Wisconsin C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin :( my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
No, that is not stupid. Since you already paid the app fee that sucks but at least you won't pay the supplemental fee. Never apply to a school you can't see yourself attending! For example, I didn't apply to any island schools because I knew I would not be happy living there.

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin :( my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
I don’t think that is a stupid reasoning, but I also think if you’ve made it this far, what does it hurt to submit the supplemental? I don’t know your situation as far as other schools that you’ve applied to or heard back from, but submitting the applications isn’t a legally binding contract but it at least increases your options. Say you get to April, are accepted to Wisconsin, and decide not to go, you still had the freedom to make that decision. My personal opinion, it’s better to make the decision to say no than to regret it later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure where else you've applied. It all comes down to how confident you feel about getting in to Cornell, LIU, or Tufts (chose the schools closest to NYC). If the supplemental fee is minimal, I'd go ahead and do it. Best case scenario is that you get in closer to home and you have the option of declining Wisconsin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean you already paid the VMCAS fee, why not? But I get not wanting to waste another $60

Why does Wisconsin take forever to let students know if they get in? I submitted my supplemental and got an email saying I won’t know until end of March 2024

Reactions: 1 user
Why does Wisconsin take forever to let students know if they get in? I submitted my supplemental and got an email saying I won’t know until end of March 2024
Last year we were on a similar timeline (supp was due 12/9) and we heard back 2/15

this is a dumb question but does UW track? and are they traditional 3+1?

Hey, I just noticed that for the experiences section of the supplemental application it says to provide the "dates" for the additional experiences we got. Did everyone actually provide that? I just gave the number of hours

Hey, I just noticed that for the experiences section of the supplemental application it says to provide the "dates" for the additional experiences we got. Did everyone actually provide that? I just gave the number of hours
I gave a rough estimate of dates for mine, but most were opportunities ongoing through my employment so I said it as Sept. 2023- Dec. 2023 and described it as ongoing.

Have you already paid the VMCAS fee for Wisconsin? I think it's still worth it to submit the supplemental for the fact that we've spent so much money already applying to other schools, and for another 60$, it's a drop in the bucket for our futures. From my point of view, the results from my application to Wisconsin may ease my mind because if I get accepted to Wisconsin OOS, then my application might be pretty strong, and I would feel confident in my other applications to other schools. However, if I get denied, it ain't the end of the world because Wisconsin is, in my opinion, one of the TOP schools so they're picking the absolute creme-de-la-creme.

I was going to submit the supplemental today but didn't know that it was due 4 pm. Should I email them or just give up?

I was going to submit the supplemental today but didn't know that it was due 4 pm. Should I email them or just give up?
Worth a try to email, they always got back to me pretty quickly every time I emailed

Anyone know if they release decisions early than they said. End of March is really far away and I’m just on the edge of my seat

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they release decisions early than they said. End of March is really far away and I’m just on the edge of my seat

I got a rejection email February 15th last year so yes it’ll probably be sooner

this is a dumb question but does UW track? and are they traditional 3+1?
Hi there! I’m a current second year student at UW Madison. The program is a 3+1 and they do not track, however your 4th year, clinical year, will be more catered to your interests (large animal, small animal, mixed, food production etc.) I know the curriculum is completely changing for the class of 2029, but the class of 2028 should be the same as it currently is. I believe our brand new veterinary hospital is opening this spring as far as other changes go. If you have any other questions let me know :)

How do we send transcript to them? I'm confused on who to send it to parchment

How do we send transcript to them? I'm confused on who to send it to parchment

In the email they provided their email address to send the pdf version or you can send a mailed one if that’s the only option. I sent it to the email and they previewed it.

In the email they provided their email address to send the pdf version or you can send a mailed one if that’s the only option. I sent it to the email and they previewed it.
So I can download my transcript and just email it? Some schools don't allow that so just wanted to double check!

So I can download my transcript and just email it? Some schools don't allow that so just wanted to double check!

No, they have an email you send it to like via parchment you can put in individual sender i believe and then input their email. I can send screenshots tomorrow if you can’t find it! Still send through parchment.

No, they have an email you send it to like via parchment you can put in individual sender i believe and then input their email. I can send screenshots tomorrow if you can’t find it! Still send through parchment.
would you mind sending me screenshots! thank you!!

I'm assuming the fall transcript needs to have all of the fall 2023 classes grades right... I'm freaking out because one of my professors still has not uploaded the marks and he told me that there are no promises it'll be up by Jan 15. I reached out to the admission team but have heard no responses yet... Do y'all think I should just send it with one missing class if no one gets back to me

Do they notify us that they received all the transcripts submitted?

I think that I should have taken their value on academics a little more seriously when I applied. Looking at the 2027 applicant stats as a non 3.9/4.0 OOS student. Oopsies.

Do they notify us that they received all the transcripts submitted?
Did you send them via Parchment? Parchment sent me an email when they were received by the Office of Academic Affairs as well as an additional email when they viewed it.

Looking through the postings, it looks like decisions are Feb 15ish? Or is everyone thinking March? This is SO long.

Looking through the postings, it looks like decisions are Feb 15ish? Or is everyone thinking March? This is SO long.
Right? Why does a month seem so far away? :rofl:

I will be irrationally checking my email 10x a day come February! Haha

Reactions: 1 users
This is my last hope, all my other schools I got denied from. I already plan to reapply next year since this was my first time. I’m just hoping for the best

This is my last hope, all my other schools I got denied from. I already plan to reapply next year since this was my first time. I’m just hoping for the best

I feel you. I’m waiting on this school and my IS (Ohio). Good luck to us both!

My son CO 2026 received his acceptance email 02/21/2022 . . .

Looks like they sent out decisions last year on the 15th, hopefully this week 🤞

Emails were sent Wednesday 2/15 at 2:17ET last year

Reactions: 2 users
Between this and OSU and this I feel like imma pass out lmao

• Care
These last couple of decisions have been the most stressful to me lol. I just have 3 left to hear back from and I'm checking my email and SDN all the time.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
These last couple of decisions have been the most stressful to me lol. I just have 3 left to hear back from and I'm checking my email and SDN all the time.
Ugh yesss. I’m waiting to hear back from Wisconsin, tOSU, Mississippi State. I’m waitlisted for Kansas state and LIU

I swear it’s become my whole life flip-flopping between the two. Like c’mon please put me out of my misery

Reactions: 3 users
seriously!!! this is my last school to hear from and it's been so stressful. I'm waitlisted at Davis and UF so this wait is killing me.. please Wisconsin pull through 😭

This is my IS school and I only applied to UW, being a non-trad student it’s the only way it’s going to work out in my life 😅 this is it for me, I just want to know either way!

There is no portal right? They'll send decisions directly within the email?

Fingers crossed for today... I'm supposed to be hearing back from a few schools in "mid February" so prob this week but still waiting waiting waiting...

Reactions: 4 users
Fingers crossed for today... I'm supposed to be hearing back from a few schools in "mid February" so prob this week but still waiting waiting waiting...
I’ve too been hoping today would be the day!!

Last edited:
  • Love