous premium that I wouldn't pay for. I was livid.

Also; Lexus SC because:

(fast forward to 40 seconds and that's Winged Scapula in a nut shell lol

Porsche Boxsters, Cayman and Cayenne's are poser cars. 911 Carrera's/Turbos and... omg GT3's are not poser cars. They're
I know, that was more in jest. Although I'm sure we all have a sense that a car's poser status really has more to do with the person driving it than anything else. The wrong person would be a poser in a Ford Focus. Whereas the right person could drive anything from a beater Miata to Pagani Zonda R and still be cool.

Reasons not to own an exotic sports car; insurance companies restrict your mileage driven per year. I'm dead serious, too. I'm sure some are more lenient, but it sucks that they say "Hey, we'll insure you...if you keep it in the driveway"

But that it more awesome when I saw a Gallardo for sale recently with 95,000 miles. Wanted 40k (beyond reasonable). I wanted to visit and shake his hand for driving this car like you should.

Oh I know. You can find packages out there that will work with you though. The guy that got me into the exotic and racing world owned several Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis, etc over the years. He drove them all the time, and took them all to the track and put them through the paces there as well. Everyone loved it. The mechanics at the dealerships all said his cars were the best running they've ever seen, even compared to the brand new cars with 100 miles on them. I hope to one day be one of those guys. Maybe when we have our rides we can get together do what they were built for.

Uh, regarding backing out... There's a classic car from Japan that was recently made "legal" to own here because of the 25 year rule.
Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg

Not pretty to anyone but car nuts. But it was the most frustrating experience that ended up in failure. The companies importing them were complete dinguses, were impossible to have a conversation with and even shady because they demanded money up front before they even found a car to import. I also knew that when people brought them here, they'd sell them for a ridiculous premium that I wouldn't pay for. I was livid.
I had heard about that, but never knew someone personally that actually looked into it. I'm angry about it for you just sitting here reading this.

Also; Lexus SC because:

:thumbup:

@Winged Scapula, hope your cat gets to come home soon! His couch poses are definitely meme quality haha! Our cat cost us over $3,500 a couple years ago. Thanks to her I know what pancytopenia w/dehydration and respiratory distress looks like in real life. Scared the living hell out of me. There was a good chance she wouldn't make it, but she's definitely a fighter with a strong will to live (you should have seen how bad she looked when we found her). As they say, you can take the cat out of the street, but you can't take the street out of the cat.

So... about that gunmetal. I don't think there has been quite enough GT-R discussion here. Newport Convertible Engineering in Cali does conversions, so I give you this beauty:

nce-gt-rconvertible-001-1.jpg

I think we're done here (imho)!

I know, that was more in jest. Although I'm sure we all have a sense that a car's poser status really has more to do with the person driving it than anything else. The wrong person would be a poser in a Ford Focus. Whereas the right person could drive anything from a beater Miata to Pagani Zonda R and still be cool.

Agreed. Which is why I'm no fan of BMW owners in general. The younger crowd just makes me want to vomit... the older crowd are definitely cool, though. It was hard to switch from owning a Subaru where everyone owning a Subaru waved to.... everyone with a 3 series bmw looking down on you even if you owned a BMW.

Oh I know. You can find packages out there that will work with you though. The guy that got me into the exotic and racing world owned several Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis, etc over the years. He drove them all the time, and took them all to the track and put them through the paces there as well. Everyone loved it. The mechanics at the dealerships all said his cars were the best running they've ever seen, even compared to the brand new cars with 100 miles on them. I hope to one day be one of those guys. Maybe when we have our rides we can get together do what they were built for.

Yup. Kinda why I wouldn't be against owning an exotic with higher miles; the person actually drove the car and can tell me about it. If someone has a car with only 1000 miles over 20 years, I have to ask how well you actually know the car other than how many times you detailed the exterior. I get that these cars are expensive to maintain, but come on.

I had heard about that, but never knew someone personally that actually looked into it. I'm angry about it for you just sitting here reading this.

The anger went away after I stopped looking for them lol. It did resurface when I saw them on sale for twice the price of what they paid for. Though, I'm honestly happy to know people have had success bringing them here and no issues w/ the government impounding them.

So... about that gunmetal. I don't think there has been quite enough GT-R discussion here. Newport Convertible Engineering in Cali does conversions, so I give you this beauty:

nce-gt-rconvertible-001-1.jpg

I think we're done here (imho)!

We already know the GT-R is the best damn car on the planet. I'm not a fan of the sticker price of a new one, but the used ones have more "realistic" prices.
On that note; am I the only one noticing the ridiculous inflation of car prices nowadays? BMW M3's (e46 2002-2006) were 46k base but now they're upwards of 65k. (And, yes, I'm familiar with inflation).

Also; @Winged Scapula hope your cat gets better WS!

Why are people making threads about my love? WHAT IS THIS?!

youll have to fight my other half for WS. :rofl:

I'll fight them to the death. You better not actually like your other half.

Plus, I called dibs, like, almost seven years ago. By the rules of dibs, it cannot be undone.

Reactions: 1 users
Porsche Boxsters, Cayman and Cayenne's are poser cars. 911 Carrera's/Turbos are not poser cars.

Exactly.

Also; Lexus SC because:

LOL. I remember that; I am the Terminatrix! Its a sleek little car that goes faster than people think.

Also; @Winged Scapula hope your cat gets better WS!

Thanks. I got him home last night. The sodium has normalized, his glucose is high normal, and BUN/Cr are coming down. They just couldn't get him to eat there, so the vet and I agreed that I could take him home on oral ABx, some lactulose to assist with clearing his colon of the stool, and subq fluids. I was right that he was stressed because I got him home and he ate within 10 minutes. He is much happier here; keeping me up all night purring in my ear. I know this is a slow slide into the end of his life, but hopefully we'll have many more months or even a few years, but at 17 with chronic renal failure I can't expect much. I found out from a friend that there is a local vet that do in home euthanasia if/when the time comes. I would much prefer him to die here rather than on a cold steel table.

@Winged Scapula, hope your cat gets to come home soon! His couch poses are definitely meme quality haha! Our cat cost us over $3,500 a couple years ago. Thanks to her I know what pancytopenia w/dehydration and respiratory distress looks like in real life. Scared the living hell out of me. There was a good chance she wouldn't make it, but she's definitely a fighter with a strong will to live (you should have seen how bad she looked when we found her). As they say, you can take the cat out of the street, but you can't take the street out of the cat.

My bill was nearly $4500 but worth it if you amortize over 17 years.

Ha ha...looks like a Transformer.

Instead of working out tonight, my trainer and I went to some dealers and an exotic rental car place down the street so I could see some of these cars up close. The Maserati GT is gorgeous (and even he had to admit it was); the SL550 has too many "sporty" details. I want a sports car, not a luxury car that looks sporty with fins and gills on it. However, I think the SL550 of a couple years ago is less offensive to my tastes. The Jaguar is nice and I might be able to tolerate the soft top, although as noted before, its really not my preference.

Why are people making threads about my love? WHAT IS THIS?!

That's what you get for disappearing for weeks/months at a time. Besides, you've always known there have been others. First it was "Bat Boy", then Hugh Grant, a few dozen others and well now, its Kaus.

I'd say there's enough of me to go around but there really isn't so I guess you and @Kaustikos will just have to duel for me.

That's what you get for disappearing for weeks/months at a time. Besides, you've always known there have been others. First it was "Bat Boy", then Hugh Grant, a few dozen others and well now, its Kaus.

I'd say there's enough of me to go around but there really isn't so I guess you and @Kaustikos will just have to duel for me.

I was working to put food on the table for US. Geeze :(

Bat Boy was our little secret, Hugh Grant is barely a man, the others I can ignore, but Kaus I cannot.

I suggest that Kaus chooses a method other than dueling with a rapier and/or pistols, as I was the gold medalist in the Turkish International Invitational in fencing and have won many a duel with single shot pistols during my time in Eastern Europe. If I were to suggest a method for him to not be at a disadvantage, it would be thumb wrestling.

Last edited:
Instead of working out tonight, my trainer and I went to some dealers and an exotic rental car place down the street so I could see some of these cars up close. The Maserati GT is gorgeous (and even he had to admit it was); the SL550 has too many "sporty" details. I want a sports car, not a luxury car that looks sporty with fins and gills on it. However, I think the SL550 of a couple years ago is less offensive to my tastes. The Jaguar is nice and I might be able to tolerate the soft top, although as noted before, its really not my preference.

Excellent! Now I'm sure you won't forget this, but you CANNOT forget to ACCESSORIZE!

Gloves: http://www.saferacer.com/alpinestars-2014-tech-1-zx-gloves
Suit: http://www.saferacer.com/alpinestars-2014-stella-gp-pro-suit
Helmet: http://www.saferacer.com/sparco-racing-wtx-9-air-fia-8860-auto-racing-helmet

And, of course:

SHOOOOOOZZZZ!!!! : http://www.saferacer.com/alpinestars-2015-tech-1-z-racing-shoes

Uh yes -- I totally agree with @fancymylotus . Those things are hideous and will never be touching my feet.
I figured, but it was worth a try. They are definitely more on the functional end of the spectrum than the form end. If you never take your car to the track you obviously won't be needing them. But if you do you may find yourself wanting a pair of driving shoes after a couple weekends. They are great for the fancy footwork you need on the track, and also give you great pedal feel. Plus, if your car catches fire, they'll give you a little extra time before your feet turn into toast.

Oh and P.S. I did the :uhno: in regards to @fancymylotus calling them soccer cleats. They aren't. :)

Last edited:
I figured, but it was worth a try. They are definitely more on the functional end of the spectrum than the form end. If you never take your car to the track you obviously won't be needing them. But if you do you may find yourself wanting a pair of driving shoes after a couple weekends. They are great for the fancy footwork you need on the track, and also give you great pedal feel. Plus, if your car catches fire, they'll give you a little extra time before your feet turn into toast.

Oh and P.S. I did the :uhno: in regards to @fancymylotus calling them soccer cleats. They aren't. :)
Yeah, I can't see myself taking my car to the track.

1) I am a fraidy-cat about driving on curves
2) I can drive very fast on a straightway out in the desert
3) My Manolos give me fancy footwork aplenty

LOL. I remember that; I am the Terminatrix! Its a sleek little car that goes faster than people think.

Truth. I was just never a fan of the body. But this is the guy who likes GTRs, so it's not like my opinion holds any weight.

Thanks. I got him home last night. The sodium has normalized, his glucose is high normal, and BUN/Cr are coming down. They just couldn't get him to eat there, so the vet and I agreed that I could take him home on oral ABx, some lactulose to assist with clearing his colon of the stool, and subq fluids. I was right that he was stressed because I got him home and he ate within 10 minutes. He is much happier here; keeping me up all night purring in my ear. I know this is a slow slide into the end of his life, but hopefully we'll have many more months or even a few years, but at 17 with chronic renal failure I can't expect much. I found out from a friend that there is a local vet that do in home euthanasia if/when the time comes. I would much prefer him to die here rather than on a cold steel table.

Ha ha...looks like a Transformer.
That just makes it even better.... imo

I don't duel. Unless it's with Cars, Super Smash Bros or who can correctly identify the mystery Scotch. Clearly I'm a talented individual.

I was working to put food on the table for US. Geeze :(

Bat Boy was our little secret, Hugh Grant is barely a man, the others I can ignore, but Kaus I cannot.

I suggest that Kaus chooses a method other than dueling with a rapier and/or pistols, as I was the gold medalist in the Turkish International Invitational in fencing and have won many a duel with single shot pistols during my time in Eastern Europe. If I were to suggest a method for him to not be at a disadvantage, it would be thumb wrestling.

Well, I never took up Rapier-ing (I'd say Raping, since that's also true). And pistols at dawn? Is there an auto-aim feature?

Regarding thumb wrestling...
I have been training

Vespas are just adorable donor cycles. Don't do it.

Right? I'm not gonna lie and say I don't run them over in GTA. Literally the easiest thing to hit (more so than pedestrians).

Yeah, I can't see myself taking my car to the track.

1) I am a fraidy-cat about driving on curves
2) I can drive very fast on a straightway out in the desert

What
Bugatti-Veyron-Crash-6.jpg

Could
images

Possibly
images

Go
images

Wrong
130850.JPG