Would you eat a poop hot dog to gain admission to your first choice school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you eat a poop hot dog to get into your first choice school?

• Yes

Votes: 2,011 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,168 36.7%

• Total voters
This is the best thread in the history of threads. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Can we turn this into a "would you rather...." to get into med school game?

Like would you rather eat a poop hotdog or get herpes to get into your top school :O?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm honestly amazed that less than 60% of people voted yes.

I voted yes, for the record. Although I got in without eating a hot dog poop. But 6 months ago? **** man sign me up.

For me it would have to depend on what the poop origin was... are we talking human or animal or what?

First time reading this thread, all I have to say is OMG!

Can we turn this into a "would you rather...." to get into med school game?

Like would you rather eat a poop hotdog or get herpes to get into your top school :O?

Hotdog, and it's not even close. Those are too far apart.

How about "poop hotdog or taking one punch in the face"?

or "poop hotdog or take a kick to the groin"?

lolwat you equate eating a poop hotdog to getting punched in the face once?

After the first few rejections started to destroy my self-esteem, 90 seconds of misery and disgust would have totally been worth 4 years of bliss along with all that glorious prestige I'd be rolling around in.

:confused: You guys wouldn't eat one just for fun?

They could do a really awful version of The Amazing Race with pre-meds where they have to drink Kopi Luwak coffee (maybe by smell like they did with teas), bungee jump, mud wrestle each other, enter a Japanese game show, slurp weisswurst or chug a boot on the apple wine express, eat white and black pudding and haggis or finish a maze in mary king's close in the dark, sleep in a haunted castle after playing resident evil.... then choose between a million dollars OR admission to med school.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just for clarification, do you have to swallow? What if you regurgitate?

but getting punched is? Sure, kick me in the groin. I'm a girl after all. :p

I believe the "puke or finish" rule applies here. Similar to challenges of the alcohol variety.

then it wouldn't be eating it, gots to go all the way down or no go. Just like any food challenge.

i think neither of those comparisons sound really equal. But if you modified it...like eat a poop hotdog or take a kick in the groin from Sebastian Janikowski 45 yards out...then you're more on equal footing IMO.

i think neither of those comparisons sound really equal. But if you modified it...like eat a poop hotdog or take a kick in the groin from Sebastian Janikowski 45 yards out...then you're more on equal footing IMO.

this.
+1:thumbup:

Had I not already been accepted, yes. There, I said it.

Figure I'd give this classic thread a bump now that the new application cycle has started :)

I'd probably do it. People have eaten worse things and lived.

Also, it depends: will others know that I ate the poop hotdog? If so, probably not.

If it's May with no acceptances and a few waitlists...yeah probably.

haha is this even a question? of COURSE i would, i've done worse things for less. :laugh:

Only if there is chili on top

PetesChiliDog2.jpg

well, don't just sit there

actually, a related story:

freshman year, i lived in this hippie-dorm with a large weed-smoking contingent. one day over lunch, one of these hare krishna guys announced that he was curious to know what **** tasted like, and invited any of us to come and watch. well, over the course of the week he talked himself up, and at the end of the week he got really high and drunk, bought a hamburger bun, and took it with him to the bathroom. we stood around waiting at a parking lot, but he came back after 20 minutes or so and said he couldn't produce anything. now unluckily for him, there was this one hairy-***** persian mofo who volunteered and within 5 minutes, produced this half-foot, 2-inch diameter turd. he handed the poop burger to the poor sucker, and we proceeded to watch him eat it.

the dude didn't last long. after two bites, he threw up.
moral of the story? don't make friends with people who'll call your bluff.

The things people do :laugh:

He can count himself lucky that he didn't swallow, he would've been stricken with blood poisoning and died.

This is an easy NO.

Not willing to let myself be literally shat on for an MD. I think a better question would be "would you let R. Kelly pee on you to get into your top choice medical school?" I'd say no to the latter as well.

This is an easy NO.

Not willing to let myself be literally shat on for an MD. I think a better question would be "would you let R. Kelly pee on you to get into your top choice medical school?" I'd say no to the latter as well.

I'd probably do it. Well It also depends where he pee's on me. :confused:

I'd rather let him pee on me than eat a poop hotdog, actually. It almost doesn't even matter where. Almost.

freshman year, i lived in this hippie-dorm with a large weed-smoking contingent. one day over lunch, one of these hare krishna guys announced that he was curious to know what **** tasted like, and invited any of us to come and watch. well, over the course of the week he talked himself up, and at the end of the week he got really high and drunk, bought a hamburger bun, and took it with him to the bathroom. we stood around waiting at a parking lot, but he came back after 20 minutes or so and said he couldn't produce anything. now unluckily for him, there was this one hairy-***** persian mofo who volunteered and within 5 minutes, produced this half-foot, 2-inch diameter turd. he handed the poop burger to the poor sucker, and we proceeded to watch him eat it.

I want to throw up just reading this.

....dafuq?

:barf: :barf: :barf: :whoa:

well, don't just sit there

Scrolling down and seeing the top of that hot dog first kinda scared me.

Persian people make big poops. It's a fact - I read about it in a Harvard study I found in Nature. Mhm.

Also, has it been decided if it's our poop or someone else's? If someone else then who? The adcoms? A significant other? Will the poop be tested beforehand?

These are all questions I need answered before I can make an informed decision.

And now we can all see how crazy the doctors of tomorrow really are..... ;)

More like forward thinking. Its a ****ing 30 seconds of horrible discomfort for a lifetime of prestige. HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL YEAH!

Lawd, the things I would do to get into Geffen...

Would gobble it down if I was somehow sure I wouldn't contract any diseases from eating it.