HMS Status Page Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CandyApple

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry to add to the HMS anxiety, but I was just wondering if anyone has checked their status page recently? I know they're not going to post any decisions or anything like that, but I just checked mine for the hell of it, and I noticed that for some reason, my application status has been changed from "Complete" to "Incomplete". I'm very sure that it's always been complete (I interviewed back in November), so I was just wondering if anyone else has had their status changed like this, or if I should contact them to see if anything is wrong?

Thanks, and I would appreciate any replies/advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am NP only. Yikes, what a great time to be incomplete :(

I'm still listed as "Complete" for the NP and HST programs...I interviewed in mid-November.

What does all of this mean? :confused: :eek: :(

Tra La La said:
I'm still listed as "Complete" for the NP and HST programs...I interviewed in mid-November.

What does all of this mean? :confused: :eek: :(

"incomplete" here... my friend was rejected pre-interview and their status never changed from "complete".... this probably doesn't mean anything -- sorry for adding to the confusion! :scared:

good luck everyone!
:luck: :luck: :luck:

bunnyhop said:
"incomplete" here... my friend was rejected pre-interview and their status never changed from "complete".... this probably doesn't mean anything -- sorry for adding to the confusion! :scared:

good luck everyone!

Now I'm scared...probably those being accepted are going to be listed as "incomplete" until they accept the offer of admission.

Maybe I'm being neurotic, but this is what I think :eek: :idea: :(

Anyhow, I don't know if I'd go to Harvard over UCSF. Can't beat sunny Caleefornia! :)

G'luck to all! :luck:

By any chance, did the people who are incomplete submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?

I mean, FORGET to submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?

Whitney said:
By any chance, did the people who are incomplete submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?

i gave them the form on my interview day. but they told us that they don't even look at it until after you're accepted...

although i don't know why there would be different statuses for people, it's not worth speculating :( a la Frantz's little notes...sigh

bunnyhop said:
i gave them the form on my interview day. but they told us that they don't even look at it until after you're accepted...

although i don't know why there would be different statuses for people, it's not worth speculating :( a la Frantz's little notes...sigh

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

Nah. Just kidding. :)

Hmm.. incomplete here as well. I'd love to believe that means accepted, but I'm going to guess against that. Other than Tra La La anyone who's checked in the last couple of days have a "complete"?

incomplete here as well. to be honest, i really couldn't tell you if it was ever listed as complete for me. i know i got the email saying i was complete but don't think i ever went back to check the website.

also, i definitely turned in my prereqs thing on the interview day.

i really think this is just some fluke in the system. weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
brothersboff said:
Hmm.. incomplete here as well. I'd love to believe that means accepted, but I'm going to guess against that. Other than Tra La La anyone who's checked in the last couple of days have a "complete"?

Sigh. All of a sudden, I'm in the outgroup.

Maybe people who are "incomplete" can call Monday and see what that is about?

Not that I'm nosy, I'm just curious to see if it's worth it for me to wait around for an acceptance when I'm going to be rejected.

CarleneM said:
incomplete here as well. to be honest, i really couldn't tell you if it was ever listed as complete for me. i know i got the email saying i was complete but don't think i ever went back to check the website.

also, i definitely turned in my prereqs thing on the interview day.

i really think this is just some fluke in the system. weird.

Now I'm really feaking out! :( :eek: :scared:

Hmmm. seems like way more incompletes than completes? I'm in the outgroup with you, TraLL

my best guess: complete=a final decision has been made (i.e. acceptance or rejection) and incomplete=waitlist.......... thoughts?

FWIW, I'm still "complete".

LOL, does that mean "completely" rejected/waitlisted? :laugh:

For a second, I thought were in the Northwestern thread ;)

davidus said:
Hmmm. seems like way more incompletes than completes? I'm in the outgroup with you, TraLL

Did you interview both NP and HST?

Well, good luck to you and everyone here! I wish the best for you all! :)

Mateodaspy said:
my best guess: complete=a final decision has been made (i.e. acceptance or rejection) and incomplete=waitlist.......... thoughts?

are you complete? I got the sense that Harvard didn't waitlist too many...

I'm NP only.

i'm incomplete, i turned in my pre-med pre-req form at the interview and I am only NP who interviewed in December

I'm with you, Tra and davidus. Complete. I hope complete = good, but I wish this thread didn't exist. This process suuuucks :thumbdown:! Also, NP only.

I'm still complete. I only interviewed HST (just to add another variable to the matrix)

I'm still complete at Harvard, didn't get a Cornell e-mail. I don't particularly care about either school, but I can't help feeling anxious - worried. I keep telling myself I can only attend one school, but I just can't help wanting to be accepted. This really blows!

And Tra la la, shouldn't it be fah-lah-lah?

Maybe everyone will become incomplete shortly since all final decisions will (or have) been made. Perhaps the system has yet to alter everyone's status.

My roommate and his girlfriend who both are HST are both complete.... Perhaps all HST are complete and all NP are incomplete (and this has no bearing on whether or not we are accepted or rejected)... any incomplete HST or complete NP people? (If you applied to both, please indicate that)

GuyLaroche said:
I'm still complete at Harvard, didn't get a Cornell e-mail. I don't particularly care about either school, but I can't help feeling anxious - worried. I keep telling myself I can only attend one school, but I just can't help wanting to be accepted. This really blows!

GL, I thought you withdrew from Columb/Cornell

GuyLaroche said:

Remeber that movie "Babe"?

In one scene, the pig was singing, "Tra La La, Tra La La..." It was hella funnny.

And hence my name.

Mateodaspy said:
My roommate and his girlfriend who both are HST are both complete.... Perhaps all HST are complete and all NP are incomplete (and this has no bearing on whether or not we are accepted or rejected)... any incomplete HST or complete NP people? (If you applied to both, please indicate that)

Yeah, I applied and interviewed for both. But I am listed as "complete."

AHH!!!

davidus said:
are you complete? I got the sense that Harvard didn't waitlist too many...

I'm NP only.

I am incomplete

davidus said:
GL, I thought you withdrew from Columb/Cornell

Withdrew from Columbia. Got yelled at by my dad for being so - as he put it - "foolish", and so I decided to hold off on withdrawing from Cornell. Had I withdrawn from Cornell, I'd be resting comfortably now. This is precisely why I knew I should have withdrawn from NU, UChicago and the NY schools the moment I felt they weren't right for me. I am really competitive and now this has become a game of getting in despite disinterest. I should know better but somehow I can't help my beating heart.

Tra La La said:
Remeber that movie "Babe"?

In one scene, the pig was singing, "Tra La La, Tra La La..." It was hella funnny.

And hence my name.

hey you used to have that "you touched my tra la la" quote in your sig which is certainly not from the movie babe. it is, in fact, from a very salty eurotrash song: http://www.mtvasia.com/Feature/Special/Gunther/
watch the video!!

People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....

GuyLaroche said:
People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....

yeah, i second this idea...

edit: One thing I'm certain of: we're overanalyzing this

DrDarwin said:
Maybe everyone will become incomplete shortly since all final decisions will (or have) been made. Perhaps the system has yet to alter everyone's status.

If true, maybe the incompletes were reviewed earlier, and have therefore been updated in the system already. According to the webpage, it "normally takes 3-5 business days..."

CarleneM said:
hey you used to have that "you touched my tra la la" quote in your sig which is certainly not from the movie babe. it is, in fact, from a very salty eurotrash song: http://www.mtvasia.com/Feature/Special/Gunther/
watch the video!!

That was totally my bad.

Yeah, I once heard that rap song and all I remeber from it was--"You touched my Tra La La." I thought it was a funny and meaningless saying.

Well, a fellow SDNer told me otherwise, so I changed my sig.

Damn embarrassing, too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GuyLaroche said:

:) I'd like to think that but somehow I doubt it... as I am now incomplete too. (thats HST for those who care, oh and I turned in that little form thing).

I have to believe that this has no reflection on admissions though. It just seems too random.

GuyLaroche said:

:laugh: :laugh: i'm sticking to my complete=acceptance/rejection and incomplete=waitlisted theory. keep up with the ingratiating posts, though. i enjoy them. :thumbup:

this is nuts! does anyone actually know that they went from the complete status to an incomplete status on the site (other than getting the complete email a long long time ago)? i really don't think "incomplete" is synonymous with anything other than computer glitch.

this thread is making me even more crazy.

mine is incomplete.
NP only, interviewed Dec.

Where's Ms. Simmer? Knowing her status would undoubtedly shed some light on this matter :rolleyes:.

CarleneM said:
this is nuts! does anyone actually know that they went from the complete status to an incomplete status on the site (other than getting the complete email a long long time ago)? i really don't think "incomplete" is synonymous with anything other than computer glitch.

Yes, I'm 100% sure that I was complete all the times I've checked before. Of course, I stopped checking in Jan. when I gave up hoping that they'd post any decisions on there, but my status definitely changed. But yes, I agree...I think this is just some administrative thing and isn't meant to tell us anything. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll all just have to suck it up and wait until next week! :oops:

just a thought: harvard would want to change the status of the smaller group because it's less work for them... my guess is that incomplete = accepted.

Saddened said:
just a thought: harvard would want to change the status of the smaller group because it's less work for them... my guess is that incomplete = accepted.

I hate to have to say it but I firmly, firmly think you're right.

Ah, beautiful...

The randomness of this process is great :)

I interviewed in December for HST and MSTP --> incomplete. Don't know if this helps any!

Hopefully the admissions committee isn't evil :smuggrin: enough to post hints on their website!!!!

while i still think this is probably a fluke the only other possible explanation i have come up with is the following:

that status page has been used to acknowledge the receipt of things- mcat test scores, letters, payment and submission of the online app. when you are waitlisted or accepted you have to turn in something accepting or declining what was offered. so it would follow that they will now use it to track whether or not they have recieved the response of a person who has been waitlisted or accepted. rejected people have nothing to turn in and are therefore complete.

CarleneM said:
while i still think this is probably a fluke the only other possible explanation i have come up with is the following:

that status page has been used to acknowledge the receipt of things- mcat test scores, letters, payment and submission of the online app. when you are waitlisted or accepted you have to turn in something accepting or declining what was offered. so it would follow that they will now use it to track whether or not they have recieved the response of a person who has been waitlisted or accepted. rejected people have nothing to turn in and are therefore complete.

This means I was rejected! Oh, well...

CarleneM, are you complete? 'Cause if you and Mateodaspy are incomplete then I am almost certain the theory is right. Now, I wish Runmimi would post her status.