Help: ONE year MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressed522

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any one year MPH programs. I'm talking a year off before going to medical school and would like to get an MPH. I am interested in public health, and would love to have a degree. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Most one year programs are designed for health professionals who have been in the field for awhile.
I haven't heard of any in which you, without prior health experience, can do in one year.

I'm just finished my first year at SDSU MPH program.

Good-luck!

How did you like the SDSU MPH program and why are they still accepting applications for fall 2004??

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that you can definitely get a one-year MPH at GW. My question to you is why the haste in getting it prior to medical school (especially if you're not in a rush to use the degree right after you attain it)? Why not take a year off to do the dual degree while in medical school (btwn 2nd and 3rd yrs or otherwise)?

Hihi,

I think you can get an MPH in 1 year at Dartmouth, according to their website. Anyone know of any others?

Harvard has a one-year MPH.

Does anybody have a list of schools that offer one -year degrees in MPH? That allows admittance without being in Medical school or having health care experience?

Heal&Teach said:
I know that you can definitely get a one-year MPH at GW. My question to you is why the haste in getting it prior to medical school (especially if you're not in a rush to use the degree right after you attain it)? Why not take a year off to do the dual degree while in medical school (btwn 2nd and 3rd yrs or otherwise)?

H&T,
The mph program is 36hour program however, it is the certified degree program that takes about a year to complete at GWU. One of my close friends is doing his mph while in medical school and he took mph classes this summer (between his 1st and 2nd year) and he will finish med school and also get his mph within his 4 yrs at med school. So it is doable.

Skoundrel,
At university of texas at houston, you can finish mph in a year and i know forsure that at JHU and Harvard you can get mph degree within a year with harvard the requirement being that you have to be a professional to finish in 9 months (I am pretty sure its 9 months).

DrLady said:
H&T,

Skoundral,
At university of texas at houston, you can finish mph in a year and i know forsure that at JHU and Harvard you can get mph degree within a year with harvard the requirement being that you have to be a professional to finish in 9 months (I am pretty sure its 9 months).
Yes you are right the problem is I am not really a health professional. I need to find a school like Dartmouth that takes people with no public health experience while allowing them to finish the MPH program in one year.