Would Heisenberg get into medical school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Great White Buffalo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few threads mention the binge watching of Breaking Bad during this application cycle. One of my all time favorite guilty pleasures.

Question, with all the mental abilities of Walter White, could he pull off getting into medical school??
Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Heck, yeah! Well of course if that was back in the day before his meth adventure.

Walt was brilliant, so of course he would be able to make the grades for med school lol...and I'd imagine he'd ace the MCAT.

Heck, yeah! Well of course if that was back in the day before his meth adventure.

Walt was brilliant, so of course he would be able to make the grades for med school lol...and I'd imagine he'd ace the MCAT.
Given his ability to skirt authorities, I bet he could fake it even after the the meth adventure.
Heck, he fooled the DEA brother in law for a few seasons!! That series was priceless, as his Heisenberg was truly scary.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Saul would get him in

Reactions: 18 users
Could Heisenberg get into medical school?

Let's just say it's uncertain.

Reactions: 33 users
Heisenberg would not get accepted to medical school for the following reasons...

1) he is unhinged
2) due to his age, the length of training until autonomous practice, and his health conditions, ADCOMS would likely wonder if his application/attendance in medical school is anything more than just an intellectual exercise.

He's got a PhD from Caltech, so definitely. He was also a teacher, so that takes care of the touchy feely part of his app. As long as his Certiphi comes back clean...

Reactions: 8 users
Walter White, the ultimate non-traditional applicant: PhD, entreprenuer, years of service as a High School Chemistry Teacher, taking a Jesse under his wing as a mentor. He's checked all the boxes.

Reactions: 8 users
He's got a PhD from Caltech, so definitely. He was also a teacher, so that takes care of the touchy feely part of his app. As long as his Certiphi comes back clean...
Never got caught, the background check would come back clean. Saul would make sure of it with his vacuum cleaner guy!!

Walter White, the ultimate non-traditional applicant: PhD, entreprenuer, years of service as a High School Chemistry Teacher, taking a Jesse under his wing as a mentor. He's checked all the boxes.

He was also a Car Wash Professional!

Reactions: 5 users
lol, actually Saul would get him in. Probably take $100K and get him a Caribbean diploma the next day. "I know a guy who knows a guy..."

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gawd I miss this show :'( But, Better Call Saul starts this fall on amc :D

I'm visiting ABQ soon and will visit some filming locations.

cartoon.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Gus would give him a terrible LOR.

Reactions: 1 users
Gus would give him a terrible LOR.

Yeah but his colleagues from Grey Matter would write him phenomenal recommendation letters, as would that supa-fine principal of the high school he teaches at.

Hook it up with some Pollos Hermanos.

Did you know that the guy who plays Ehrmantraut was in an episode of Parks & Rec?

Yeah but his colleagues from Grey Matter would write him phenomenal recommendation letters, as would that supa-fine principal of the high school he teaches at.

I don't think Gretchen and Elliot were all that happy with Walt by the end of the show.

Walt could probably only get a good LOR from Skinny Pete and Badger.

Heisenberg:
Class profile.
GPA.: 4.0 cGPA sGPA 4.0
MCAT:40
EC: I produced one of the biggest corporations in the world that gives people the ability to get their medicine in a better distributive way.
High school teacher for a few years
Professional tutor and baby sitter for Jessie
: Favorite hobbies
cooking*, integrating business associates with my explosive, I mean cool trading practices.

Wait, wouldn't he go to pharm school? He would be the best gunner ever in pharm school.

Last edited:

Is it written by the same person? I hope it lives up to BrBa, it would be a shame if this became like that spin off season of Scrubs.

Matching into Derm would certainly make laundering all that money easier than doing it through a carwash.

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 12.17.01 AM.png

trust me you can go anywhere in ABQ and you can rest assure that that location is in one of the movies. for instance: have you seen We are the Millers? thats ABQ airport, I got so excited seeing the airport, specifically AA terminal, and Sandia mountain in the back....

Don't forget the "I was so inspired by the dedicated physicians who cared for me when I was sick and I want to be just like them in bringing hope to patients who are afraid and uncertain." It is amazing that I haven't developed diabetes with all the sap and sugar I've been exposed to in PSs.

Reactions: 19 users
Heisenberg:
Class profile.
GPA.: 4.0 cGPA sGPA 4.0
MCAT:40
EC: I produced one of the biggest corporations in the world that gives people the ability to get their medicine in a better distributive way.
High school teacher for a few years
Professional tutor and baby sitter for Jessie
: Favorite hobbies
cooking*, integrating business associates with my explosive, I mean cool trading practices.

You forgot "carpentry, woodworking, and home improvement" categorized as "artistic endeavors"

@LabratABQ and I will help you out!!
Awesome! I've been to ABQ once before and really, really liked it. This was pre-BrBa too lol.
I was in Rio Rancho, so Sandia was right there!

Better Call Saul will be done by Gilligan again, so it's the same geniuses. Though, they're saying it will have a lighter tone, it's a prequel and rumors say that Gus and Mike will make appearances. I'm curious to hear Saul's past.

Don't forget the "I was so inspired by the dedicated physicians who cared for me when I was sick and I want to be just like them in bringing hope to patients who are afraid and uncertain." It is amazing that I haven't developed diabetes with all the sap and sugar I've been exposed to in PSs.
Considering I have a personal experience similar to that but a million times less sappy...have you ever had a PS with that kind of topic that doesn't come off that way?

Awesome! I've been to ABQ once before and really, really liked it. This was pre-BrBa too lol.
I was in Rio Rancho, so Sandia was right there!

Better Call Saul will be done by Gilligan again, so it's the same geniuses. Though, they're saying it will have a lighter tone, it's a prequel and rumors say that Gus and Mike will make appearances. I'm curious to hear Saul's past.

ya its kinda hard to miss the mountain. Its kinda big hahahhha i mean really big....

You been to El Pinto? I love them green chiles...
u into Mexican food? cause El Pinto is for beginners...lol I can recommend a few places.

OH YOU KNOW GREEN CHILES!!! wow impressive....funny street name for weed is green chili as well lol

u into Mexican food? cause El Pinto is for beginners...lol I can recommend a few places.
****, being Texan...Mexican is in our blood lol. Please do so!

****, being Texan...Mexican is in our blood lol. Please do so!
hm Texan and Mexican? tryin' to compete with the land that used to belong to Mexico and we borrowed it for like ever? hence the name New Mexico-
Nuevo Méjico, cant get more Mexican than that...
hahahha. I love TX though. what are u into? into tripes, intestines....or just the New Mexican food?

hm Texan and Mexican? tryin' to compete with the land that used to belong to Mexico and we borrowed it for like ever? hence the name New Mexico-
hahahha. I love TX though. what are u into? into tripes, intestines....or just the New Mexican food?
haha I meant to say that Mexican food is in our blood :p

and I really like NM food..and I prefer REAL Mexican or close to that over the TexMex varieties too.

haha I meant to say that Mexican food is in our blood :p

and I really like NM food..and I prefer REAL Mexican or close to that over the TexMex varieties too.

alrighty then, my friend. I shall introduce you to some pretty authentic, hole in the wall places that they dont even speak English and you have to use Google translate to order. But then the food gonna blow your mind away, you gonna wanna come back for more...

Umm, what about Mejico?

Heisenberg would not get accepted to medical school for the following reasons...

1) he is unhinged
2) due to his age, the length of training until autonomous practice, and his health conditions, ADCOMS would likely wonder if his application/attendance in medical school is anything more than just an intellectual exercise.

No love for my spot-on analysis? @LizzyM, might you weigh in on this? Does my interpretation seem accurate?

You forgot to add beating cancer's butt since day uno.

No love for my spot-on analysis? @LizzyM, might you weigh in on this? Does my interpretation seem accurate?
Truth be told, I never got past season 1, episode 2.... when would he have applied (which season)? He might have had enough of a hook in his application that a school that likes "non-trads" would jump on him. At some point he did become unhinged (I kept up with the story although I didn't watch), early on he might have been an interesting applicant and he might have interviewed well. (Even unhinged he might have fooled some adcoms as he fooled his brother-in-law for so long).