People who, to this date, have not been accepted anywhere yet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any of you guys considered Osteopathic Medicine. Is your dream to become that "Orthopedic surgeon" or "Radiologist", or is your dream to become an "M.D". If your final goals are to be a physician an Osteopathic Degree will get you there as well, and seeing that you are getting interviews at allopathic schools, you should have a decent shot at osteopathic schools as well. There is no reason to give up just yet. Good Luck

I have and I actually like the osteopathic philosophy of holistic medicine much more than the (at times!) I'm-a-soldier-battling-disease-and-your-body-is-my-battle-ground mentality of allopathy but my hang up is...the stigma. Am I proud that I don't have the conviction to go against the grain? No. But...it is what it is and at times, life is poopy. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

3 WL and one Post interview decision pending. the waiting is getting very long and tiring.

Members don't see this ad :)
none for me yet either . . . one "high priority" and another I haven't heard from. sigh.

Two post interview decisions pending.

I'm going to be nauseous until July...

:( Cheer up sleepy jean...

I have a pile of rejections and just got a new one yesterday. I didn't think I'd make it, honestly, but by some freak of nature, I did. I've been going at it for about two years now, from quitting my job, moving away from my home and friends, to attending, and toiling away at, an informal post-baccalaureate program, to applying this cycle. I gave up just about everything I held dear for a shot at medical school. It really wasn't looking too good either, but I kept moving with the punches, even as I wanted to give up. I've cried in frustration and in joy along the way. Now, honestly, speaking from the other side of acceptance, I think it was all worth it.

It's okay to not want to be a doctor right now. I've had that thought pass through me numerous times throughout the process. I just kept on recommitting. You are big enough to want to and not want to be a doctor all at the same time. Take a few breaths, go do something loving for yourself, and let go of what can't be controlled. You are not your acceptances, nor your rejections.

Do you have other interviews, and/or are you waiting on other decisions? I hope so. If not, don't despair. As long as you have the heart for your path, you can regroup, learn from your mistakes, and go at it again.

I think that the worst part of this process is all the intangible, uncontrollable, limbo. The carrot on the stick that seems perpetually elusive. I think this is only the tip of the iceburg of what lies ahead.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Give yourself some space and then ask yourself what you want from a place of ease and flow. Recommit, if it suits you.

:luck:

I can only say that you are a great human being. Thank you so much for lighting a candle in the midst of all this cursing in dark ... Hats off!

Pre-Thanksgiving is still VERY early acceptance wise. I wouldn't worry Much. I really wouldn't even start sweating it until after new years, especially with 5+ interviews like a lot of you seem to have.

This is a very old post Eli, but I was impressed with that reply so I had to comment!!

2 post-interview rejections. i've lost my will to live.

It's nice to see people with the same worries at me have "medical student" under their names now.