Tuskegee - requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that redhead

10+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've searched through past posts and not found anything, although I admit I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Anyway, Tuskegee is on my list of schools to apply to and I cannot for the life of me find their pre-requisites, etc. Even the VMCAS chart that outlines pre-reqs for all schools does not have Tuskegee listed! Help?

EDIT: It seems that you can access course requirements by beginning the online application. I won't delete in case someone in the future has the same question :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind posting the requirements from the application?

Do you mind posting the requirements from the application?

Only because I don't want to study anymore before my test today i will type in the requirements from the VMSAR book for Tuskegee (2010).

English comp/communications 6
Math 6
ochem + lab 8
biochem + lab 4
Physics + lab 8
Advanced bio 9
free elective in bio 8
animal science 9 <=include poultry and animal nutrition
social science/humanities 6
electives - liberal arts 6

I also hunted down and posted more specifics on the most recent Tuskegee applicant thread. I'm too lazy to hunt it down, but it's a recent-ish thread.

LOL thanks TT. I had 6 hours biochem lecture w/o a lab and they accepted it no problem.

I called last July to make sure I didn't need a lab. Terri was super nice and directed me to Dr. Eljack (the Dean of Admissions) for confirmation. I'm not sure if they took it because they aren't sticklers on the lab portion, or because I'd exceeded the 4 hrs they required. You might want to call just to be safe.

It's just that biochem majors are the only ones that take the lab here, and usually they do biochem II as well. That would be 7-8 hours of biochem... and as much as I wouldn't mind taking more biochem (no joke!) I have a lot of classes lined up to get the micro degree next spring.

Hey all

Okay just to clarify, unless something has changed since last year you do not NEED the ani sci courses to apply but if accepted, you will need to complete them before the start of your junior year.
Futhermore, the biochem is a rough issue because I only had a 3cr class and was told that didn't fly. I took a 4cr biochem with lab this spring.

Basically, I recommend getting in touch with the office for info on how to proceed but as always, get everything in writing such as email.