SUNY Buffalo Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwalst55

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on the SUNY Buffalo waitlist. I heard that many people are accepted off the waitlist. Any information would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I will tell you that many were taken last year.

I was taken off one year ago today.

The class isn't set until 5pm the day before the first class.

Good Luck

I will tell you if I here anything from the inside.

AK

Do you know if they accepted all of the students in the top one third? Is it possible that they even accept some students out of the middle or bottom third? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Mr. Rosso Monday and he said that it varies year to year. Some years they take all the way to the bottom third but some years they don't.
I am just hoping alot of people decide not to go to buffalo. Because I want to:rolleyes:

I'd like to go there too. I'm in the middle one third, so I figure that if I get in it will be late in the summer. Good luck.

i called UB yesterday and was informed that acceptances are being sent out daily from the waitlist...the person i spoke with also said that they've already gone through 1/2 of the top third of the waitlist already...(as of yesterday) so looks like the list is moving along somewhat quickly or so we are led to believe.....

That is good news. I wonder if there will be a bunch of people accepted off the waitlist after May 15th. Do you know if that date has anything to do with Buffalo's admission process.

Does anyone know about a program at Buffalo for people who are not accepted on their first try? I heard a little about the program and that offers might be given to students who are not accepted off the waitlist.

Originally posted by jwalst55
Does anyone know about a program at Buffalo for people who are not accepted on their first try? I heard a little about the program and that offers might be given to students who are not accepted off the waitlist.

I hang around the admissions committee a lot.

I actually talked to a student who was applying for the 3 rd time to Buffalo.

I guess he only wanted to come here.

I sure you will get in. Mr. Rosso or Dr. Severin will probably cal you personally if it gets late in the summer

AK

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really hoping to get into Buffalo. I've heard that they have moved through the first half of the first third of the waitlist, and I'm somewhere in the middle third. It is pretty stressful waiting, while trying to figure out a backup plan.

How did you like your first year at the school? The students I met at my interview seemed to love it. Thanks again.

I talked to Mr Rosso yesterday and got some good news. He told me that Buffalo has been through almost all of the first third of their waiting list. He made it sound like sometimes Buffalo moves through their entire waitlist. Is that true??

That is excellent news!
I just got back from my last final and read this, it made my day!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to those of you waiting on buffalo. they filmed frat life and sorority life on mtv there this season... buffalo looks cool.

p

Are all you guys waiting on UB's waitlist also? Mr. Rosso is pretty easy to talk to. I suggest calling him if you ever have any questions.

Does anyone know how Buffalo moves through so much of their waitlist? Is it just that most people would like to be closer to the city?

I'm on the bottom third of the waitlist!!! Big pat on my back for scoring in the 99% on the mcat and having a GPA from a top 25 school and graduating magna cum laude. I feel so special and feel as though my life is fulfilled.

To geldrop:

See you have to graduate Summa Cum Laude like me to get into UB.

Just joking.

As long as your interview went well your day will come.

The interview committee either gives you a thumbs up or thumbs down after your interviewer presents you to the entire committee.

It that simple. You could be God's gift to Medical school and if you said something that they thought wasn't great they can drop you like a ton of bricks.

I have actaully had applicants ask me about strip clubs and where to go for the best party and drinking.

Wathc what you say

AK

I actually called Buffalo, and they said i wouldn't be on teh waitlist if my interview went bad. Well, than why did i get on the bottom third with good recs, stats. Doesn't make much sense to me.

It tough to say

Maybe they didn't like something about you.

So they liked you as a student or as a person and didn't like you vice a versa

Are you from Buffalo or out of state.

AK

Geldrop:

Are you set on UB and have you sent in a letter of intent.

AK

hey buffalo lovers,

i was just curious as to what some of your mcat scores are, if you don't mind :) I will be applying to buffalo for 2004 ( i am a ny resident) and was curious as to what type of scores those on the waitlist had.

thanks,
BDF

Hey guys
I will be applying to Buffalo too for Fall 2004. What kind of stats did you all have?
I just graduated from UB's School of Nursing on Saturday:) I am now officially a BSN...soon to be BSN, RN after I pass my boards:( It's a good school, I know a few people on the wait list right now and I am keeping my fingers crossed for them!
Polace, that was my sorority:) We look silly I know, but Buffalo looks awesome.

I'm a MS1 but I was on the waitlist I had 7/9/12 P

Buffalo is a great place.

AK

Originally posted by Noeljan
Hey guys
I will be applying to Buffalo too for Fall 2004. What kind of stats did you all have?
I just graduated from UB's School of Nursing on Saturday:) I am now officially a BSN...soon to be BSN, RN after I pass my boards:( It's a good school, I know a few people on the wait list right now and I am keeping my fingers crossed for them!
Polace, that was my sorority:) We look silly I know, but Buffalo looks awesome.

I think I remeber talking to you. You where the cheerleader at UB right.

Hey do you know a girl at the nursing school by the name of Amanda Paulek she went to Clarence HS

AK

I'm currently on the bottom third of the waitlist at Buffalo. I had a 3.4 GPA with a few poor grades, and a 9, 11, 11 on my mcat. I'm really hoping to get into Buffalo, but I am an out of state applicant. Does anyone know if that hurts my chances?

I talked to Mr. Rosso on Monday and he said that people that were on my spot on the waitlist have definitely gotten into the school in previous years, but there is obviously no garuntee.

Any news on the Buffalo waitlist post May 15th? Does the May 15th deadline really mean anything?

On friday I gave the admissions office a call and talked with the secratary. Here's some info that she let me in on. So far they took 85 people off the waitlist. Right now they are about 10 spots into the middle 1/3. She also said they have been taking about 3-4 people off everyday. And she ended the call by whispering into the phone that their are only 3 people ahead of me on the waitlist. So I'm really hoping to hear this week, it seems like I've been waiting forever to hear from them. Hope the info helps.

wow, things look good for the buffalo fans!

can you guys on the waitlist dump your mcat scores out on the table?

much appreciated,
bdf

Mcat: 9, 9, 10 (28)

Do most people that get accepted to Buffalo go somewhere else?? What are you guys planning on doing? I'd like to go to Buffalo, but I'm in the bottom 1/3 of the waitlist. Hopefully it moves that far.

I finally recieved the call that I've been waiting for, Mr. Rosso called me this morning to say that I was accepted. I'm definently going to UB. Anyone else gonna be their this fall? jwalst55, i don't you have much to worry about, this year the waitlist really seems to be moving quickly. I bet it'll be less than a month until you hear. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations JK. Hopefully we are in the same class come fall. I figure that I have about 90 or so more people until they call me. Mr. Rosso told me that they will continue to accept people all the way into August. Do you have any idea how much of the waitlist they had gone through at this point last year?

CONGRATS :clap:

Hopefully I will also see you this fall

i am currently on the bottom of the waitlist. I have a 3.0 cum science gpa and a 3.1 cum. I have a 8,8,10 =26 mcat score.And I am a NY resident

Ant: I'm at the bottom of the waitlist too. What do you think about our chances?? I was extremely skeptical, but it seems like this waitlist has alot of movement every year.

i really dont think we have a good chance, im on both new jersey schools waitlists also and I am in the middle upper half of both. I really dont know what to think I just hope I get into one of those schools, or even drexel whcih i interviewed at like 4 weeks ago but I havent heard anything back yet. good luck man

Ant & jwalst: i think you both are almost guaranteed to get in. I went to UB undergrad, so I know a lot of past applicants that now go there, and based on what they said almost every year their is 100% waitlist movement. Talking to a friend who applied last year, he said that at this time last year they were still at the top 1/3, but still went through 95% of the list by august. This years list is almost 50% through, so you both have a great shot at getting in. Hope to see you both this fall.

well i hope so that would be nice to be able to go to a suny school and save my self some money. Im so far going to PCOM in philly with a tuition of 31,500 per year.

JK thanks for the encouragement! I hope that you are right, but it is just hard for me to believe they go through so many people. Why does this happen?? They must accept tons of students that would rather go somewhere else.

When did you guys interview? I was there Feb. 11th, I think.

I think I interviewed at the end of march like around the 23

Originally posted by AntGod22
i am currently on the bottom of the waitlist. I have a 3.0 cum science gpa and a 3.1 cum. I have a 8,8,10 =26 mcat score.And I am a NY resident

Ant, I'm rooting for you man! I'm a NY resident too (western NY) and will probably have a similar mcat score (still waiting for the scores to come back)...and I'm still not sure whether to apply with like a 26 or not...what do you think after you've been through the process? (my gpa is a 3.7) Best of luck man....I"m sending good karma your way

BDF

Well i had interviews from Suny-Buffalo, Suny-Stony Brok, UMDNJ- RWJ, UMDNJ- Newark, Drexel Medical, and 6 osteopthaic schools.

I attribute my MD interviews to the fact that I am a URM. My stats dont match but I applied anyways just to see if i would get a interview, lucky me it paid off. I got waitlisted at every school so far except stony brook which rejected me post interview. I still havent gotten a response from drexel they said in afew weeks.

Damn, that is alot of waitlists. Which school is your top choice?? I'm pretty sure that you will get off one. Good luck.

My top choice is UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johson, it was by far the best school for me, my second choice is drexel and then newark. I liked buffalo alot but I dont think I am ready to go live almost 7 hours away from home. I mean I like ice hockey but not that much.

I think that you have a good chance to get into one school. Do you know where you are on the other waitlists? I think that Buffalo is pretty good about letting us know our standing.

Well I know im at the top half of the middle one third at Robert wood, and at newark I dont know, i should write to them and ask. What about you , where u waitlisted at or applied too?

I originially applied to 18 schools. I was waitlisted at University of Florida and Buffalo. A few weeks ago I was rejected from UF, so now I'm really hoping on Buffalo. I'm a Florida resident, but my parents are moving to Buffalo, so that was the reason I applied. I'm actually in Buffalo now for the first time since my interview. I like the city much better in summer time. Anyway, I'm meeting with Mr. Rosso on Tuesday or Wed. so I'll let you know if I learn anything.

I talked to the people at Buffalo yesterday and they said that the waitlist was still moving nicely. They never tell me exactly where it is.....let me know if you guys hear anything.

ohhhhh sounds promising !!! Id like a acceptance please !!:)

I just called and Mr. Rosso said that they are still in the upper part of the middle third, but "it is still moving".