People who, to this date, have not been accepted anywhere yet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyche Estrelle

Fear and Loathing in Los Angeles
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There seem to be so many acceptances that I was wondering how many SDN-ers are still in the same boat as me - your chances seem promising, but while others have gotten the big envelope and are deciding where to go, you are still wondering if you'll even get in. :(

I apologize if ppl are sick of seeing threads like this. I just want to talk to people who share the pain!

Members don't see this ad.

Theres a thread right under this one that talks about the same thing

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=357670

you can probably share stories with some SDNers there

Good luck!

Edit: Looked at your MDapps and didnt realize that you had 8 interviews already so I guess the above post doesn't apply. You should be grateful, you still have a few interviews left and had the luxury of that many schools that have interest in you. Good luck with your endeavors

You interviewed at yale ucsf harvard and wash u

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hell most of your top tier schools haven't even started accepting yet.

Keep complaining with your 8 interviews, makes us that are still waiting for one feel great :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Theres a thread right under this one that talks about the same thing

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=357670

you can probably share stories with some SDNers there

Good luck!

Edit: Looked at your MDapps and didnt realize that you had 8 interviews already so I guess the above post doesn't apply. You should be grateful, you still have a few interviews left and had the luxury of that many schools that have interest in you. Good luck with your endeavors

Yeah I noticed that post was made after I made mine. Lol. But that post is for ppl still waiting for interview invites. This one is for ppl who HAVE interviewed but have still heard nothing... i.e. those who felt great when the interview invites started coming but not so much anymore that zero acceptances have arrived!

You interviewed at yale ucsf harvard and wash u

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hell most of your top tier schools haven't even started accepting yet.

Keep complaining with your 8 interviews, makes us that are still waiting for one feel great :thumbup:

Thank you :> I'm not trying to fish for compliments or assurance necessarily, but I appreciate your comments. Good luck to us both. Just that ONE school that says yes... is what I wish for...

Thanks, and in all honesty I wish the best for you, too. I just read my last post and it sounded really harsh. I didn't mean to sound that bad, just that most of us would kill to be where you are and you still don't think it's good enough. But I can see why it's not enough also. Perhaps we all just need patience. You'll be in a top 10 soon tho, so don't sweat too much in the mean time.

I'm sure you'll hear from Wash. U or Utah soon enough.

I didn't mean to sound that bad, just that most of us would kill to be where you are and you still don't think it's good enough.

I've never understood this sentiment (yes, I know 12loser12 explained more later on in your post, but I'm just using what 12loser12 said as an example, and not directly addressing him).

Nothing counts but the acceptance. All the interviews in the world do nothing for you. Anxiety is normal regardless of your scores and how many interviews you got. There's no reason to rip someone down for being anxious, just because they have a solid app.

Aerith - I am in the same boat as you. 7 interviews so far, 4 "holds" and waiting on 3 schools. I was flat out rejected by 7 schools, and I still have to hear back from 14 more schools. I am still waiting on that one acceptance letter and am starting to get nervous.

No acceptances yet. Waiting for a non-rolling state school decision in March and still interviewing in February elsewhere. I am incredibly anxious about not getting in. Keep hope alive though.

No acceptances for me...

I'm lucky in that I have 6 interviews but so far, I've heard from two and they were waitlists, so I'm getting VERY nervous.

Count me in. No acceptances thus far with two interviews completed in early December and two more scheduled. I'm also STILL waiting on 11 schools but somehow I think many of them will come in the form of the impersonal single page letter type whenever schools decide to get around to it.

Well, I suppose I sit in the same boat as you guys as well. Two interviews have passed with one waitlist, with one more pending. Just like waiting for the interview invites, or waiting for the secondaries or waiting for the AMCAS verification or waiting for the MCAT scores, all we can really do is sit tight. We're veterans at waiting; one would think we'd be better at it by now. lol.

The truth of the matter is tho, this is the last time we're going to have to wait. All we need is that one fat envelope, and all our prior pain and suffering is justified. So even if you have only one interview or a dozen, just remember that it all needs to work just once. *shrugs* hope that helped. good luck everyone :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
We're veterans at waiting; one would think we'd be better at it by now. lol.

Totally agree with this.

The truth of the matter is tho, this is the last time we're going to have to wait. :

With this not so much.

You have just begun to wait, you will have to wait for finacial aid packages, USMLE scores, residency match, finding a wife/husband, your first child, death(not trying to be ominous or anything:scared: )

But life is waiting....that's why there is a saying.... something about Patience being a virtue. I don't have it so I can't really speak on it :)

Good luck to everyone in the process and hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for an acceptance.:luck: :luck: :luck:

I definitely feel your pain on this one. I have interviewed at 7 places and I felt like some of the interviews went well, but who knows...life is just a giant waiting game it appears.

Best of luck to everybody in the same boat.

I have come to terms with the fact that I very well may not receive an acceptance this year. But I am ok with that - I'll work for another year, save up money (I am so broke it aint even funny), maybe be able to afford a vacation, pay off the cc, maybe take the mcat again, and see how things go.

Don't get me wrong, I havent heard from one school that i interviewed at and am waitlisted at another. I am thankful that I got two interviews, when many people havent gotten one. I could still get in. But whatever ends up happening, I'm ok with it. I would be thrilled to get an acceptance - in fact I think I would just cry and cry from sheer joy.

Yep. I feel the love, guys. 5 interviews, 2 rejections, 2 holds. Waiting on 1 still. Best of luck to all of us!

re-applicant --:scared: two interviews done, another one coming up, 1 waitlist, and one haven't heard from yet....:(

I completely agree with the OP. Waiting is killing me. At the same time I feel bad that I'm complaining since I've gone on interviews and some people have not. But I'm sick of waiting!!!!:mad: I've already been rejected to two of the schools I've interviewed at and am waiting on two more. I have six more interviews to go, but it seems so late in the game that I'm kinda jaded already. Interviews mean nothing if I don't have a big shiny envelope in my hands :rolleyes:

im in the same boat unfortunately. i probably will not hear from all the schools to which i applied until mid march. funny thing- i also have an interview in march (def regret applying ate :oops: )

I think I should be fine, I've had six interviews already, but I haven't heard anything from any of them since. No acceptances, no rejections, no waitlists. More interviews still to come, so there is a lot of hope (trying to stay optimistic).

I think I should be fine, I've had six interviews already, but I haven't heard anything from any of them since. No acceptances, no rejections, no waitlists. More interviews still to come, so there is a lot of hope (trying to stay optimistic).

Hopefully, some of your optimism will rub off of me :D I remember the days when I said, "Please just let me have one interview". How quickly that changes...

Feeling despair also...I've had 2 interviews, waitlisted at one, on hold for the other, and one last interview coming up in february for a reach school. blah. i've been in a constant bad mood since november.

nine more weeks :) nine more weeks :( nine more weeks :) nine more weeks :(
:confused:
until nonrolling schools let us know.

I sent my 'letter of intent' and my transcripts last week(transcripts still haven't gotten there:rolleyes: ) . And i'm still stupidly hoping to see an email from the dean in my inbox!

I think it's all a test to see if we're psychologicaly stable enough for medical school!

not accepted anywhere yet!

This is one thread I really don't want to be a part of....but yeah, not a one. :(

6 interviews, no acceptances, 2 waitlists, 2 rejections, 2 pending (top 10 schools lol)

I'm beginning to make a back-up plan and looking into possible research positions/clinical opportunities, even thought it's still very much up in the air for this year.

Yeah...another member of this club.....3 interviews, heard nothing yet, waiting to hear from about a half dozen still...

Unfortunately, I am a part of this club also:( . 3 Int, 1 Waitlist, 2 yet to know. Not making a back up plan just cause I am stubborn.

haha, aerith almost exact same boat....8 int's, including harvard yale washu NW....no acceptances. It sucks..the worst is have to keep up your academic rigor in the event you don't get in ANYWHERE

hey garrison and aerith...what do you think it is that seems to keep you from getting the final "go ahead"

For me it appears to be a combo of lacking interview polish (not that I'm bad...just not stellar or consistant) as well as overall application polish/savvy.

I've had 4 interviews so far with 3 more planned... So far 2 waitlists (on the bottom third of one and don't know about the other) and nothing from the other two). Getting pretty damn nervous though b/c if I was going to get in anywhere I would have expected it at the place I was put on the bottom third of their waitlist...

Very, very scared...

I've had 6 interviews, 1 post-interview rejection, 1 post-interview hold, still waiting on 4. Come on, can't one medical school pull through for me?

2 post-interview rejects...one more interview next month...

2 post-interview rejects...one more interview next month...

same here. Three waitlists, 1 pending, 1 interview upcoming. This is torturous, and the reason why I cannot tear myself away from this site :D

The waiting is wearing me down. I'm friggin' discouraged. I tried not obsessing. Now I'm just obsessing on not obsessing. I think they should include therapy sessions with our AMCAS. This process blows. I think I need to start yoga or kung fu or something. :mad:

Okay I just got my first post-interview rejection. I can't even type. Many tears. I don't wanna wanna be a doctor. (no that wasn't a typo) :(

eesh nomemory, that's tough. The post-interview rejections are the hardest ones to swallow, and it looks like this one is no exception. Have you interviewed at other places? If you have, it's probably best just to put this one behind you and not think on it too much. Kinda like being rejected when asking someone out; you can't take it personally. If you got an interview, it meant the school thought you were qualified. It doesn't make you a bad applicant, it just means you were unlucky. This process sucks, and that's all there is too it. Tomorrow is another day and you wouldn't have come so far if you didn't want it. Like the quote goes, it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, it matters how many times you get up. Keep your chin up, and best of luck to you on your other applications. :luck:

eesh nomemory, that's tough. The post-interview rejections are the hardest ones to swallow, and it looks like this one is no exception. Have you interviewed at other places? If you have, it's probably best just to put this one behind you and not think on it too much. Kinda like being rejected when asking someone out; you can't take it personally. If you got an interview, it meant the school thought you were qualified. It doesn't make you a bad applicant, it just means you were unlucky. This process sucks, and that's all there is too it. Tomorrow is another day and you wouldn't have come so far if you didn't want it. Like the quote goes, it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, it matters how many times you get up. Keep your chin up, and best of luck to you on your other applications. :luck:

...I've had some low points in my life. Living out of my 1978 Subaru and sleeping in the orange groves in Oxnard was one of many. But I've gotta say, this is freakin' neck in neck, man. In fact, I think it's actually worse because at least back in the day, there was a sense of comfort and I knew that as bad as things were, barring decapitation or limb loss, they couldn't get much worse. It sounds kinda sick, even to me, but once you're used to it, living like that isn't so bad. There's a sense of security that, ironically, allows a certain quality of life, however dysfunctional it might seem.

But this? This?! This is horrible. It's that devestating hopelessness and visceral pain without any of the benefits. It's living with that once whispering but now screaming voice inside your head that says, "play out of your league and expect to get burned". Feeling that sickening tug on the skin of your back, pulling you back to where you came from--where you belong. That indescribable irritation (and embarrassment) of a fool who tried to cross the tracks. Take home message? Respect your lot and acquire a taste for resignation. :D

Okay I just got my first post-interview rejection. I can't even type. Many tears. I don't wanna wanna be a doctor. (no that wasn't a typo) :(

:( Cheer up sleepy jean...

I have a pile of rejections and just got a new one yesterday. I didn't think I'd make it, honestly, but by some freak of nature, I did. I've been going at it for about two years now, from quitting my job, moving away from my home and friends, to attending, and toiling away at, an informal post-baccalaureate program, to applying this cycle. I gave up just about everything I held dear for a shot at medical school. It really wasn't looking too good either, but I kept moving with the punches, even as I wanted to give up. I've cried in frustration and in joy along the way. Now, honestly, speaking from the other side of acceptance, I think it was all worth it.

It's okay to not want to be a doctor right now. I've had that thought pass through me numerous times throughout the process. I just kept on recommitting. You are big enough to want to and not want to be a doctor all at the same time. Take a few breaths, go do something loving for yourself, and let go of what can't be controlled. You are not your acceptances, nor your rejections.

Do you have other interviews, and/or are you waiting on other decisions? I hope so. If not, don't despair. As long as you have the heart for your path, you can regroup, learn from your mistakes, and go at it again.

I think that the worst part of this process is all the intangible, uncontrollable, limbo. The carrot on the stick that seems perpetually elusive. I think this is only the tip of the iceburg of what lies ahead.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Give yourself some space and then ask yourself what you want from a place of ease and flow. Recommit, if it suits you.

:luck:

:( I am really sorry man. I know how you feel. I have a few PI rejections myself.

DVN--SDN Resident Failure.

:( Cheer up sleepy jean...

I have a pile of rejections and just got a new one yesterday. I didn't think I'd make it, honestly, but by some freak of nature, I did. I've going at it for about two years now. Gave up just about everything I held dear for a shot at medical school. It wasn't looking too good, so I kept moving with the punches. I've cried in frustration and in joy. Now, honestly, speaking from the other side of acceptance, it's worth it, if this is what you want to do.

It's okay to not want to be a doctor right now. I've had that thought pass through me numerous times throughout the process. I just kept on recommitting. You are big enough to want to and not want to be a doctor all at the same time. Take a few breaths, go do something loving for yourself, and let go of what can't be controlled. You are not your acceptances, nor your rejections.

Do you have other interviews, and/or are you waiting on other decisions? I hope so. If not, don't despair. As long as you have the heart for your path, you can regroup, learn from your mistakes, and go at it again.

I think that the worst part of this process is all the intangible, uncontrollable, limbo. The carrot on the stick that seems perpetually elusive. I think this is only the tip of the iceburg.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Give yourself some space and then ask yourself what you want from a place of ease and flow.

:luck:

I'm trying to be doomsday here, do you mind? :laugh: Sheesh people! ;)

The worst part of this process is that I spent my car savings on interviews and now have to ride the bus to and from work. For what? Nothing! Or, maybe that I'm friggin' in my thirties and my eggs are fusing as we speak. Or, even better, that this process has cost me 8 years, 60K, a BK and my dignity slash sanity and for what? To be far worse off than when I started. I'm seriously starting to think I need intensive therapy for self-loathing disorder....why oh WHY an M.D.? Because I didn't (and don't) have the balls for an MSW.

:( I am really sorry man. I know how you feel. I have a few PI rejections myself.

DVN--SDN Resident Failure.

You're definitely more of a man than I am. Especially since I'm a chick. :D ;)

im clicking on some of the mdapplicant links in this thread and wondering why some of you obviously qualified people didn't apply to some safety schools for peace of mind...

I'm wondering why the OP started turning down interviews before getting accepted. If you don't get in, it will be your own fault.

Any of you guys considered Osteopathic Medicine. Is your dream to become that "Orthopedic surgeon" or "Radiologist", or is your dream to become an "M.D". If your final goals are to be a physician an Osteopathic Degree will get you there as well, and seeing that you are getting interviews at allopathic schools, you should have a decent shot at osteopathic schools as well. There is no reason to give up just yet. Good Luck