PCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that sounds good. thanks!

I had my interview yesterday (Thursday) and I think they said they're meeting next week and hope to let everyone in my group know by Dec. 15th. She couldn't promise we'd know by Dec. 15th, but that's what they're hoping for for my group.

Members don't see this ad.

I really want an interview from PCOM!!! For those of you who received interviews, how long were you complete before getting it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really want an interview from PCOM!!! For those of you who received interviews, how long were you complete before getting it?

I'm honestly not sure when I was complete because I never received a letter in the mail from them. Both my current and permanent address are the same, so I don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I sent it in the early part of October and received an interview invite early part of November. My interview was yesterday.

I like your optimism....wish I could say I share the same outlook!

Silly PCOM, don't you know a good thing when you see it? Aka, my app?

Should have sent them a few pictures and hoped for a male (or butch) adcom to review it. Thats what I did :thumbup:

So did the ADCOM meet yet this week? I read somewhere that that was happening.

So did the ADCOM meet yet this week? I read somewhere that that was happening.

I interviewed last week. I think she indicated that they would be meeting this week. She said our group should hopefully receive a decision on or around Dec. 15th.

I'm honestly not sure when I was complete because I never received a letter in the mail from them. Both my current and permanent address are the same, so I don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I sent it in the early part of October and received an interview invite early part of November. My interview was yesterday.

Did you receive the invite by mail???? or do they do it by email?

Anyone hear anything from the ADCOM yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here have there file delayed at PCOM because they sent in the secondary app before their AACOMAS was released?

I think they have not gotten to my app yet...or its still "under review". Last time I talked to them, which I think was maybe 3 weeks ago, they said that they were about a week behind. Anyone know anything about where they are now?

it's going to be a long holiday....guess we have to wait until December.

I think they have not gotten to my app yet...or its still "under review". Last time I talked to them, which I think was maybe 3 weeks ago, they said that they were about a week behind. Anyone know anything about where they are now?

I'll bet that their focus right now is on reviewing people who have already been interviewed. The December 15 deadline is coming up, and they know it; the Director of Admissions told us that they would try and let us know before then. (I interviewed on the 20th.)

I bet that after the 15th, they will have another big round of secondaries, because they will have the time and a better picture of how many acceptances they already have.

So what was the interview for PCOM like? PCOM's my top choice, and my interview is on December 17th

So what was the interview for PCOM like? PCOM's my top choice, and my interview is on December 17th

My interview was hellish. But only because I was so freaking hungry. They gave us breakfast when we got there at 8, but I didn't really feel like eating anything. Then, our tour wasn't over until 2. No lunch! I was dying for some reason especially that day, I mean, I have gone longer without food, but for some reason on that day I was dying.

Aside from that, the interview was really chill. Open file, 2 interviewers (one student and one DO). Take a look at the interview feedback for more info. The school was really impressive, my favorite part was that we couldn't go into the gym because the 76'ers were practicing, haha.

Mine was pretty much just a converstation with one debate-like question, which was how i'd fix the healthcare system.

Last edited:
Here are PCOM's match lists from the past two years, in case anyone's interested. :)

Attachments

• PCOM Match List 2007.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 809
  • PCOM Match List 2008.pdf
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,036
heh for General and Orthopedic Surgery and internal medicine I can work for the hospital I already work for. Woohoo...

just got my acceptance letter in the mail! interviewed 11/10..decent turn-around..good luck to those waiting..

I got in. soooooo excited!!

I just got my letter today as well, i'm in, interviewed 7 days ago on the 19th of november. Pretty quick turn around.:cool:

Also got my letter today (Friday). Interviewed November 6th.

Accepted... I like how the letter started with "YES!"... And since this is my first acceptance I have to say it. I am going to be a doctor!:soexcited:

Accepted... I like how the letter started with "YES!"... And since this is my first acceptance I have to say it. I am going to be a doctor!:soexcited:

Yep my first acceptance too...Yay! I'm going to be a doctor!!!

Congrat everyone! It seems like PCOM is so nice this year. PCOM is accepting pretty much everyone post-interview. I haven't heard anyone getting rejected from PCOM post-interview thus far.

i just wish they would show me some love and send me a letter saying something
even if it is just "you're file is complete" i havn't even got that letter yet
cmon PCOM!

does anyone know anything about their merit based scholarships?

AHHH!!! I got into PCOM!!!! I just checked my mail and I saw the letter and the first word was YES!!! I'm so excited. :love:

If you search their website you can find the DO handbook. It covers them in there. Expect loans. According to the CIB or CBI, I never remember, the average indebtedness is ~170k.

does anyone know anything about their merit based scholarships?

they dont really do merit based at pcom its usually has a rider that there is some form of finacial need based upon your parents income even if they dont give you anything.

Bacchus some other dude used to have your signature! Except for the breaking heart thing. Haha.

Ahh it's so agonizing waiting for the interview day to come!! I want to get in like everyone else :(

I got in!! First acceptance! Quick turnaround too...interviewed 11/20, acceptance letter on 11/28.

:)

To any of the applicants accepted, do you mind quickly posting how long it took to receive an invite after being complete (secondary, LOR's, payment submitted)? I've been complete for over 3 weeks now and nothing. I've heard back from most of the other schools I applied to around the same time which is why I am panicking. Thanks.

To any of the applicants accepted, do you mind quickly posting how long it took to receive an invite after being complete (secondary, LOR's, payment submitted)? I've been complete for over 3 weeks now and nothing. I've heard back from most of the other schools I applied to around the same time which is why I am panicking. Thanks.

I was complete Oct. 8th, invited for an interview Nov. 7th, went to the interview Nov. 19th, and accepted Nov. 29th. You'll have to wait a little while longer and I think PCOM is behind on reviewing applications. Plus, they are trying to give out letters to interviewees before the Dec. 15th deadline.