You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UTMB (Sealy)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Non-recruitment scholarships have a formal application that you will be sent once you have matched. The deadline is usually in May. You will not hear back until August (or later).
monalisa080
Full Member
got it, thanks! then for recruitment scholarships, would that be expected to be offered with your acceptance letter (ie if you didnt get one at that time then dont expect one)?Non-recruitment scholarships have a formal application that you will be sent once you have matched. The deadline is usually in May. You will not hear back until August (or later).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey soldier! Long time since nursing @ WAMC. Looking forward to seeing you. Did you decide on UTMB or LSU?Thanks. I had forgotten the United States had a military
Do not quote me on this, but recruitment scholarships are typically offered with prematches as incentive for you to rank the school high for match. It would be a little silly to offer recruitment scholarships with the match acceptance since many TMDSAS applicants only hold 1 acceptance post-match (some have OOS but many people apply TMDSAS only).got it, thanks! then for recruitment scholarships, would that be expected to be offered with your acceptance letter (ie if you didnt get one at that time then dont expect one)?
RegisteredDork
Full Member
Glad you took my joke in good jest I understand you’re just doing your job. And I don’t think that decision is up to me.Hey soldier! Long time since nursing @ WAMC. Looking forward to seeing you. Did you decide on UTMB or LSU?
If you have not received a rejection wait for an email from them within about 2 weeks after Match Day about a WL. How many get in off the WL will depend on how many leave for other offers.
These could be Texans or OOSers taking an AMCAS offer, or leaving to a different TMDSAS school if a space opens up after match day
These could be Texans or OOSers taking an AMCAS offer, or leaving to a different TMDSAS school if a space opens up after match day
RegisteredDork
Full Member
Best of luck Friday guys
futurefwdoc
Full Member
Yes freaking out lolAnyone else nervous?
HOLY I MATCHED TO UTMB!!! so freaking grateful
Maidenless??
Full Member
Did not match. When do we find out if you are on the waitlist?
Would like to know this as wellDid not match. When do we find out if you are on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unmaskedvillian
Full Member
MATCHED
stlblues19
New Member
Matched 🎉
Brightrayofsunshine
New Member
Prematched and Matched, super excited y'all!
If you are put on UTMB waitlist, you can receive an offer anytime - there is no timeline for an offer from a waitlist for an unmatched applicant.Did not match and UTMB was my only interview. LM 70. What does the process now look like for students who did not match anywhere? Are we likely to only receive a offer after May 15th?
futurephysicianscientist7
New Member
Does anyone know if MD/PhD acceptances have rolled out, or when it will start?
Congratulations everyone and welcome to UTMB (the best Texas school, definitely unbiased)!!!!!!
For those who matched, you should be getting invited to a facebook group which also has a group me link! You can connect with your new classmates and ask questions, theres lots of people happy to help with questions as y'all make the transition this summer.
For those who matched, you should be getting invited to a facebook group which also has a group me link! You can connect with your new classmates and ask questions, theres lots of people happy to help with questions as y'all make the transition this summer.
Last edited:
Maidenless??
Full Member
On their website, it says 10-15 people get off the alternate pool. 200 total on the waitlist, so a 5 to 7.5% chance of getting off.Does anyone know what WL movement looks like for the school? I want to get a sense of what to expect. I am accepted somewhere else, and I will need to start planning to attend that school despite being WL at UTMB.
Thank you!On their website, it says 10-15 people get off the alternate pool. 200 total on the waitlist, so a 5 to 7.5% chance of getting off.
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
Matched, interviewed in december <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
Just read the offer letter, and want to be sure that I am understanding correctly:
"It is understood that acceptance of a position commits this institution to you, subject to the aforementioned conditions. Applicants holding positions at more than one school must release all positions but the school of their choice by April 30, 2026, in accordance with the traffic rules of the Association of American Medical Colleges and Texas Medical & Dental Application Services (TMDSAS)."
Does this mean that accepting my position means I have to go here, or if I hear back from another school and want to go there instead, I can? So basically, I need to accept or decline within 2 weeks, but can still give up my seat until April 30th if I like?
"It is understood that acceptance of a position commits this institution to you, subject to the aforementioned conditions. Applicants holding positions at more than one school must release all positions but the school of their choice by April 30, 2026, in accordance with the traffic rules of the Association of American Medical Colleges and Texas Medical & Dental Application Services (TMDSAS)."
Does this mean that accepting my position means I have to go here, or if I hear back from another school and want to go there instead, I can? So basically, I need to accept or decline within 2 weeks, but can still give up my seat until April 30th if I like?
Yes. I assume you are waiting on some OOS decisions and you will have to drop all but one school by April 30. You can accept this offer now.Just read the offer letter, and want to be sure that I am understanding correctly:
"It is understood that acceptance of a position commits this institution to you, subject to the aforementioned conditions. Applicants holding positions at more than one school must release all positions but the school of their choice by April 30, 2026, in accordance with the traffic rules of the Association of American Medical Colleges and Texas Medical & Dental Application Services (TMDSAS)."
Does this mean that accepting my position means I have to go here, or if I hear back from another school and want to go there instead, I can? So basically, I need to accept or decline within 2 weeks, but can still give up my seat until April 30th if I like?
justwondering10101
New Member
When should we expect this email? Thank you!Congratulations everyone and welcome to UTMB (the best Texas school, definitely unbiased)!!!!!!
For those who matched, you should be getting invited to a facebook group which also has a group me link! You can connect with your new classmates and ask questions, theres lots of people happy to help with questions as y'all make the transition this summer.
unmaskedvillian
Full Member
Has anyone received an email yet to activate your UTMB email?
No, they said it will take 2-3 business daysHas anyone received an email yet to activate your UTMB email?
justwondering10101
New Member
I know it's early, but for those who have matched, how are you going about finding housing/roommates? I joined the UTMB housing facebook group, but it's primarily nursing students. I'm hoping to be able to rent with another med student.
Last year, someone made a spreadsheet on the GroupMe to coordinate roommates. Likely something similar will go down this year (or you can start one yourself!)
Someone made a spreadsheet on the groupme where people have put if they want roommates and something about themselves.I know it's early, but for those who have matched, how are you going about finding housing/roommates? I joined the UTMB housing facebook group, but it's primarily nursing students. I'm hoping to be able to rent with another med student.
Did anyone else get the email saying "Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), John Sealy School of Medicine, Medicine program. We look forward to working with you throughout the application process." ?
justwondering10101
New Member
Where was the link to the groupme sent? I haven't seen any. Thank you!Someone made a spreadsheet on the groupme where people have put if they want roommates and something about themselves.
Sent you a DMWhere was the link to the groupme sent? I haven't seen any. Thank you!
Huge favor to ask from a current UCLA med student. Does anyone know the email format for Med Students at UTMB?
For example:
[email protected]
[email protected]
At UCLA our emails end in @mednet.ucla.edu
Really appreciate the help!
For example:
[email protected]
[email protected]
At UCLA our emails end in @mednet.ucla.edu
Really appreciate the help!
It's not standardized. Usually it's [email protected] (first two letters of first name) but some people have [email protected] (first initial + middle initial). Also, the last name is not fully spelled out, I think it's the first 6 characters.Huge favor to ask from a current UCLA med student. Does anyone know the email format for Med Students at UTMB?
For example:
[email protected]
[email protected]
At UCLA our emails end in @mednet.ucla.edu
Really appreciate the help!
Mine is first two letters of first name + my full last name (since my last name is under 6 characters).
My close friend is first initial + middle initial + first 6 letters of last.
It likely has to do with whether the first two letters of your first name are already assigned to someone else. Instead of adding a number they just move to the middle initial.
You're probably just curious about what your email will look like, but just in case: please don't guess emails to spam people. (EDIT: Sorry, reread that you're a UCLA med student, in which case my second statement stands. If you need someone's contact info, look online or ask your mutuals. If it's not public, likely they're not wanting to talk to random strangers.)
I concur, this is an odd question and makes me think someone is planning to spoof an email addressIt's not standardized. Usually it's [email protected] (first two letters of first name) but some people have [email protected] (first initial + middle initial). Also, the last name is not fully spelled out, I think it's the first 6 characters.
Mine is first two letters of first name + my full last name (since my last name is under 6 characters).
My close friend is first initial + middle initial.
It likely has to do with whether the first two letters of your first name are already assigned to someone else. Instead of adding a number they just move to the middle initial.
You're probably just curious about what your email will look like, but just in case: please don't guess emails to spam people.

I believe they usually send an email on Friday of match day with an invitation to the Facebook group. The Facebook group then has the link to the GroupMe. Did you receive it yet?When should we expect this email? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@texasresmed do you happen to know whether UTMB creates a WL, or if everyone who interviewed but didn't match here is on it?Congratulations everyone and welcome to UTMB (the best Texas school, definitely unbiased)!!!!!!
For those who matched, you should be getting invited to a facebook group which also has a group me link! You can connect with your new classmates and ask questions, theres lots of people happy to help with questions as y'all make the transition this summer.
justwondering10101
New Member
I believe they usually send an email on Friday of match day with an invitation to the Facebook group. The Facebook group then has the link to the GroupMe. Did you receive it yet?
I don't think I recieved it, as this is the only email related to social media that I have. Do you know if it was sent by the school itself or by students? I checked my spam and didn't find anything there either.
You can always try giving the admissions office a call. They are pretty friendly.View attachment 415614
I don't think I recieved it, as this is the only email related to social media that I have. Do you know if it was sent by the school itself or by students? I checked my spam and didn't find anything there either.
I could be wrong but I believe the WL is given to 200 out of about 500 interviwees@texasresmed do you happen to know whether UTMB creates a WL, or if everyone who interviewed but didn't match here is on it?
I was put on the waitlist and in the email this is what they said "The alternate pool consists of approximately 200 applicants. The entering class has 230 positions, and if the total falls below this number, the vacancies are filled from the pool. When this process is completed, an offer is made to the candidate selected."@texasresmed do you happen to know whether UTMB creates a WL, or if everyone who interviewed but didn't match here is on it?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K