WVSOM 2010 Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
briannarenee316 said:
ooh, like paris france? i LOVE that place!

lol... no poofy shoulders, but its pretty ugly nonetheless... im sure i will never wear it again... unless of course, i wear it for the white coat ceremony.... :)

Oh, and yes, Paris France. I went to years ago, and I've been dying to get back ever since. I could use a week of just hanging out at Montmartre before school starts. We'll just have to see how much money Site59.Com can can knock off the $1,700 air fare.

Members don't see this ad.

RedSoxDO said:
Oh, and yes, Paris France. I went to years ago, and I've been dying to get back ever since. I could use a week of just hanging out at Montmartre before school starts. We'll just have to see how much money Site59.Com can can knock off the $1,700 air fare.

golly, you are so lucky! make sure you take lots of pictures so you can show us all when we get to school...

briannarenee316 said:
golly, you are so lucky! make sure you take lots of pictures so you can show us all when we get to school...

what happening everyone?! So your going to paris!!! I had the best time when I went. Is this your first time? If so don't forget to go to montemarte (sp?) and try the crepte (again sp ?) Have a blast!!

I will be looking for that brides maid dress in the anatomy lab!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy everyone...

Just wondering if anyone has match results from WVSOM for any of the last couple years?
I have called the office like 10 times(!!) and they have promised to send them to me, but so far... they have not been forthcoming...
so just wondering if any of you guys had them?

Thanks!!

Paris is beautiful! Make sure if you go to Montmarte visit Sacre Couer and the Salvador Dali exhibit. Both are incredible! Note, the view at night of the city is breathtaking on the steps leading to Sacre Couer.

SK8DOC said:
Paris is beautiful! Make sure if you go to Montmarte visit Sacre Couer and the Salvador Dali exhibit. Both are incredible! Note, the view at night of the city is breathtaking on the steps leading to Sacre Couer.
I certainly will. I was there two years ago, and I loved it. This time I mostly, I want to find bistros where the locals eat, visit the Musee D'Orsay and relax. Of course, that's if I can somehow find affordable airfare.

Hey guys!!!! Today's my birthday!!!!
I am 25!!!!!!

Bumandme said:
Hey guys!!!! Today's my birthday!!!!
I am 25!!!!!!

HH HH
HH HH AA PPPPPPP PPPPPPP YY YY
HH HH AAAA PP PP PP PP YY YY
HHHHHHH AA AA PP PP PP PP YY YY
HHHHHHH AA AA PPPPPPP PPPPPPP YYYYY
HH HH AAAAAAAAA PP PP YY
HH HH AA AA PP PP YY
HH HH AA AA PP PP YY

BBBBBBB
BB BB
BB BB
BBBBBBBB DDDDDD AA YY YY
BB BB ==== DD DD AAAA YY YY
BB BB ==== DD DD AA AA YY YY
BB BB DD DD AA AA YYYYY
BB BB DD DD AAAAAAAAA YY
BB BB DD DD AA AA YY
BBBBBBBB DDDDDDD AA AA YY

Congratulations. You can now rent a car without a massive surchage

RedSoxDO said:

HH HH
HH HH AA PPPPPPP PPPPPPP YY YY
HH HH AAAA PP PP PP PP YY YY
HHHHHHH AA AA PP PP PP PP YY YY
HHHHHHH AA AA PPPPPPP PPPPPPP YYYYY
HH HH AAAAAAAAA PP PP YY
HH HH AA AA PP PP YY
HH HH AA AA PP PP YY

BBBBBBB
BB BB
BB BB
BBBBBBBB DDDDDD AA YY YY
BB BB ==== DD DD AAAA YY YY
BB BB ==== DD DD AA AA YY YY
BB BB DD DD AA AA YYYYY
BB BB DD DD AAAAAAAAA YY
BB BB DD DD AA AA YY
BBBBBBBB DDDDDDD AA AA YY

Congratulations. You can now rent a car without a massive surchage
Man, that so didn't work out. I looked good when I typed it up.

RedSoxDO said:
Man, that so didn't work out. I looked good when I typed it up.

happy birthday!!!! hope you have a good one!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am almost sure I am going to WVSOM.. and its been good times to read all of your posts!!! .. but I can't access the start date online or anywhere else for that matter.... anybody want to fill me in?

I believe smart start or orientation... whatever it's being called starts August 7th.

Megalofyia said:
I believe smart start or orientation... whatever it's being called starts August 7th.

Muchas Gracias!

Has anyone been on the WVSOM website lately? They updated the design and I don't like it. You can't access the housing directory, any of the policies or handbooks, the calender, class photos, the list goes on. You think they would have tested it before it went "live."

simpy2000 said:
Has anyone been on the WVSOM website lately? They updated the design and I don't like it. You can't access the housing directory, any of the policies or handbooks, the calender, class photos, the list goes on. You think they would have tested it before it went "live."
Actually, it's not too surprising. I've been a software developer for many years, and I've done some web sites. Most companies don't realize they've forgotten huge pieces of a website or application until after they've gone live. I'm sure they did test. The website comes up. It looks good. Go ahead, flip the switch.

so has everyone received the financial aid email with all the lenders. i'm kind of confused with it all. isn't a GradPlus loan the same, you just have your option of lenders? anyone have any tips or anything?

theresa83 said:
so has everyone received the financial aid email with all the lenders. i'm kind of confused with it all. isn't a GradPlus loan the same, you just have your option of lenders? anyone have any tips or anything?

Im pretty sure the gradplus loan is the same for all the lenders.... so in actuality it shouldn't really matter who you pick, unless you need to take out an additional private loan, which i didn't need to do.
i picked Access group because you can access your account online, which not all of them had (as far as i could tell)

theresa83 said:

Yea, I think most companies will be the same for the GradPlus loan (8.5%). All have to charge the 3% origination fee and 1% guarantee fee. The T.H.E. charges it due to federal law, yet they credit it back to your account within 3-6 months (so you really don't have to pay it with them). They are the only companies I've seen that does that.

Happy Birthday to our favorite songwriter and WVSOM guru, Richie Truxillo :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the warm birthday wishes JohnUC, but...

my birthday is actually July 14th! LOL :p Tomorrow is COMLEX day for me though...I'm SO EXCITED! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I'll check back here tomorrow and let ya'll know
-Richie

Richie Truxillo said:
Thanks for the warm birthday wishes JohnUC, but...

my birthday is actually July 14th! LOL :p Tomorrow is COMLEX day for me though...I'm SO EXCITED! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I'll check back here tomorrow and let ya'll know
-Richie

Oops...lol. I was just going off what the SDN B-day list said. Well, happy early b-day. Kick that COMLEX's butt!!!

How many bedroom does each Woodland Akers apartment have? What is the monthly rent? Thanks.

FutureDocDO said:
How many bedroom does each Woodland Akers apartment have? What is the monthly rent? Thanks.

hey...2 bedrooms/2 stories and the montly rent is $550/month w/o utilities. Cute apartments....i've seen pics.

The only utility you have to pay for is electricity at Woodland Akers. Plus it's only .3 miles from the school so you can walk and that means spending less on gas money.

With the new page update, I'm having trouble accessing the page that contains my checklist, the health forms, and my email address/password. Could anybody help me with that.

Megalofyia said:
The only utility you have to pay for is electricity at Woodland Akers. Plus it's only .3 miles from the school so you can walk and that means spending less on gas money.

Does anyone have the number for Woodlawn Akers? I thought they were sold out.

RedSoxDO said:
Does anyone have the number for Woodlawn Akers? I thought they were sold out.
Easy enough since I live here in Lewisburg. The number is 304-645-4403.

TrumpsMom said:
Easy enough since I live here in Lewisburg. The number is 304-645-4403.

Hi, i just graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign with a BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology with a 3.15. I got a 30P on my MCAT and have volunteered and worked at a couple places. What do you think my chances of geting in DO schools would be and which ones would anyone recommend. Im from illinois to

thanks for all your help..sorry for the random post, but I just need some help, thanks once again

turbo40 said:
Hi, i just graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign with a BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology with a 3.15. I got a 30P on my MCAT and have volunteered and worked at a couple places. What do you think my chances of geting in DO schools would be and which ones would anyone recommend. Im from illinois to

You definitely have a good chance to get into a DO school. I would recommend WVSOM... I hear it is a great place :D :D :D
No but seriously it is. I was so impressed when I went there for my interview. I have to admit it was not initially one of my top choices, but after I visited, I loved it. Everyone there was SO SUPER FRIENDLY, that I really feel it will be a great environment to live and learn and study in.

All I would say now is to apply early, and look on here at the interview questions people have posted and practice them. The interviews are really not hard, but it always help if you have some idea of what the interviewers will ask you so that you are not fumbling around for an answer, but rather look well prepared and confident in yourself.
Good luck! If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to pm me and I will try to help out.

JohnUC33 said:
With the new page update, I'm having trouble accessing the page that contains my checklist, the health forms, and my email address/password. Could anybody help me with that.

here is the link...

http://wvsom.edu/applicants/admissions/AppCheckStatus.cfm

or the "directions"

Go under "click for full menu" on the top, and then go to "how to apply"
then on the side bar, "resources for current applicants"

that should get you there :D

Yikes, our new website is a friggin mess hehe and I thought the last remake was bad.

I felt pretty bad coming out of the COMLEX today...but then I talked to my study partner who's taking it on Saturday and rattled off like 60 of the questions I wasn't sure about. Got them all right except one (ya get a dilutional hyponatremia with ascities! dangit!) so now I feel like I might have done pretty well. The stress just gets to ya.

Megalofyia will take care of you people in Woodland Akers. :p Hope one of you get the highly coveted apartment #34.

Richie Truxillo said:
I felt pretty bad coming out of the COMLEX today...but then I talked to my study partner who's taking it on Saturday and rattled off like 60 of the questions I wasn't sure about. Got them all right except one (ya get a dilutional hyponatremia with ascities! dangit!) so now I feel like I might have done pretty well. The stress just gets to ya.

Hi Richie,

Was this the COMLEX 1 or 2 did you just take?

Sorry whenever people post about things like that I get nervous! :)
I hope you will do well.

I just got a phone call from them, and an apartment opened up for me. Does anyone have any pictures of them?

It was COMLEX 1.

pictures of apartments... hmmm

apartment1.jpg

apartment2.jpg

apartment3.jpg

apartment4.jpg

Now take Richie's apartment and make it clean and reverse it, cause I have the mirror image, and that's how an aptarment should look. ;)
I dont have any pics of my place and I'm not in West Virginia at the moment but I can say that mostly I really like living in Woodland Akers and I wouldnt change it. It's close to the school and the apartments give you more than enough space.

p.s. For those of you moving in across from the R.C. Byrd clinic your places will be done in time. As I was leaving they were bringing in the first story. Its actually pretty cool to see them quickly build these buildings as much as I hate that they are destroying my view and my cave.

Just wondering, for you guys who are already there, where you got furniture in/around lewisburg.... Since i am coming from CA i won't be bringing any with me and will need to get it all there...
thanks!
and happy weekend!!

Hey guys- just checking in. I haven't posted in a lonnng while. Just graduated college then a week later headed off to bootcamp for the Navy, and I'm still there. It's quite an experiance, pretty tough but it'll be nothing compared to next year i bet! Sorry I haven't posted too much but when I get the chance I gain a great deal of info from reading what you all have to say..so thanks :)

Just a quick one- on the "resources for current applicants" I can't seem to remember what the user name/ password is. Does anyone remember? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bye guys!

trish10 said:
Hey guys- just checking in. I haven't posted in a lonnng while. Just graduated college then a week later headed off to bootcamp for the Navy, and I'm still there. It's quite an experiance, pretty tough but it'll be nothing compared to next year i bet! Sorry I haven't posted too much but when I get the chance I gain a great deal of info from reading what you all have to say..so thanks :)

Just a quick one- on the "resources for current applicants" I can't seem to remember what the user name/ password is. Does anyone remember? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bye guys!

Hey Trish, it's a good sign you have survived so far. I think I am signing with the army. I won't have to do any training before school starts( :thumbup: ), but before next summer comes I better start getting back into shape. Let me know when you get back. Good luck!

trish10 said:
It's your SS# (no hyphen) and your date of birth, mmddyy.

Xclone- we will have some interesting conversations about bootcamp when I get back (The waking up at 345 am everyday is killing me though)! It's an experiance thats for sure, but the people I have met are incredible, so just like next year, we all pull eachother through it ;)

Futuredoc- Thanks for the help with the login, but it still won't let me in. Guess I've been excommunicated- so good luck next year! Haha- I actually emailed both Jayme Bograd and the help desk about it, so hopefully we'll work it out.

Enjoy your summer everyone- see you sooner than we believe :)

Hey I have an odd question--- what is the dress code for class? what about for clinic (anotherwords when around patients???) I know this is a wierd quesiton but I finally have money to buy clothes and I want to get the run down.
Thanks guys!

Bumandme said:
Hey I have an odd question--- what is the dress code for class? what about for clinic (anotherwords when around patients???) I know this is a wierd quesiton but I finally have money to buy clothes and I want to get the run down.
Thanks guys!

im pretty sure i read in the student handbook that you aren't allowed to wear shorts or scrubs to class..
other than that it wasn't too specific....

briannarenee316 said:
im pretty sure i read in the student handbook that you aren't allowed to wear shorts or scrubs to class..
other than that it wasn't too specific....

Yea, the handbook says stuff like no shorts, hats, or gym clothes to class..lol. When interviewed and sat in on class, I saw all of the above in regular class. So I guess the stuff in the handbook is whats recommended or something?

JohnUC33 said:
Yea, the handbook says stuff like no shorts, hats, or gym clothes to class..lol. When interviewed and sat in on class, I saw all of the above in regular class. So I guess the stuff in the handbook is whats recommended or something?

I asked one of the students at lunch about the dress code and he said that they were pretty relaxed at WVSOM. He said students wear just about anything to class, but when seeing patients, they have to dress in nice clothes.