How do guys in med school meet girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speeddemon

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Serious question.

Almost every good looking girl in our class is in a serious relationship. Even the average girls are pretty settled, and I am not dating a chubby or fat girl under any circumstances.

Every club or bar I've been to in this city has had way more guys than girls. Tonight, I went to a club where there were easily 2 guys for every girl. Most of the girls were in strong social circles, so it wasn't easy to approach at all.

What am I supposed to do about this? I don't want to be alone for four years.

Members don't see this ad.

... I don't want to be alone for four years.

You may want to check your math. If you couldn't make it happen in college and med school, residency probably won't be better. Sorry. :laugh:

I think there are a million and one books and websites on how to meet women. SDN isn't really the best place you might turn to for this advice. There's nothing magical about being a med student that sets you apart from all other people in situations where they aren't meeting enough new people.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Serious question.

Almost every good looking girl in our class is in a serious relationship. Even the average girls are pretty settled, and I am not dating a chubby or fat girl under any circumstances.

Every club or bar I've been to in this city has had way more guys than girls. Tonight, I went to a club where there were easily 2 guys for every girl. Most of the girls were in strong social circles, so it wasn't easy to approach at all.

"Here we go again...."

:laugh:

OP, you meet girls the same way the rest of the guys on earth do: you keep trying until you find one who likes you.

Boom. Done.

Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, what I meant to say was: you just wear your short white coat and your stethoscope everywhere and girls' panties fall of. Sorta like the movie 'The Nude Bomb.' You ever seen that? Yeah except YOU are Da Bomb--Oh, snap!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081249/

Last edited:
You may want to check your math. If you couldn't make it happen in college and med school, residency probably won't be better. Sorry. :laugh:

I think there are a million and one books and websites on how to meet women. SDN isn't really the best place you might turn to for this advice. There's nothing magical about being a med student that sets you apart from all other people in situations where they aren't meeting enough new people.

No problems in college

In this city, it seems like all the good looking girls won't even consider you if you aren't in their social circle and even the average ones have picky standards.

Last edited:
Oh, look. It's the male equivalent of the foreveralone chick thread.

I'll repeat the advice from the other thread:
Be mean to women
Lift weights
Be alpha
Wear your short white coat to the bar
Only talk to chicks with a BMI under 17.5
Make sure the chick has emotional baggage and is very insecure

Check.

Mate.

Reactions: 9 users
top 2 threads tonight:

Female medical student and feeling like I will be forever alone

How do guys in med school meet girls?

one seems a lot more popular

I forsee that this thread has the potential to be awesome.

Oh, look. It's the male equivalent of the foreveralone chick thread.

I'll repeat the advice from the other thread:
Be mean to women
Lift weights
Be alpha
Wear your short white coat to the bar
Only talk to chicks with a BMI under 17.5
Make sure the chick has emotional baggage and is very insecure

Check.

Mate.

This. Boom.

Match.com/OKCupid/Plentyoffish is running pretty rampant amongst those that are even the slightest bit older (25-26+).

I completely second the "here we go again". There is a thread on the same page that covers all the same info. Search function is your friend, OP.

Match.com/OKCupid/Plentyoffish is running pretty rampant amongst those that are even the slightest bit older (25-26+).

I completely second the "here we go again". There is a thread on the same page that covers all the same info. Search function is your friend, OP.

I've been told OkCupid is mostly just looking for early 20s ****buddies. Do with that info what you will, OP...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told OkCupid is mostly just looking for early 20s ****buddies. Do with that info what you will, OP...

Bookmarked.

At my school, which has a big undergrad population with half gunning for med school and the other half gunning for wall street, literally all you have to do is go into a college bar walk up to a girl and introduce yourself and say "Hi, I'm x, do you go here" "oh cool, I'm in the med sch-" Before you can even finish the sentence you're golden. Wish I were making this up, but I'm not. It's kind of sad.

Reactions: 1 user
Tinder.

You're welcome.

One of the dudes in my class talks about wearing his stethoscope and impersonating an Attending, claiming that it makes the "*****es *** in their pants."

Not sure if that's true at all, or just manly bravado, but I'm pretty sure that it is illegal.

This isn't a repeat of the girl's thread because girls literally just have to look good and be nice to get guys. Guys don't have that luxury for the most part.

I was complaining about the 2-1 ratio at the club, and you guys want me to jump into an 10-1 ratio with worse looking girls on OkStupid or PlentyOfIdiots? Lol no way

I'm beginning to think that throwing house parties is the best move in this city.

Last edited:
This isn't a repeat of the girl's thread because girls literally just have to look good and be nice to get guys. Guys don't have that luxury for the most part.

I was complaining about the 2-1 ratio at the club, and you guys want me to jump into an 10-1 ratio with worse looking girls on OkStupid or PlentyOfIdiots? Lol no way

I'm beginning to think that throwing house parties is the best move in this city.

Beginning to think you're a troll. I don't use the online dating sites (yet) because I am in a decent sized city with a youngish social scene, but friends of mine that are in the middle of nowhere without a social scene to be a part of have utilized online dating to pretty good success. Don't completely write off all of online dating before you try it. If you don't want to try it, then so be it, but don't come complaining to us how you can't meet girls.

Also, not sure what your standards are, but I've seen some of the pics my friends have taken when they went on their actual date (not from the online profile) and some of those chicks are pretty. Not 10/10 34DD BMI < 18 platinum blondes, but pretty nonetheless.

At my school, which has a big undergrad population with half gunning for med school and the other half gunning for wall street, literally all you have to do is go into a college bar walk up to a girl and introduce yourself and say "Hi, I'm x, do you go here" "oh cool, I'm in the med sch-" Before you can even finish the sentence you're golden. Wish I were making this up, but I'm not. It's kind of sad.

we go to similar (or the same?) schools. it's pretty crazy how the kind of women who wouldn't give me the time of day during UG are now all over me when when i drop the "yeah i just started my 3rd year of med school" line. most of these aren't LTR/wife material but still good for the occasional release.

i've never seen that happen
worked for you?

Tell them you're in grad school first, it makes you come off as humble after they ask what you study. They know that you know anatomy.

you need swag, if you need to ask you probably cant find your inner swag

btw, bars are horrible places to meet girls, i mean every place is better than bars, including whatever.

i've never seen that happen
worked for you?

I was told this by multiple guys in my class (who really aren't that good looking) who try to pick up chicks and have seen them do it at bars. I have always been in relationships, so I never had any reason to approach girls and try it. But I have been at parties where a buddy of mine would tell some undergrad I was in med school and she literally came up to me and put her hand on my chest and told me she wanted to go to med school too and asked me to leave with her (and no, I didn't do it). So yeah, I didn't really believe it until it happened to me. Maybe my school is especially shallow.

^dont do it, she will leech all your knowledge through her vajaya.

I was told this by multiple guys in my class (who really aren't that good looking) who try to pick up chicks and have seen them do it at bars. I have always been in relationships, so I never had any reason to approach girls and try it. But I have been at parties where a buddy of mine would tell some undergrad I was in med school and she literally came up to me and put her hand on my chest and told me she wanted to go to med school too and asked me to leave with her (and no, I didn't do it). So yeah, I didn't really believe it until it happened to me. Maybe my school is especially shallow.

i need to transfer

This is not the normal.

Most of the time after people find out I am med school they say 'cool' then I redirect the conversation to something that is actually interesting to talk about.

This is not the normal.

Most of the time after people find out I am med school they say 'cool' then I redirect the conversation to something that is actually interesting to talk about.

Then you're definitely not using it right. Adding the med school line should be the cherry on top in regards to your game. If you could get it in before, then bringing out the med school line will only help. If you weren't used to picking up girls before you went to med school, that line alone won't do you much help.

Okay, let's address this analytically from the top. OP, which city are you in? I'll agree with you on cities. When I was in SF...guys ten times hotter than in Austin were like crawling on their knees to talk to me. While in Austin, we are so saturated with pretty girls that I don't get that same "kid in a candy store who can pick out whatever she wants" feeling. And talking to others, it's a fact...in SF even cute guys with awesome jobs are hard-up for pretty girls. Even the very average girls in SF barely make an effort to look good and still have massive attitude. Because they can.

Ehhh, hot guys do.

^dont do it, she will leech all your knowledge through her vajaya.

You made me lmfao. I wish wish wish we had that kind of power. But I wouldn't use fritzy for anatomy.

In regard to online dating, you'd have to be a fool not to try it. It's being handed a huge stack of applicants that you can select from with insight into things that might screen them out too. You're not limited to the 6 people in the Starbucks you walked into...or the 2 people in your classes you're semi attracted to that you may not want to chance it with.

2 of the most drop dead good looking guys I've been out with I met on OKCupid. Like...you don't even see guys this good looking once a week even. One was a harvard guy in tech, the other was doing his PhD in microbiology or something...on the 3rd date when I was calling things off, he had the nerve to say "you can't stop this before you've even seen me with my shirt off". hah. Loved that.

On the other hand, I also met what I think might have been a meth head + another guy with massive birthing hips who when politely asked what he does with his free time said "I like to go to the gym and work out". Whaa? For reals?

And first date: always a coffee shop that's already on your way home anyhow.

That's my contribution regarding online dating. Take it as you will.

Last edited:
Just sleep with the new first years, PAs, or nursing students. Thats what my classmates do.

Reactions: 2 users
Serious question.

OP- Finished with my education, but thought I'd chime in as I saw your query on the homepage of SDN...

GO TO DENTAL SCHOOL. I went to both.
DSchool- better esthetic.
MedSchool. Not so much.

The same way guys not in med school meet girls.

Anywhere you go, bars/clubs will have girls in "strong social circles" or places where there are more guys than girls. Besides, you don't HAVE to go to a bar or club to meet people. There are lots of other ways.

Online is a good way to meet people. It sounds odd meeting people online, especially with the whole "catfish" stuff. However, for a lot of 20-something people, it's gaining traction.

I've heard the opposite, where OKCupid is where you will find LTR people are other places are where you go for quick fixes :naughty:

In regard to online dating, you'd have to be a fool not to try it. It's being handed a huge stack of applicants that you can select from with insight into things that might screen them out too. You're not limited to the 6 people in the Starbucks you walked into...or the 2 people in your classes you're semi attracted to that you may not want to chance it with.

2 of the most drop dead good looking guys I've been out with I met on OKCupid. Like...you don't even see guys this good looking once a week even. One was a harvard guy in tech, the other was doing his PhD in microbiology or something...on the 3rd date when I was calling things off, he had the nerve to say "you can't stop this before you've even seen me with my shirt off". hah. Loved that.

On the other hand, I also met what I think might have been a meth head + another guy with massive birthing hips who when politely asked what he does with his free time said "I like to go to the gym and work out". Whaa? For reals?

And first date: always a coffee shop that's already on your way home anyhow.

That's my contribution regarding online dating. Take it as you will.

This post is exactly why I think online dating is a total waste of time if you are a guy.

But to each their own.

The same way guys not in med school meet girls.

Anywhere you go, bars/clubs will have girls in "strong social circles" or places where there are more guys than girls. Besides, you don't HAVE to go to a bar or club to meet people. There are lots of other ways.

Online is a good way to meet people. It sounds odd meeting people online, especially with the whole "catfish" stuff. However, for a lot of 20-something people, it's gaining traction.

I was in Budapest for 6 months before medical school, and it was way easier to meet girls at clubs/bars (girls were easily 1-2 points higher there due to less obesity + more makeup lol)

You just need to look harder. If you don't like heavier girls, maybe meet people at a gym or join co-ed sports clubs. I'm assuming you are in good shape as well. ;) I know you don't have picky standards, which would make it easier to date. If you DO have picky standards, well it should be expected that you'll have to wait a while to hit some gems.

I wouldn't count out online dating...there are positives to it. Especially helpful depending on where you live.

@OP if you gotta come on SDN for advice like this I feel sorry for you.....on the bright side, I heard Brazzers is having a summer sale.....might be worth the investment for a guy in your situation :D

Serious question.

You mean they aren't beating down your door? You sound like such a winner.

Reactions: 2 users
Then you're definitely not using it right. Adding the med school line should be the cherry on top in regards to your game. If you could get it in before, then bringing out the med school line will only help. If you weren't used to picking up girls before you went to med school, that line alone won't do you much help.

Talking about jobs, schools, politics, religion, weather and other mundane stuff won't get you anywhere. you have to try to connect deeper and talk something fun and adventurous, at least in night setting. What you are decreasing is a concept called "Fool's Gold." People do get lucky here and there in drunk college parties, but they hardly do outside of such environment. You haven't been out in the real world much eh?

Tell your wing man to go up to the pretty girl and tell her you're gonna be a doctor. I swear to God, our profession is so sexy it will turn even the most selective girls onto you, even if you are sporting gynecomastia and all the other stigmata of chronic liver dz. Just make sure to get a pre nup.

In all seriousness, though, if you are single now that's a good predictor of being single for the rest of your life. Like me. Just gotta get used to being alone. Manuella will never betray you.