WW: Mysterious Planet Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the middle of the Whirlpool Galaxy, lies a mysterious planet named Halldóra. For thousands of years, the creatures that reside on Halldóra have lived in harmony. These benevolent creatures assist one another and work in unison to overcome the many obstacles that Halldóra presents for its residents. Halldóra is a rather strange planet. The planet’s atmosphere is made up almost entirely of sulfur and its terrain changes randomly over time. Within the blink of any eye, Halldóra can turn from a lush, beautiful forest filled with streams to a hot, blistering scorching desert to frozen tundra with beautiful aurora lights dancing above to a foggy, moist mysterious swamp. Each creature that resides on Halldóra has a specific terrain it considers home, where it feels safe. When the mysterious planet is not within a creatures’ specific home terrain the other benevolent creatures have taken to helping each other feel safe and comfortable in the strange terrain. Halldóra is a rather peaceful planet to live on. There are some creatures that care only about themselves but they have never hurt nor harmed anyone, however they can be reluctant to help out. Suddenly, all of this starts to change. The planet is taking a shift from being a safe, comforting planet filled with benevolent creatures to a place to fear. Strange creatures have suddenly surfaced on the planet, most likely coming from other planets on the space cameras that have been studying Halldóra over the years. These creatures are not benevolent and threaten to permanently change Halldóra into a fearful, terrifying place.

The first sign that something is amiss is when the benevolent creatures awaken to find one of their most protective and resourceful allies dead, brutally murdered. There is nothing that has ever lived on this planet previously that could have done this. As the creatures mourn for the loss of their friend, one of the benevolent creatures step forward and says, “We are going to have to work together to bring down these malevolent invaders. The only way Halldóra will ever be at peace again is to discover who the invaders are and kill them. I suggest that we nominate one creature from each terrain to lead us. This will provide us with four leaders, each one having the knowledge of a different terrain.” The benevolent creatures of Halldóra nod in agreement. They know that if they do nothing the malevolent invaders will slowly kill them off one by one and so they begin to decide on which creatures should guide/lead for each one of the terrains…

Please nominate one person from each terrain type (forest, desert, tundra or swamp) to be a leader. Ex: Pick a player from either the Locke Forest or the Montego forest to be the forest group leader. Forest groups can only vote for the forest leader, etc, etc. There will be a total of 4 leaders. Please make you vote in Bold or in ***elect ksmi, forest***. Please indicate which terrain the vote is for as well to make it easier to tally. The leaders will be able to communicate amongst each other and will also break up any ties that may occur. The leader that will break the tie will be the one who resides in the terrain that the mysterious planet is in during that day cycle.

Today (Day 1) the mysterious planet has taken on the form of a marshy, fog-filled, sticky swamp. Voting ends at 7PM PST. Also, start sending in night time actions. Night will close at 9PM PST. The mysterious planet will stay in the same form the full day/night cycle.

View attachment swamp 2.jpg

The Locke Forest:
1. Packen
2. kakurubird
3. krist
4. Mrs. Krist
5. Mrs. SOV

The Montego Forest:
1. squirrels
2. Ivorypolarbear
3. Abbercadaver
4. Philliab
5. TimeWarner

The Zora Tundra:
1. nohika
2. katie8
3. wildcatj
4. SnS
5. EquineConstant

The Neva Tundra:
1. Orca2011
2. Wolfspeaker
3. holdonhope
4. Minnerbelle
5. Saltz

The Keb Desert:
1. Trematode
2. Devyn
3. SOV
4. PetPony
5. lissarae06

The Makani Desert:
1. Cuit
2. Jamrockin
3. heylodeb
4. FTB
5. Emiloo4

The Misty Swamp:
1. zanydogz
2. Katie8sMate
3. nyanko
4. Jemappellejane
5. varz

The Raviv Swamp:
1. sheepdog
2. dyachei
3. Abney
4. LIS
5. WTF

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
elect lissrae for desert leader

I'll support you, SnS! :) Elect shortnsweet for tundra

As much as I wanna be leader (I do, I do~), I can get behind a groupmate!

Elect SnS, for tundra!

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

no votes received

Swamp Leader:

no votes received

Desert Leader:

Lissarae06 1 (Lissa)

Tundra Leader:

SnS 3 (Katie 8, equineconstant, nohika)

Aw thanks guys!

Elect SnS for Tundra

(But if you really want it super badly Nohika, I will switch my vote--NBD :love:)

You may PM with those in your groups now. Also, role/item PMs must be sent to BOTH ksmi117 and myself or your action may go unnoticed.

Also, NO POSTING in the silence thread. Thank You! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
elect Lissarae06 for Desert
was just thinking you'd make a good choice, then I saw your vote!

DVMD - Should we have roles etc? I don't seem to remember a PM

Elect krist, forest

Vote for me!! :D

images
images
images

Elect Emiloo, desert
I still believe that Emiloo would make a great leader based on how she plays the games.

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

krist 1 (krist)

Swamp Leader:

Sheepdog 2 (swampdog, LIS)

Desert Leader:

Lissarae06 2 (Lissa, FTB)

Emiloo 1 (Trematode)

Tundra Leader:

SnS 4 (Katie 8, equineconstant, nohika, SnS)

Varz is at work for the next hour or so, so you may not hear from him. :p

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

krist 1 (krist)

Swamp Leader:

Desert Leader:

Lissarae06 3 (Lissa, FTB, SOV)

Emiloo 1 (Trematode)

Tundra Leader:

Elect Lissarae for desert leader.

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

krist 1 (krist)

Swamp Leader:

Desert Leader:

Lissarae06 4 (Lissa, FTB, SOV, cuitl)

Emiloo 1 (Trematode)

Devyn 1 (Devyn)

Tundra Leader:

I am off to go see a movie...

Happy Voting!! :)

Wait, we started?!?! Gah I was asleepyz

And now there's multiple leaders?

Wait. You have the illusion casting item? Oh wrong game...
I am taking it you have this role the whole game. Poor LIS..

Omg whaat that is crazy. I thought at first he meant while the planet was a tundra he could only post pics, but I forgot it's not a tundra right now. That sucks LIS, although it should be entertaining for the rest of us! :laugh: I hope I never have a role/item like that because it would make it impossible to play from the phone.

Omg whaat that is crazy. I thought at first he meant while the planet was a tundra he could only post pics, but I forgot it's not a tundra right now. That sucks LIS, although it should be entertaining for the rest of us! :laugh: I hope I never have a role/item like that because it would make it impossible to play from the phone.

Maybe when it is a tundra, he can talk normally?

Ok I've got my avatar ready and krist explained the basics of the game to me :) And obviously I have been pressured into voting for her (typical politician ;))

elect krist for forest leader

vote for timewarner for forest leader

This is probably my last game. Yes I'm pulling a JJ!

She's convinced me that as leader she will be too busy to continuously PM me. And I do know that she can juggle A LOT of PMs. :laugh:

vote TW, Forest leader

Side note: When PMing my group hello, I tried to send it to TimeWarner and couldn't figure out why it was rejected. :p

She's convinced me that as leader she will be too busy to continuously PM me. And I do know that she can juggle A LOT of PMs. :laugh:

vote TW, Forest leader

Side note: When PMing my group hello, I tried to send it to TimeWarner and couldn't figure out why it was rejected. :p

:rofl:

Curse you, devyn!!!!!