Community college credits?

Started by jumboolia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jumboolia

=)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knew if Med schools were super strict about the no Community college credit rule.. I know that it's not preferred but what if you took gen chem 1, orgo 1, orgo 2, biochem, medicinal chem.. at your University? (I wil lhave also completed the Pharm. D. program before I matriculate) would they look less favorably enough for me to not retake it during the summer at a 4 year university?
thanks.
 
There are very, very few medical schools that won't consider you if you have taken your pre-reqs at a community college. I am a current M1 and I took Gen Chem II, Organic I & II, and Physics I & II at a community college.

I think the consensus on SDN has been to take as many of your pre-reqs at a university as possible - but it is not a requirement. If you have worries about it, call/email the schools you plan to apply to and ask their opinion.