WW The Hunger Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok I'm back... no luck. Not my problem that he can't get his crap together. And it was actually the BF's brother not mine, but he has been family for 5 years so....

Anyway! I guess I didn't miss much so that's good.
We're undefeated so far in WW games aren't we? :smuggrin:
We got this! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Mayor DVMDream!

Night one whoop! May the odds be ever in your favor ;) (hehe I couldn't resist!!)

Wait. I thought lissarae was mayor??

Members don't see this ad :)
4,3,2,1...Let the games begin!!

A few points of clarification.
All times are in Eastern time.

You can PM your district only - it's meant to be limited (as most of the books are in small parties).

Yay Lissa! Congrats!

Emiloo's sig says:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it."

I was just thinking that, in WW, it's:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends won't believe it, and your enemies don't need it!"
:laugh:

Emiloo's sig says:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it."

I was just thinking that, in WW, it's:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends won't believe it, and your enemies don't need it!"
:laugh:

:laugh::laugh: so true :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean I can stop compulsively checking tonight?

yes. But anyone can post on the forum tonight (expect results tomorrow morning).

I have a couple of errands to run in the morning so we'll make the first lynch vote at 2 pm Eastern.

Also, although I can edit my posts, editing posts is punishable by death.

Bleh! I guess that's another night we all get to be alive! :D

I don't think I will be able to get a lynch vote in tomorrow. I start work at the same time night results will be posted and I will be at work when the deadline for votes for lynching is due (noon my time). So, if I do not say anything tomorrow morning or do not vote please realize it is because I am at work.

Sending luck to all my fellow villagers for the night tonight...:luck:

I don't think I will be able to get a lynch vote in tomorrow. I start work at the same time night results will be posted and I will be at work when the deadline for votes for lynching is due (noon my time). So, if I do not say anything tomorrow morning or do not vote please realize it is because I am at work.

Sending luck to all my fellow villagers for the night tonight...:luck:

You can send me a vote by pm and I will add it if that player is still there. :)

I just got home! Thanks everyone for voting for me. If I had gotten to choose a second, it would have been DVMDream. Let's go tributes! Happy Hunting everyone!

You can send me a vote by pm and I will add it if that player is still there. :)

Awesome! I will think about it tonight since I have no information and let you know in the morning.

I just got home! Thanks everyone for voting for me. If I had gotten to choose a second, it would have been DVMDream. Let's go tributes! Happy Hunting everyone!

Thanks, lissa! Congrats! You were probably the better choice. Even though my work schedule is lighter this week, I just never know what will happen it when I will be available

Sorry I am lacking in my civic duties! I missed the election. Made some delicious mini bundts with gnache though!

Just want to explain my avatar because it doesn't look all that Hunger Games-y. I picked a finger-painted bird: the bird represents the mockingjay, and though the painting isn't done by fingers, it is on fingers, so it represents the morphling's obsession with disguise/ finger painting. I don't know maybe I am getting too esoteric...

May the odds be ever in your favor!!

Sorry I am lacking in my civic duties! I missed the election. Made some delicious mini bundts with gnache though!

Just want to explain my avatar because it doesn't look all that Hunger Games-y. I picked a finger-painted bird: the bird represents the mockingjay, and though the painting isn't done by fingers, it is on fingers, so it represents the morphling's obsession with disguise/ finger painting. I don't know maybe I am getting too esoteric...

May the odds be ever in your favor!!

:laugh: I love the description!

yes. But anyone can post on the forum tonight (expect results tomorrow morning).

I have a couple of errands to run in the morning so we'll make the first lynch vote at 2 pm Eastern.

Also, although I can edit my posts, editing posts is punishable by death.

That's 11am my time!! I'm getting up first thing in the morning to go out on a 6 mile hike and I for sure will not be anywhere near a computer at 11am.

I would have to vote for someone to lynch now... this is my first time playing this game and I haven't the slightest clue how to choose someone :(

Is it always going to be at 11am? I will be in class most mornings from 8-12...

I too will not be on at 2. This is my weekend to work at the emergency clinic and I work 8 AM to 4 PM. I'll see what I can come up with and PM you my lynch vote. I too will have issues getting in a vote if the vote will always be at 2 PM because during the week I work 6 AM to 2:30 PM.

I will not be around today to see who was killed or to participate in the lynch. Sorry peeps! I will be on later tonight though!

Oob suruasaliaf. :( An explanation of my absence: 12 is logic but 13 is fact.

That's 11am my time!! I'm getting up first thing in the morning to go out on a 6 mile hike and I for sure will not be anywhere near a computer at 11am.

I would have to vote for someone to lynch now... this is my first time playing this game and I haven't the slightest clue how to choose someone :(

Is it always going to be at 11am? I will be in class most mornings from 8-12...

No, it won't always be at 11. Since its a weekend, I thought we might get in a second cycle. Usually it will be day ends at 8 pm and night ends at 8 am.

It is the beginning of the 74th Hunger Games. The tributes stand nervously on their spots as they wait for the countdown to be over so they can run for the supplies. The cornucopia lies in the middle, gleaming in the sunlight, spewing forth weapons and food. The tributes eye each other - they are all standing in a circle surrounding it. A mockingjay sings above them, a sweet song that seems out of place with the tension.

Plutarch Heavensbee greets the tributes one last time from the arena's screens. Suddenly, the shot went off and the games had begun. Tributes ran off with their districts, carrying only what they could safely carry.

It is only when StormWater is safely away at her district's chosen place that she realizes that both fromthebox and tigerwillow are missing.

A video suddenly appears overhead. The number 35 decreases to 33 and both fromthebox, a tribute, and tigerwillow, a tribute, appear, stabbed violently.

May the odds be ever in your favor, remaining tributes.

due to the requests, the day cycle will be ending at 5 pm Eastern.

District 1
1:bbeventer
2: BlackDog618
3: Kanariya

District 2
1:fromthebox
2:TigerWillow
3: StormWater

District 3
1: Lissarae06
2: SOV
3: Krist

District 4
1: Emiloo4
2: nyanko
3: Nordicat

District 5
1:Katie8
2: Orca2011
3: Alaskandream

District 6
1: CorporateFatCat
2: cuitlamiztli
3: Fireflysushi

District 7
1: Sheepdogpsu
2: jjohnston
3: Packen

District 8
1: bandierose
2: sunnex3
3: that redhead

District 9
1: Hedgiehog
2: Squirrelsrule
3: ky261682

District 10
1: DVMDream
2:kanderson615
3:shortnsweet

District 11
1: Libster06
2: NStarz
3: devyn

District 12
1: PetPony
2. Trematode

Holy crap! 2 from the same district?! That sucks.

Coincidence? Trying to make stormwater look suspicious?
or is District 2 important in the book?

Personally I am going to go with coincidence unless compelling evidence is presented otherwise.

Coincidence? Trying to make stormwater look suspicious?
or is District 2 important in the book?

Personally I am going to go with coincidence unless compelling evidence is presented otherwise.

In the book district 2's tributes are careers. They spent their lives training for the games. The are the fourth to last (Clove) and last to die (Cato) in the Hunger Games in the first book.

Don't know if that has anything to do with the kills in our game though.

Well someone has to be the first to vote, so,

lynch bandierose

Unfortunately, the beginning is always a shot in the dark. I will check in again on my lunch break to see if anyone has any better ideas.

I will throw out there:
lynch that redhead
Only because she so strongly didn't want to be leader. If she has a reasonable explanation for that, then I could change my vote.

Well someone has to be the first to vote, so,

lynch bandierose

Unfortunately, the beginning is always a shot in the dark. I will check in again on my lunch break to see if anyone has any better ideas.
Yeah I hate the first few lynchings because they are always a shot in the dark.

Poor stormwater! I'll wait a while to place my vote, I hate the first lynch!

I will throw out there:
lynch that redhead
Only because she so strongly didn't want to be leader. If she has a reasonable explanation for that, then I could change my vote.

My reasonable explanation is I have a barely passing mark in histology and I need to pass histology and my final is tomorrow. (Which I state in my post saying I had to vote for mayor early - continuity FTW!) There is no way I can be active enough to be a good leader so I figured I'd keep myself out of the running. Other people didn't vote for themselves as leader, which I can only presume to mean they did not want to be mayor either.

However, I think the evidence against Stormwater is strongest this morning. I'm not sure how two were able to be killed, but the only strong feelings I have are that she wanted to get her group members out of the way. When I was a wolf in the last WW game, I had zoovet hit as soon as possible because I found out she was a sniffer. So it's possible either of them let something slip and Stormwater went for one and maybe got both out of the way because the other would be suspicious too.

So, lynch Stormwater.

Ouch...sorry District 2. That's a rough first night. I'm gonna hold off a bit to place my vote....It's hard not having anything to go on!

I don't know about stormwater. I know it looks suspicious that it was 2 from her district that died but what if the wolves wanted it to look that way?

SERIOUSLY!!?!?!?

IM ALREADY DEAD????????

Well you wolves are LAME OS

WHOSE AFRAID OF THE LITTLE SCARED WOLVES,
LITTLE SCARED WOLVES,
LITTLE SCARED WOLVES,

WHOSE AFRAID OF THE LITTLE SCARE WOLVES

not the brave TW!!!! Roar!

**********************^**^

I don't know about stormwater. I know it looks suspicious that it was 2 from her district that died but what if the wolves wanted it to look that way?

I agree. I don't think stormwater would want to make herself that obvious, and maybe the wolves thought we would fall for it??
Apparently they are killing 2 people again like last game. :scared:

For there to be two kills there may be two packs of wolves like last game and maybe it was just chance they attacked the same district. The other option is they get two kills per night now since there are so many people playing. I dont think stormwater would kill everyone in the same district right a way, just doesnt seem like a smart move, but maybe they are just trying to throw us off.

uggghhh, grumble, WHY ARE THESE LIGHTS SO BRIGHT?! :barf:

*must find dark corner to curl up in*

I just need to say I'm seriously distraught about TW's death :cry:
Not only did I lose a buddy, but we lost an awesome player. We're gonna hang your hides you big wolf jerks! :mad: :wtf:

I still don't think anyone sticks out and I hate the first few lynches, always so random... I'm holding off for now while I do some more of my FAFSA :bang:

:corny:
I freaking love this game! I won't be playing again until the Harry Potter one is started - I was OBSESSED last time.