-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) - Galveston Application Thread
Started by sector9
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
this looks like a great school! hope I can interview here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my top schools as well, although I hear they really prefer people with high GPAs (3.85+)
🙁
🙁
Did anyone else get an e-mail?
Good to see things are moving pretty quickly. Maybe we will get to see comments about interview invites in early July. 🙂 Good luck to those applying!
Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee. To check on the status of your application please continue to check the TMDSAS website for completeness.
Good to see things are moving pretty quickly. Maybe we will get to see comments about interview invites in early July. 🙂 Good luck to those applying!
I also received this email. OOS. My TMDSAS was transmitted to schools on June 5th.Did anyone else get an e-mail?
Good to see things are moving pretty quickly. Maybe we will get to see comments about interview invites in early July. 🙂 Good luck to those applying!
Did anyone else get an e-mail?
Good to see things are moving pretty quickly. Maybe we will get to see comments about interview invites in early July. 🙂 Good luck to those applying!
I also received this email. OOS. My TMDSAS was transmitted to schools on June 5th.
+1
They send out their notifications on 6/19 every year.. judging from last 2 year's threads.
+1
they send out their notifications on 6/19 every year.. Judging from last 2 year's threads.
+1 oos
Finally got the email! I think my GPA is a bit low for UTMB but I'm hoping they like my ECs enough to give me an interview 🙂
Finally got the email! I think my GPA is a bit low for UTMB but I'm hoping they like my ECs enough to give me an interview 🙂
yea me too. Their median is a 3.85....
😱😱
yea me too. Their median is a 3.85....
😱😱
Yeah...If I had a 3.85 GPA this wouldn't be my third time applying to medical school...
Yeah...If I had a 3.85 GPA this wouldn't be my third time applying to medical school...
I think they are the only school that places so much emphasis on GPA versus the MCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea me too. Their median is a 3.85....
😱😱
I don't think that's true. The MSAR stats are inflated because it is for admitted students.
I don't think that's true. The MSAR stats are inflated because it is for admitted students.
And there's someone here who got in at utmb with 27 and 3.4.
I don't think that's true. The MSAR stats are inflated because it is for admitted students.
👍
My application was transmitted last week but I still haven't received an email from UTMB...how long did it take for you guys?
Hey yall, UTMB is next to send out first round of II after TCOM. The date was 7/02 last year, which would mean some of us will hear from them next week. I think El Paso is a couple days after UTMB. Anyway...good luck!!!
To misschiveous- I submitted my primary on 5/22
To misschiveous- I submitted my primary on 5/22
My application was transmitted last week but I still haven't received an email from UTMB...how long did it take for you guys?
I submitted mine on 5/22 and got it 6/19
@SCX1
I got a TCOM interview today. So UTMB is next, then El Paso... Do you know the order beyond those two?
Thanks
I got a TCOM interview today. So UTMB is next, then El Paso... Do you know the order beyond those two?
Thanks
@SCX1
I got a TCOM interview today. So UTMB is next, then El Paso... Do you know the order beyond those two?
Thanks
Congrats! Are you going on 7/30? That is when I have mine.
I think San Antonio, Lubbock, and Texas A&M are next in July (I forgot the order but they aren't too far apart). UTH, Southwester, and Baylor are in August.
I submitted mine on 5/22 and got it 6/19
Oh damn, looks like I won't be getting the first round of interviews 🙁
Oh well, thanks for the info!
Congrats to you too! And no I had class that day. Seems like they do them throughout the week.
I think they are the only school that places so much emphasis on GPA versus the MCAT.
cGPA or sGPA? I feel like I'm fighting a slightly uphill battle with a 29 MCAT but I'm hoping my GPA makes up for it some (3.75c, 4.0s).
cGPA or sGPA? I feel like I'm fighting a slightly uphill battle with a 29 MCAT but I'm hoping my GPA makes up for it some (3.75c, 4.0s).
I also had a 29 MCAT and I'll be matriculating at UTMB this year 🙂 I had a 4.0 GPA (cumulative and science).
cGPA or sGPA? I feel like I'm fighting a slightly uphill battle with a 29 MCAT but I'm hoping my GPA makes up for it some (3.75c, 4.0s).
I had a 27 MCAT and 3.84c and 3.77s and I too will be matriculating here come August. 🙂 You definitely have a shot here!
Looks like IIs should start going out in the next two weeks from previous years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like IIs should start going out in the next two weeks from previous years.
good luck gandalf!
good luck gandalf!
you too bud! Im already shopping around for interview attire and such! Gotta put the best foot forward, even if I get one interview.
I'm sure Ill be seeing a lot of the people in the Republic of Texas thread this year at the schools.
Are you still pending at A&M?
you too bud! Im already shopping around for interview attire and such! Gotta put the best foot forward, even if I get one interview.
I'm sure Ill be seeing a lot of the people in the Republic of Texas thread this year at the schools.
Are you still pending at A&M?
thanks gandalf. hopefully I'll meet some of you during this process. yeah I'm still pending at A&M..
I'm getting so anxious!! I'm glad that some of the AMCAS secondaries are out now so that I can stay distracted haha.
LOL Im still "ready for review".... no clue how long before I begin verification...
LOL Im still "ready for review".... no clue how long before I begin verification...
I was lucky I got mine in at 9:33 lol. But it's crazy how jammed up everything is.
I was lucky I got mine in at 9:33 lol. But it's crazy how jammed up everything is.
LOL Im still "ready for review".... no clue how long before I begin verification...
Don't worry, I haven't even started AMCAS yet

Any chances at all for an IS uGPA 3.65, sGPA:3.59 and 21 MCAT nonURM? I have really good letters and 2 research publications with decent amount of clinical volunteering. I retaking my MCAT July 2 so hopefully I can bump it up. I'm hoping, however, that I might have some luck with what I have now? I already submitted and was transmitted at 5/29.
Any chances at all for an IS uGPA 3.65, sGPA:3.59 and 21 MCAT nonURM? I have really good letters and 2 research publications with decent amount of clinical volunteering. I retaking my MCAT July 2 so hopefully I can bump it up. I'm hoping, however, that I might have some luck with what I have now? I already submitted and was transmitted at 5/29.
I can probably say with 95% confidence that you will be screened out of every school, even TCOM with that MCAT.
Not trying to put you down, just telling you the truth. There are people who have 4.0s with 24-26s that get rejected.
Yeah, I figured. I've been averaging a 24 on my AAMCS so I'm not optimistic about getting a 30 by July 2. The thing is I already applied and everything so I might as well see what can happen. What is the minimum MCAT range that would at least give me SOME sort of a shot with my current GPA?
Do you have MSAR online? They give you a range of gpa and mcat accepted in every school. According to the most recent report, the lowest mcat score is a 23 and that's for Meharry and University of Mississippi.
Yeah, I figured. I've been averaging a 24 on my AAMCS so I'm not optimistic about getting a 30 by July 2. The thing is I already applied and everything so I might as well see what can happen. What is the minimum MCAT range that would at least give me SOME sort of a shot with my current GPA?
Do you speak fluent Spanish? If so, the Puerto Rico schools are in your range.
Finally got a verification email...
3 weeks after I submitted. This whole process sucks
3 weeks after I submitted. This whole process sucks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats guys!
Just got one as well! 08/09/2013!
Just received an interview 🙂 They gave me two dates to choose from - I will be going on 8/9/13
Just got an II by email!
Congrats fellas!
When did you guys receive the email confirmation from UTMB? I received mine this week so I'm trying figure out the minimum amount of time it takes them to review your app
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K