CandyApple

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
8
0
Status
Hi everyone,

Sorry to add to the HMS anxiety, but I was just wondering if anyone has checked their status page recently? I know they're not going to post any decisions or anything like that, but I just checked mine for the hell of it, and I noticed that for some reason, my application status has been changed from "Complete" to "Incomplete". I'm very sure that it's always been complete (I interviewed back in November), so I was just wondering if anyone else has had their status changed like this, or if I should contact them to see if anything is wrong?

Thanks, and I would appreciate any replies/advice!
 
OP
C

CandyApple

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
8
0
Status
I am NP only. Yikes, what a great time to be incomplete :(
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
I'm still listed as "Complete" for the NP and HST programs...I interviewed in mid-November.

What does all of this mean? :confused: :eek: :(
 

bunnyhop

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
14
0
Status
Tra La La said:
I'm still listed as "Complete" for the NP and HST programs...I interviewed in mid-November.

What does all of this mean? :confused: :eek: :(
"incomplete" here... my friend was rejected pre-interview and their status never changed from "complete".... this probably doesn't mean anything -- sorry for adding to the confusion! :scared:

good luck everyone!
:luck: :luck: :luck:
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
bunnyhop said:
"incomplete" here... my friend was rejected pre-interview and their status never changed from "complete".... this probably doesn't mean anything -- sorry for adding to the confusion! :scared:

good luck everyone!
:luck: :luck: :luck:
Now I'm scared...probably those being accepted are going to be listed as "incomplete" until they accept the offer of admission.

Maybe I'm being neurotic, but this is what I think :eek: :idea: :(

Anyhow, I don't know if I'd go to Harvard over UCSF. Can't beat sunny Caleefornia! :)

G'luck to all! :luck:
 

Whitney

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
121
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
By any chance, did the people who are incomplete submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?
 

Whitney

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
121
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I mean, FORGET to submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?
 

bunnyhop

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
14
0
Status
Whitney said:
By any chance, did the people who are incomplete submit that form about pre-med pre-requisites on interview day?
i gave them the form on my interview day. but they told us that they don't even look at it until after you're accepted...

although i don't know why there would be different statuses for people, it's not worth speculating :( a la Frantz's little notes...sigh
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
bunnyhop said:
i gave them the form on my interview day. but they told us that they don't even look at it until after you're accepted...

although i don't know why there would be different statuses for people, it's not worth speculating :( a la Frantz's little notes...sigh
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

Nah. Just kidding. :)
 

brothersboff

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
74
0
Status
Hmm.. incomplete here as well. I'd love to believe that means accepted, but I'm going to guess against that. Other than Tra La La anyone who's checked in the last couple of days have a "complete"?
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
incomplete here as well. to be honest, i really couldn't tell you if it was ever listed as complete for me. i know i got the email saying i was complete but don't think i ever went back to check the website.

also, i definitely turned in my prereqs thing on the interview day.

i really think this is just some fluke in the system. weird.
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
brothersboff said:
Hmm.. incomplete here as well. I'd love to believe that means accepted, but I'm going to guess against that. Other than Tra La La anyone who's checked in the last couple of days have a "complete"?
Sigh. All of a sudden, I'm in the outgroup.

Maybe people who are "incomplete" can call Monday and see what that is about?

Not that I'm nosy, I'm just curious to see if it's worth it for me to wait around for an acceptance when I'm going to be rejected.
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
CarleneM said:
incomplete here as well. to be honest, i really couldn't tell you if it was ever listed as complete for me. i know i got the email saying i was complete but don't think i ever went back to check the website.

also, i definitely turned in my prereqs thing on the interview day.

i really think this is just some fluke in the system. weird.
Now I'm really feaking out! :( :eek: :scared:
 

Mateodaspy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
531
1
Boston, MA
Status
my best guess: complete=a final decision has been made (i.e. acceptance or rejection) and incomplete=waitlist.......... thoughts?
 

crimsoncash

Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
80
1
Status
FWIW, I'm still "complete".

LOL, does that mean "completely" rejected/waitlisted? :laugh:

For a second, I thought were in the Northwestern thread ;)
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
davidus said:
Hmmm. seems like way more incompletes than completes? I'm in the outgroup with you, TraLL
Did you interview both NP and HST?

Well, good luck to you and everyone here! I wish the best for you all! :)

:luck: :luck: :luck:
 

davidus

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
166
0
Cali
Visit site
Status
Mateodaspy said:
my best guess: complete=a final decision has been made (i.e. acceptance or rejection) and incomplete=waitlist.......... thoughts?
are you complete? I got the sense that Harvard didn't waitlist too many...

I'm NP only.
 

Mateodaspy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
531
1
Boston, MA
Status
i'm incomplete, i turned in my pre-med pre-req form at the interview and I am only NP who interviewed in December
 

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
284
0
Down House
Status
I'm with you, Tra and davidus. Complete. I hope complete = good, but I wish this thread didn't exist. This process suuuucks :thumbdown:! Also, NP only.
 

Graat

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
134
0
San Francisco
Status
I'm still complete. I only interviewed HST (just to add another variable to the matrix)
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
I'm still complete at Harvard, didn't get a Cornell e-mail. I don't particularly care about either school, but I can't help feeling anxious - worried. I keep telling myself I can only attend one school, but I just can't help wanting to be accepted. This really blows!

And Tra la la, shouldn't it be fah-lah-lah?
 

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
284
0
Down House
Status
Maybe everyone will become incomplete shortly since all final decisions will (or have) been made. Perhaps the system has yet to alter everyone's status.
 

Mateodaspy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
531
1
Boston, MA
Status
My roommate and his girlfriend who both are HST are both complete.... Perhaps all HST are complete and all NP are incomplete (and this has no bearing on whether or not we are accepted or rejected)... any incomplete HST or complete NP people? (If you applied to both, please indicate that)
 

davidus

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
166
0
Cali
Visit site
Status
GuyLaroche said:
I'm still complete at Harvard, didn't get a Cornell e-mail. I don't particularly care about either school, but I can't help feeling anxious - worried. I keep telling myself I can only attend one school, but I just can't help wanting to be accepted. This really blows!

And Tra la la, shouldn't it be fah-lah-lah?
GL, I thought you withdrew from Columb/Cornell
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
GuyLaroche said:
I'm still complete at Harvard, didn't get a Cornell e-mail. I don't particularly care about either school, but I can't help feeling anxious - worried. I keep telling myself I can only attend one school, but I just can't help wanting to be accepted. This really blows!

And Tra la la, shouldn't it be fah-lah-lah?
Remeber that movie "Babe"?

In one scene, the pig was singing, "Tra La La, Tra La La..." It was hella funnny.

And hence my name.
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
Mateodaspy said:
My roommate and his girlfriend who both are HST are both complete.... Perhaps all HST are complete and all NP are incomplete (and this has no bearing on whether or not we are accepted or rejected)... any incomplete HST or complete NP people? (If you applied to both, please indicate that)
Yeah, I applied and interviewed for both. But I am listed as "complete."

AHH!!!
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
davidus said:
GL, I thought you withdrew from Columb/Cornell
Withdrew from Columbia. Got yelled at by my dad for being so - as he put it - "foolish", and so I decided to hold off on withdrawing from Cornell. Had I withdrawn from Cornell, I'd be resting comfortably now. This is precisely why I knew I should have withdrawn from NU, UChicago and the NY schools the moment I felt they weren't right for me. I am really competitive and now this has become a game of getting in despite disinterest. I should know better but somehow I can't help my beating heart.
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Tra La La said:
Remeber that movie "Babe"?

In one scene, the pig was singing, "Tra La La, Tra La La..." It was hella funnny.

And hence my name.
hey you used to have that "you touched my tra la la" quote in your sig which is certainly not from the movie babe. it is, in fact, from a very salty eurotrash song: http://www.mtvasia.com/Feature/Special/Gunther/
watch the video!!
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....
 

davidus

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
166
0
Cali
Visit site
Status
GuyLaroche said:
People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....
yeah, i second this idea...

edit: One thing I'm certain of: we're overanalyzing this
 

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
284
0
Down House
Status
DrDarwin said:
Maybe everyone will become incomplete shortly since all final decisions will (or have) been made. Perhaps the system has yet to alter everyone's status.
If true, maybe the incompletes were reviewed earlier, and have therefore been updated in the system already. According to the webpage, it "normally takes 3-5 business days..."
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
CarleneM said:
hey you used to have that "you touched my tra la la" quote in your sig which is certainly not from the movie babe. it is, in fact, from a very salty eurotrash song: http://www.mtvasia.com/Feature/Special/Gunther/
watch the video!!
That was totally my bad.

Yeah, I once heard that rap song and all I remeber from it was--"You touched my Tra La La." I thought it was a funny and meaningless saying.

Well, a fellow SDNer told me otherwise, so I changed my sig.

Damn embarrassing, too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 

ellia08

Medicine + Math = Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
370
0
35
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
GuyLaroche said:
People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....

:) I'd like to think that but somehow I doubt it... as I am now incomplete too. (thats HST for those who care, oh and I turned in that little form thing).

I have to believe that this has no reflection on admissions though. It just seems too random.
 

Mateodaspy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
531
1
Boston, MA
Status
GuyLaroche said:
People, if Mateodaspy is incomplete, then I predict incomplete = acceptance. He gets in everywhere. So, this is not looking good for the "completes"....
:laugh: :laugh: i'm sticking to my complete=acceptance/rejection and incomplete=waitlisted theory. keep up with the ingratiating posts, though. i enjoy them. :thumbup:
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
this is nuts! does anyone actually know that they went from the complete status to an incomplete status on the site (other than getting the complete email a long long time ago)? i really don't think "incomplete" is synonymous with anything other than computer glitch.
 

leaft

Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
86
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
this thread is making me even more crazy.

mine is incomplete.
NP only, interviewed Dec.
 

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
284
0
Down House
Status
Where's Ms. Simmer? Knowing her status would undoubtedly shed some light on this matter :rolleyes:.
 
OP
C

CandyApple

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
8
0
Status
CarleneM said:
this is nuts! does anyone actually know that they went from the complete status to an incomplete status on the site (other than getting the complete email a long long time ago)? i really don't think "incomplete" is synonymous with anything other than computer glitch.
Yes, I'm 100% sure that I was complete all the times I've checked before. Of course, I stopped checking in Jan. when I gave up hoping that they'd post any decisions on there, but my status definitely changed. But yes, I agree...I think this is just some administrative thing and isn't meant to tell us anything. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll all just have to suck it up and wait until next week! :oops:
 

Saddened

New Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
2
0
Status
just a thought: harvard would want to change the status of the smaller group because it's less work for them... my guess is that incomplete = accepted.
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
Saddened said:
just a thought: harvard would want to change the status of the smaller group because it's less work for them... my guess is that incomplete = accepted.
I hate to have to say it but I firmly, firmly think you're right.
 

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
577
0
Caleefornia
Status
Ah, beautiful...

The randomness of this process is great :)
 

Dentotape

Dentotape
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2004
21
0
Status
I interviewed in December for HST and MSTP --> incomplete. Don't know if this helps any!
 

Sparky Man

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
445
0
Status
Medical Student
Hopefully the admissions committee isn't evil :smuggrin: enough to post hints on their website!!!!
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
while i still think this is probably a fluke the only other possible explanation i have come up with is the following:

that status page has been used to acknowledge the receipt of things- mcat test scores, letters, payment and submission of the online app. when you are waitlisted or accepted you have to turn in something accepting or declining what was offered. so it would follow that they will now use it to track whether or not they have recieved the response of a person who has been waitlisted or accepted. rejected people have nothing to turn in and are therefore complete.
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
CarleneM said:
while i still think this is probably a fluke the only other possible explanation i have come up with is the following:

that status page has been used to acknowledge the receipt of things- mcat test scores, letters, payment and submission of the online app. when you are waitlisted or accepted you have to turn in something accepting or declining what was offered. so it would follow that they will now use it to track whether or not they have recieved the response of a person who has been waitlisted or accepted. rejected people have nothing to turn in and are therefore complete.
This means I was rejected! Oh, well...

CarleneM, are you complete? 'Cause if you and Mateodaspy are incomplete then I am almost certain the theory is right. Now, I wish Runmimi would post her status.