LECOM Post Bacc- 2009-2010 applicants/class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys i applied to this program a while back and it just went under review. I have a 3.03 overall GPA but my science GPA is really low and a 23 on my MCAT. What are my chances of getting into this program? Sorry Im just really nervous because I got waitlisted at PCOM-PA and Midwestern University.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd calm down and stop spamming all the osteopathic SMP threads on this board asking basically the same question.

I got taken off the PCOM-PA MBS waiting list and was accepted, but I'm still choosing to stay with LECOM. That said, I was placed on the waiting list sometime in late November.

Just wait and see.

Just left the Bayfront campus. Beautiful campus but VERY hard to find. Take W 6th St (ALT 5) to Top Road. Just before you get to Top Road you will see a little sign for LECOM. I would advise everyone to figure out where the campus is a few days in advance as this seems like a weird city to drive in. The address is 1 Lecom Place, even though my GPS did not recognize the address, I just followed W. 6th St. till I saw Top Road. It seems like it is 10-15 mins to Main Campus. I talked to the grounds guy and he said most people only come to Bayfront for class then head to the main campus to study since the library is there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my ID picture taken this morning. According to Harry from the Security Office, July 27 is the last day to have ID pics taken. You can call and veryify that date, but I just wanted all my fellow post-bacc'ers an early warning!!!! Plus, you have to bring your laptop to have them fill out information on as well as your drivers license and ALL car registration to get a parking pass.

Hello everyone,
Anyone out there still waiting to hear something back from the post-bac Admin? I applied around May 10th 2010. My portal status changed really fast but for the past two wks it's been " under review..." It is too late for me. God I hope not.

I'd check your candidate portal folder where it displays what they have/don't have that is required. More often than not it seems if the status hasn't changed for an excessively long time, they're still waiting on some documents.

I'd check your candidate portal folder where it displays what they have/don't have that is required. More often than not it seems if the status hasn't changed for an excessively long time, they're still waiting on some documents.

Thanks for the reply Jslo85,
I checked my portal and it's not changed for the past two weeks. And you're right, my LOR still missing but mr. Tom Ross told me last week that he has it.

I just had my ID picture taken this morning. According to Harry from the Security Office, July 27 is the last day to have ID pics taken. You can call and veryify that date, but I just wanted all my fellow post-bacc'ers an early warning!!!! Plus, you have to bring your laptop to have them fill out information on as well as your drivers license and ALL car registration to get a parking pass.

DUDE I cannot get there before July 27th I am traveling abroad next Monday for a month! omg im having a panic attack, the matriculation packet said we have to come before August 22nd, theres no way to get these pictures done later??? I live all the way in central jersey! ahh.

DUDE I cannot get there before July 27th I am traveling abroad next Monday for a month! omg im having a panic attack, the matriculation packet said we have to come before August 22nd, theres no way to get these pictures done later??? I live all the way in central jersey! ahh.
A few of us have been talking about this all day and we are not sure what to make of it. I was told TODAY that July 27 was the last date, the matriculation packet says August 22, and someone else was told August 27, so I would say just call the security office and make it for whenever it is convenient for you, since none of us can get a straight answer from the school.

A few of us have been talking about this all day and we are not sure what to make of it. I was told TODAY that July 27 was the last date, the matriculation packet says August 22, and someone else was told August 27, so I would say just call the security office and make it for whenever it is convenient for you, since none of us can get a straight answer from the school.

ya im going to have to, thanks for the update electric. i tried calling the school several times and nobody ever picks up, so i guess asking for the security office is better when it comes to this topic..lol. someone seems to pick up over there..anyways thanks!

Guys, I spoke to the security office people at LECOM -- they said that the last date is AUGUST 27th for ID cards and stuff. He said there has been a miscommunication and it is NOT july 27th but August. Hope this clears stuff up, thanks.

Guys, I spoke to the security office people at LECOM -- they said that the last date is AUGUST 27th for ID cards and stuff. He said there has been a miscommunication and it is NOT july 27th but August. Hope this clears stuff up, thanks.
Thanks for the clarification. Several of us had different dates and yours matches the date someone else heard so I'm going with the laws of statistics and you tipped the scale in favor of August!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification. Several of us had different dates and yours matches the date someone else heard so I'm going with the laws of statistics and you tipped the scale in favor of August!!!! :thumbup:

im excited! anyone else living in shadow pines?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, do we have to schedule our visit dates to get our ID's and computers checked and what have you? or can we just go on a day and not have to schedule it?

Legacy20, your matriculation packet (and Tom Ross confirmed this) says that you need to call security and set up a specific time with them. You also need to bring in your laptop for them to configure it.

moshiball, do you know for sure that you will be living there? I called Shadow Pines and they said there is a waitlist? Did you get on their waitlist earlier?

Yeah you need to schedule an appointment with the security department and probably bring your car lisence registration/information if you want a permit. The process from what I've heard only takes about 5-8 minutes though literally.

OMMDOC, so you've made a choice on LECOM's post-bacc? I remember from the last time we talked you were still on the fence for either way.

Yep, I made the decision to go with LECOM's post-bacc. I was talking to a student who recently completed PCOM's Biomed program and the student told me that only about 11 people got into PCOM after completing PCOM's Biomed program - this is from a class of about 60 which also included the second year Biomed students (and a lot of those accepted got in after being placed on a waitlist at first). LECOM is way cheaper (tuition and cost of living), offers a conditional acceptance to their own med school, has great clinical rotation sites, and produces very good residency placements. The only bad thing about LECOM is the location; way too cold and not the newest/nicest city in the US. But for me it came down to what would be the best path to follow in order to become a physician and this is the surest option that I had. I am flying in to look for housing in mid July. Gotta take care of background check, immunization records, financial aid, etc, etc, etc... See you all on September 8th!!!

Good to know the stats/advice I gave you were not unwarranted or false and were verified haha.

Legacy20, your matriculation packet (and Tom Ross confirmed this) says that you need to call security and set up a specific time with them. You also need to bring in your laptop for them to configure it.

moshiball, do you know for sure that you will be living there? I called Shadow Pines and they said there is a waitlist? Did you get on their waitlist earlier?

hey, ya i got into the new apartment complex they just built -- i called them back in April and set it all up, i was one of the first on the waitlist so they called me again in june and i put down my deposit...so im set in that regard. you are right though there is a long waitlist regarding that complex i guess because it has nice property and such...a little far from campus but im willing to drive the extra 10 minutes..seems like a safer area too.

I was wondering if anyone who has done this program could give me some advice on financial aid. The matriculation packet gives us the maximum amount of aid that can be taken out through the school. I am married and have a kid so my living expenses will be higher that a single student's (need to get a 2 bedroom apt, pay additional health insurance, etc). I don't know if my wife will be able to find a job and then we have to think about child care. I called and asked the Financial Aid office about this today and they told me that if I need more money than what is allowed through the school (which is about 29.5K), I would have to find that on my own but they do not recommend taking out private loans.

Has anyone else been planning for this? Can any of the previous students please chime in and suggest anything? Where do I begin to look for these private loans, are there other options? Do I just go to a local bank and get a school loan? What is a decent APR? Any input is much appreciated.

Edit: I was looking at the Financial Aid sections of SDN forums and could not find any specifics about what type of private loans are available. The LECOM FinAid office did say that even most of the private loans require certification by the school. In that case the school would not certify the loan because they cannot certify more money than they can offer you in the first place (29.5K). LECOM said that each school has a set limit for each program based on tuition and living expenses in that particular city for the amount of months that you are in school that year (these limits are set by "the government").

Last edited:
You can do Wells Fargo for loans I believe. Is the number you cite with stafford and grad plus together? I think most banks will lend to students attending an accredited medical school but that's just what I've heard.

I was wondering if anyone who has done this program could give me some advice on financial aid. The matriculation packet gives us the maximum amount of aid that can be taken out through the school. I am married and have a kid so my living expenses will be higher that a single student's (need to get a 2 bedroom apt, pay additional health insurance, etc). I don't know if my wife will be able to find a job and then we have to think about child care. I called and asked the Financial Aid office about this today and they told me that if I need more money than what is allowed through the school (which is about 29.5K), I would have to find that on my own but they do not recommend taking out private loans.

Has anyone else been planning for this? Can any of the previous students please chime in and suggest anything? Where do I begin to look for these private loans, are there other options? Do I just go to a local bank and get a school loan? What is a decent APR? Any input is much appreciated.

Edit: I was looking at the Financial Aid sections of SDN forums and could not find any specifics about what type of private loans are available. The LECOM FinAid office did say that even most of the private loans require certification by the school. In that case the school would not certify the loan because they cannot certify more money than they can offer you in the first place (29.5K). LECOM said that each school has a set limit for each program based on tuition and living expenses in that particular city for the amount of months that you are in school that year (these limits are set by "the government").
I wish I could help you. I am in the same boat as you, except that I have a wife and four kids. I also called LECOM and was told there was not much they could do so I am going to be taking money out of my IRA, as is my wife, and send it to the school when school starts so we can hopefully get a refund from the school to live on. I have to call the school and find out because the last thing I want is for them to hold it till next semester and apply it to tuition since we are going to need it to live on. I will let you know what LECOM's Financial Aid Office tells me

Hi everyone!

I had applied to LECOM and PCOM post baccs and i was accepte to both. i decided to enroll in LECOMs becauase this program seems more beneficial and quite frankly was my first choice for school anyways (for many reasons... )

Hi everyone!

I had applied to LECOM and PCOM post baccs and i was accepte to both. i decided to enroll in LECOMs becauase this program seems more beneficial and quite frankly was my first choice for school anyways (for many reasons... )

Hey Congrats on your acceptance,
Can you please tell me when you got your acceptance to LECOM? I have been waiting to hear something back from them for almost three weeks now. My file is still under review.
Hope to hear from them this week 'cos I can take it no more.

Hey guys, I am in a similar boat (wife + baby = no money) so I thought I would chime in what I know. As far as loans I know for sure that the Wells Fargo collegiate Loan (check thier site) will lend you money over the cost of living, and doesn't have to be school certified, but you have to have a cosigner (unless you make enough to not) and there is a 2% orgination fee. Also, something awesome my wife found from a random blog she read is that LECOM and MIlcreek Hospital owns most of the whole block right in front of the main campus (they are all 3 br houses) and rents them for $650 to students and residents as a recruiting tool. There is a wait list, but I recently got one after only a few months on it so its worth a shot (for this semester/year or the next). If you PM me Ill try to find the number, but the woman who runs the program is Brenda Schnell at the Milcreek Hospital. Its a pretty sweet deal, and a good way to save some cash. Hope this helps, and let me know if you guys find anything else out!

Thanks for that info sparkey. Did you talk to the FinAid office electricDO? Because I could not reach them today. jslo85, thanks for all your input throughout my decision process, you were very helpful. Can't wait to get this thing started already and meeting all of you in person. I'm kind of excited about this opportunity, can't wait to start this journey to actually become a physician one day!

Small correction, I was just looking at the Wells Fargo website and the loan that does not have to be certified by the school is the "Education Connection Loan," the "Collegiate Loan" does have to be certified by the school.

Are there any past students who can share what they did to get more money?

To everyone who is still waiting to hear back, just call Tom Ross and he will make sure you know for sure what is going on. I applied (about a month and a half ago) and got a response in about 3 weeks. Don't hesitate to call, he is very nice and I think is the main person in charge of this program, or at least the admission part of it.

FrenchToast, didn't you already apply to this program a long time ago, I think I remember reading some of your posts about your LECOM portal status not changing and then about some conflicting posts about being accepted to MD schools, etc. If you're a different person using "your friend's/cousin's" account, just create a new username/account with SDN and don't confuse people. And to answer your immediate question, I'm pretty sure the fee was $50 but it might be a little late to apply now? Call Tom to confirm if still ok to apply.

If anyone has any more info to add, about anything (financing, housing) - please share so that we may all benefit, we are all in this together!

I just got a call for the medical school today so I will be dropping my Post-Bacc seat. For anyone still thinking about applying, there will be at least one spot left. Good luck this year guys and knock them dead.

Might be a good idea for you to post that in the fb group ommdoc where there are quite a few more of us in the LECOM post-bacc for this fall.

I'm heading down to LECOM on the 5th for my security check, laptop, and ID. Is there anything else i'm responsible for doing besides this while at LECOM? (Aside from apartments)

Whomedoctor,

I applied by the end of March and heard back from them in early May. I hope this helps! the wait was dreadfull... it seemed as if i was calling Tom almost every week to see if a decision was made- i had also gotten accepted to PCOM, so i told Tom that i needed the decision over the phone because i could not wait for the mail since PCOM due date for the depost was coming up. So he was very nice and told me over the phone the decision.

The matriculation fee is 50.

Whomedoctor,

I applied by the end of March and heard back from them in early May. I hope this helps! the wait was dreadfull... it seemed as if i was calling Tom almost every week to see if a decision was made- i had also gotten accepted to PCOM, so i told Tom that i needed the decision over the phone because i could not wait for the mail since PCOM due date for the depost was coming up. So he was very nice and told me over the phone the decision.

The matriculation fee is 50.

Thank you so much for your reply Autum,
I just got a phone call couple of min ago, and was informed (by Tom) that I was accepted into the program.
So I guess I will see you all there in september.

I just visited both LECOM buildings and they are absolutely amazing... modern facilities and everyone i ran into was polite and helped with all my questions. As for living, I lucked my way into Lovell Place apartments as they had an opening arise today and they said they have a couple of single br's opening up here soon (just an fyi). see everyone in september

Welcome to LECOM. There will be alot of this throughout your time there in postbac

Hi Everyone,

I hope that this message finds you all doing well.

I just got off the phone with Harry, the Security Director and he said that the last day for med. post bacc students to get their picture ID taken and security clearance is by September 3rd.

So any time b4 now and then... you should be :thumbup:

See everyone on the 8th :)

hey, im sure it has been answered somewhere in this forum but havent read it yet...do we have to make an appointment with the security office before we go in? or can we just walk in and take care of our ID and other stuff anytime?

call ahead to make an appointment and the affair should only take about 5 minutes tops.

does anyone know if our courses are considered graduate level courses or just Post-bacc? filling out my med school apps.

Hey kamdin, sorry for not returning your call, I just checked my phone (left it at home) and realize that your time is a bit faster so I'll refrain from calling you this late.

The courses are graduate level.

As I understand it, you were a previous post-bacc student at LECOM and I feel I have to respectfully disagree with you based on several points.

First, The post-bacc and the master's program are intertwined to an extent where the post-bacc students are offered a choice of continuing on for a second year for the Masters by taking the GRE and being auto-accepted if they wanted to choose this route or did not recieve the conditional acceptance. My friend is matriculating this fall after completion of her program in April and she has told me she and her classmates were offered this choice.

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_pathways.php/biomedical-sciences%2C-master-of-science-degree-curriculum/76/0/1955/14961

That's the Masters curriculum

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_pathways....-post-baccalaureate-curriculum/76/0/1955/6923

That's the post-bacc curriculum and they are virtually identical for the first year with even Masters students attending the lectures for the same classes as the post-bacc students. If students are allowed to transfer into the Masters program upon completion of the 1 year biomedical post-bacc program, then it seems common sense to deem the credits earned in the 1 year program as graduate credits.

Second of all, graduate certificate programs are everywhere including

http://graduate.umsl.edu/programs/certificates.html

http://www.gradschool.uky.edu/certificates.html

http://www.gradcerts.usf.edu/

http://www.umuc.edu/programs/grad/certificates/

"UMUC certificates are the ideal path for individuals who do not wish to pursue a master's degree or for those who already have one or more advanced degrees and wish to add to their credentials in their field. All of the courses in each certificate program earn graduate credits that can be applied toward the parallel master's degree program."

(again the last sentence supports-reiterates the first point I was making about the post-bac students and the Masters program)

Third, the admissions department at LECOM and Tom Ross are pretty adamant on telling you to fill out the coursework as graduate on AACOMAS when they are asked the question on how to designate it when filling out the primary.

Fourth, another example would be that VCU's CERT program is also structured as a 1 year with the option of going to two years (like LECOM) and this is clearly what they say on their website.

"The Pre-Medical Health Sciences Certificate Program (CERT) of Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (SOM) is a one-year, graduate-level program for individuals seeking to enhance their qualifications for admission into professional school, including Medical, Dental, and Veterinary School. Students who complete the Certificate Program also have an opportunity to continue to a Master of Science (M.S.) or Ph.D. degree program within the School of Medicine. '

"The CERT Program is a graduate program designed for applicants who have already taken basic undergraduate courses required for medical school and other professional schools. "

Fifth, PCOM has a virtually equivalent program known as the PCOM Certificate program which everyone matriculates into automatically no matter if you are going for the 2 year Masters or simply the certificate.

"The one-year certificate program emphasizes biomedical concepts. It is designed for college graduates who are preparing for application to medical and other health professions degree programs, but who may not currently meet the competitive requirements. The courses are not designed to substitute for undergraduate premedical requirements. All course work is at the graduate level and instruction is by the medical faculty of Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Courses are held in the evening session three nights per week.

Courses are similar in subject area to the courses in the medical program at PCOM, but students benefit from instruction as a separate class. The foundation courses provide a strong base of biomedical lecture and laboratory work in a one-year, full-time evening schedule, specially designed to accommodate the non-traditional student. A post- baccalaureate certificate of graduate study is awarded for successful completion of all foundation courses.

Even as a medical student now having been a former post-bacc student, if you filled your primary as PB instead of graduate and still made it in, it doesn't make that the "correct" way of entering it in your primary (my assumption is that you did it this way, if it wasn't, then I apologize). My friend inputted hers as predicted graduate coursework and was accepted just the same. As for me, hearing it from the admissions department at LECOM and seeing equivalent programs at other osteopathic schools and allopathic schools also granting certificates with equivalent curriculums as LECOM's labelling their program as graduate level leads me to my perspective.

Last edited:
As I understand it, you were a previous post-bacc student at LECOM and I feel I have to respectfully disagree with you based on several points.

First, The post-bacc and the master's program are intertwined to an extent where the post-bacc students are offered a choice of continuing on for a second year for the Masters by taking the GRE and being auto-accepted if they wanted to choose this route or did not recieve the conditional acceptance. My friend is matriculating this fall after completion of her program in April and she has told me she and her classmates were offered this choice.

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_pathways.php/biomedical-sciences%2C-master-of-science-degree-curriculum/76/0/1955/14961

That's the Masters curriculum

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_pathways....-post-baccalaureate-curriculum/76/0/1955/6923

That's the post-bacc curriculum and they are virtually identical for the first year with even Masters students attending the lectures for the same classes as the post-bacc students. If students are allowed to transfer into the Masters program upon completion of the 1 year biomedical post-bacc program, then it seems common sense to deem the credits earned in the 1 year program as graduate credits.

Second of all, graduate certificate programs are everywhere including

http://graduate.umsl.edu/programs/certificates.html

http://www.gradschool.uky.edu/certificates.html

http://www.gradcerts.usf.edu/

http://www.umuc.edu/programs/grad/certificates/

"UMUC certificates are the ideal path for individuals who do not wish to pursue a master’s degree or for those who already have one or more advanced degrees and wish to add to their credentials in their field. All of the courses in each certificate program earn graduate credits that can be applied toward the parallel master’s degree program."

(again the last sentence supports-reiterates the first point I was making about the post-bac students and the Masters program)

Third, the admissions department at LECOM and Tom Ross are pretty adamant on telling you to fill out the coursework as graduate on AACOMAS when they are asked the question on how to designate it when filling out the primary.

Fourth, another example would be that VCU's CERT program is also structured as a 1 year with the option of going to two years (like LECOM) and this is clearly what they say on their website.

"The Pre-Medical Health Sciences Certificate Program (CERT) of Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (SOM) is a one-year, graduate-level program for individuals seeking to enhance their qualifications for admission into professional school, including Medical, Dental, and Veterinary School. Students who complete the Certificate Program also have an opportunity to continue to a Master of Science (M.S.) or Ph.D. degree program within the School of Medicine. '

"The CERT Program is a graduate program designed for applicants who have already taken basic undergraduate courses required for medical school and other professional schools. "

Fifth, PCOM has a virtually equivalent program known as the PCOM Certificate program which everyone matriculates into automatically no matter if you are going for the 2 year Masters or simply the certificate.

"The one-year certificate program emphasizes biomedical concepts. It is designed for college graduates who are preparing for application to medical and other health professions degree programs, but who may not currently meet the competitive requirements. The courses are not designed to substitute for undergraduate premedical requirements. All course work is at the graduate level and instruction is by the medical faculty of Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Courses are held in the evening session three nights per week.

Courses are similar in subject area to the courses in the medical program at PCOM, but students benefit from instruction as a separate class. The foundation courses provide a strong base of biomedical lecture and laboratory work in a one-year, full-time evening schedule, specially designed to accommodate the non-traditional student. A post- baccalaureate certificate of graduate study is awarded for successful completion of all foundation courses.

Even as a medical student now having been a former post-bacc student, if you filled your primary as PB instead of graduate and still made it in, it doesn't make that the "correct" way of entering it in your primary (my assumption is that you did it this way, if it wasn't, then I apologize). My friend inputted hers as predicted graduate coursework and was accepted just the same. As for me, hearing it from the admissions department at LECOM and seeing equivalent programs at other osteopathic schools and allopathic schools also granting certificates with equivalent curriculums as LECOM's labelling their program as graduate level leads me to my perspective.

Wow, that's quite a lengthy response. Unfortunately, there's nothing on the website that answers the question so I guess everyone simply has to go by what LECOM administration says. Definitely do NOT go by what other schools do since LECOM is definitely not like any other schools.

What I do know is that when I did post-bac it was chartered by the state as an undergraduate certificate program. Either way, most schools require your application before your first semester post-bac grades will be available for your AACOMAS. They will most likely be reviewed as part of your secondary so your primary application will determine whether you get past the initial round of screening.

thanks for you help jslo85, also im applyin to some other schools does anyone think its a good idea to mention the lecom post bacc program on the primary app essays?!! I was think writing about 3-4 sentences towards the bottom but havent decided.

How large will this incoming class be for the LECOM post-bacc program? Any idea guys?

Tom told me 60 students. He also said that LECOM is ready to accept all 60 students to their own med school if we all meet the conditional acceptance requirements.

The 60 students to my understanding usually include about 50 students that are aiming strictly for only the biomedical 1 year post-bacc program and a few who are pre-pharm going for the pharmacy post-bacc into LECOM's pharm program as well as a few DO students second semester and a few masters students.

If you are doing the one year post-bac and hope to get in to LECOM as a med student, a few words of advice.

1) Get as close to a 4.0 GPA as you can during the first semester. It is one of the biggest things that admissions looks at when considering your application.

2) Don't slack off second semester just because you get in to med school, you still have to pass post-bac to be awarded admission to LECOM.

3) Get as much out of post-bac as you can. If you plan on going to LECOM you will have the same professors and pretty much everything you will be learning in post-bac over again. Get it down while in post-bac and you only have small amounts to study at one time, and it's a heck of a lot less that you need to worry about when actually in med school (you have a huge advantage in that you've seen test questions just like or identical to what you'll have in med school).

4) Enjoy yourself (i.e. only having a few hours of class per day), medical school is a solid 6-8 hours of lecture material plus hours of studying (on average), so take this opportunity to relax just a bit.

5) Visit the main campus - post-bac is mainly at the bayfront campus, but take advantage of having access to the main campus to get an idea of what LECOM is like. I don't know if it's still allowed, but back when I did it we could sit in on any lectures we wanted to. I know that last year we had post-bac students watch our H&P classes and it's a great preview of coming attractions. If you're on the fence about going to LECOM for medical school it's a good way to make your decision.

6) Good Luck !!!! Hopefully everyone makes it in to med school (wherever you want to go) or pharmacy school (or gets their masters).

If you are doing the one year post-bac and hope to get in to LECOM as a med student, a few words of advice.

1) Get as close to a 4.0 GPA as you can during the first semester. It is one of the biggest things that admissions looks at when considering your application.

2) Don't slack off second semester just because you get in to med school, you still have to pass post-bac to be awarded admission to LECOM.

3) Get as much out of post-bac as you can. If you plan on going to LECOM you will have the same professors and pretty much everything you will be learning in post-bac over again. Get it down while in post-bac and you only have small amounts to study at one time, and it's a heck of a lot less that you need to worry about when actually in med school (you have a huge advantage in that you've seen test questions just like or identical to what you'll have in med school).

4) Enjoy yourself (i.e. only having a few hours of class per day), medical school is a solid 6-8 hours of lecture material plus hours of studying (on average), so take this opportunity to relax just a bit.

5) Visit the main campus - post-bac is mainly at the bayfront campus, but take advantage of having access to the main campus to get an idea of what LECOM is like. I don't know if it's still allowed, but back when I did it we could sit in on any lectures we wanted to. I know that last year we had post-bac students watch our H&P classes and it's a great preview of coming attractions. If you're on the fence about going to LECOM for medical school it's a good way to make your decision.

6) Good Luck !!!! Hopefully everyone makes it in to med school (wherever you want to go) or pharmacy school (or gets their masters).

Thank you for the post. I will make sure I take full advantage of this info.

.I’m looking for a roommate to share a really nice, modern updated 900 sq.ft., 2Br/2Ba condo (yes, you get your own bathroom!) located right at the entrance to Presque Isle (6th and Penninsula), about 2 miles from the LECOM Bayfront campus. The unit is on the top (2nd) floor, is super quiet, carpeted, has a coin-op laundry down the hall, and has included parking in the lot just outside (plowed in the winter, I’m told). .

.I’m a young 30-ish female, new faculty at a local university, non-smoker. I dislike wasting energy, so people who need the tv/stereo/lights on at all times or who keep the heat/ac on high needn’t respond. I prefer shoes taken off at the door, and all common areas to be kept in “parent-ready” condition. I may not be bringing any furnishings other than my bedroom at first, so you can bring kitchen/living/dining room stuff if you have it. I’m a quiet person, very respectful of other people’s space, property, and food and expect the same from a roommate. This would be ideal for the serious student who wants a comfortable quiet place to study after a day in class. I prefer a female roommate, but males will be considered..

.Rent is $325, plus half of electric and internet. We can split cable tv too if you want it. No pets are allowed. The lease runs from Aug. 16 to the end of May..

.I can’t show it until after Aug. 16, but can send pics before then. Contact me with details about yourself and lifestyle if interested. .