HMS Status Page Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sparky Man said:
Hey,

I didn't get in, but I made the waitlist at Harvard!
Here's the critical data: incomplete, could not log in.
Good luck everyone!

Sparky

Oh, the annoying thing is they sent it to my permanent address in California.

Members don't see this ad.

ahhhh...just found out i got in in Cali !!!

incomplete and could log in :)

ohh my...i never dreamed this would happen

Sparky Man said:
Oh, the annoying thing is they sent it to my permanent address in California.

Hey SparkyMan,

Did you list this as your preferred address on AMCAS? I still haven't heard anything in NYC (my preferred) and am beginning to wonder if the letter went home -- where the mail is on hold for the next three months...

Members don't see this ad :)
sven said:
Hey SparkyMan,

Did you list this as your preferred address on AMCAS? I still haven't heard anything in NYC (my preferred) and am beginning to wonder if the letter went home -- where the mail is on hold for the next three months...

Hey sven,
They sent it to my permanent address, not my preferred address. Maybe that's why you haven't heard.

Sparky

yeah me too...they sent it to my permanent address

IAmAUser said:
I'm in the same situation! In upstate NY and the mail at my permanent address is on hold for a month. Are you going to call about it? Let me know if you do :)

I called and they could only tell me that they have my correct address as preferred - they did not confirm that it was actually the address used in mailing the decision. As we know from Sparky Man's case, they do make mistakes.

Now that the financial aid page's back online and I can't log in, I know that it's a moot point...but I still want my letter.

Please post if you figure out what to do (other than wait until the 21st and have them send another).

I got in to New Pathways (I interviewed both)!!! I'm definitely going and just withdrew from most of my other schools! HMS 2009!!!

*I was able to log in, incomplete, to my preferred address in North Carolina :D

Could everyone also please list what state they are in?

DAY 5: Still no word in Texas....

RunMimi said:
I got in to New Pathways (I interviewed both)!!! I'm definitely going and just withdrew from most of my other schools! HMS 2009!!!

*I was able to log in, incomplete, to my preferred address :D

Runmimi!!!! yeah!!!!!! That's awesome. I had thought you preferred duke but am glad to hear you'll be joining me at HMS. :thumbup:

I'm in Boston and STILL nothing. HST, why do you hate me? Rargh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected from NP. (I did not receive a HST rejection yet--maybe tomorrow?)

Complete-->could not log in.

Congrats to all!

GuyLaroche said:
I was rejected.

Sorry Guy, but I know that you'll probably have some other cool places to choose from.

:luck: to everyone else waiting.

My first post!

Rejected! Complete, could not log-in, from NYC.

No Preparation-H for me.

best of luck to those still waiting and congratulations to those accepted.

Tra La La said:
Sorry Guy, but I know that you'll probably have some other cool places to choose from.

:luck: to everyone else waiting.

Thanks. I like your positive spirit! Good luck to you as well.

accepted today!!
incomplete
could log in
in upstate ny

leverp2000 said:
Waitlisted HST
Could not log on.
Michigan

Are the HST notifications on the general HMS letterhead, or on HST letterhead?

I am trying to figure out if the rejection letter I received was for NP only, or for both NP and HST. Does anyone know if these two programs send individual letters, or only one letter?

Tra La La said:
Just got rejected from NP. (I did not receive a HST rejection yet--maybe tomorrow?)
Complete-->could not log in.
Congrats to all!

Hey, sorry to hear Tra La La & GuyLaroche. Hope you get all the other acceptances you want. Good luck!!

Sparky Man said:
Hey, sorry to hear Tra La La & GuyLaroche. Hope you get all the other acceptances you want. Good luck!!

Thanks!

Best of luck on the waitlist...I hope it turns out well!

Waitlisted
HST
incomplete
could not log in
Michigan

ellia08 said:
Waitlisted
HST
incomplete
could not log in
Michigan

ellia08--was your letter on general HMS letterhead, or on HST letterhead?

I got a rejection from the HMS admissions office today, and I wasn't sure if it was for NP or both NP+HST. Should I be waiting for a second rejection letter?

Thanks!

Tra La La said:

I got a rejection from the HMS admissions office today, and I wasn't sure if it was for NP or both NP+HST. Should I be waiting for a second rejection letter?

Thanks!

I got the same letter. I interviewed for both. I think it refers to both.

Finally news in TX.

Acceptance to NP. Incomplete. Could log-in. Mailed to preferred mailing address, but letter itself addressed to permanent address. Very excitied =) (Second look weekend April 28-30) -- Guess I'll be celebrating my 22nd in Boston!

Mateodaspy said:
Finally news in TX.

Acceptance to NP. Incomplete. Could log-in. Mailed to preferred mailing address, but letter itself addressed to permanent address. Very excitied =) (Second look weekend April 28-30) -- Guess I'll be celebrating my 22nd in Boston!

congrats, mateodaspy!! Good job, man.

Tra La La said:

Thanks!

Actually, Im not sure. :oops: The letter got sent to my permanent address so I just got a call from my parents. I should know in a few days though (they sent it to me via snail mail.)

Sorry I couldnt help more.

I got the same waitlist letter and it was on the HMS letterhead. It was a letter for both HST and NP. It said I was rejected from NP (I didn't interview for that) and I was waitlisted for HST.

Hope that helps.

leverp2000 said:
I got the same waitlist letter and it was on the HMS letterhead. It was a letter for both HST and NP. It said I was rejected from NP (I didn't interview for that) and I was waitlisted for HST.

Hope that helps.

My letter was non-specific (i.e., "we cannot offer you a spot") and the wording was generic.

So I think that it was for both the NP and HST.

Thanks! :)

Tra La La said:
My letter was non-specific (i.e., "we cannot offer you a spot") and the wording was generic.

Same news here, rejected both NP and HST.

I know this is ridiculously snobbish, but I was pissed that the letter was so generic and pooled me with the folks who didn't interview. Come on, at least acknowledge the fact that I made the first (pretty significant) cut in getting an interview!!
This whole application cycle has left my ego very bruised. I've decided to go buy myself a small-penis car as a consolation price for getting to do it all over again next year.

Yeah, rejected here too. Why did they have to send the letter to my permanent address?? Btw, good luck to all you waitlisted HSTers. I heard that last year nobody got off the waitlist, since they accept ~40 people and usually at least 30 end up going.

I've been really negative on this thread because I'm bummed out. Let me just say congratulations to those accepted and good luck to the waitlistees!!! :luck:

Graat said:

I know this is ridiculously snobbish, but I was pissed that the letter was so generic and pooled me with the folks who didn't interview. Come on, at least acknowledge the fact that I made the first (pretty significant) cut in getting an interview!!
This whole application cycle has left my ego very bruised. I've decided to go buy myself a small-penis car as a consolation price for getting to do it all over again next year.

Graat, you are hilarious. I don't understand admissions either. Unfortunately, I think there are just too many of us. Good luck, dude!! I'm sure you are going to do great wherever you go. And everyone's gonna love your small-penis car.

car-smiley-002.gif

DK3 said:
Yeah, rejected here too. Why did they have to send the letter to my permanent address??.

Yeah, that was a pretty annoying screw-up.

Graat said:

Don't worry too much about it, Graat. :)

Tra La La said:
Don't worry too much about it, Graat. :)
It's so funny that I had the same thoughts filtering through my head as Graat. I came quite close to writing a furious e-mail to the dean but I was talked out of it by well-meaning friends, who incidentally are mostly psychiatrists and psychologists.

But I think it is time to stop posting in Harvard threads. They have made it quite clear. They don't want me. Funny, I never wanted them but really as Whitney pondered in "Waiting to Exhale": why does it hurt so bad?

how about this for a funny situation? Live in Boston, no news yet..what the hell??? :mad:

LRmed2003 said:
how about this for a funny situation? Live in Boston, no news yet..what the hell??? :mad:

To those who have not yet heard:

I called the admissions office this morning and was told that a computer automatically generated the envelopes for the decision letters. It was supposed to use the preferred address but for some reason selected the permanent for a significant number of people. So if you haven't checked your permanent yet, I'd suggest you do this. Since mail's on hold for three months at my home address I have to wait until the 21st to request another decision letter. Fortunately, I as an incomplete/couldn't log on I've almost completely lost interest and am not stressing about this anymore.

LRmed2003 said:

I'm in Boston too, but as Sven said, got my thin (snif!) envelope at my permanent address. Check there.

...And although there hardly seems a point in doing this now, but HST only, no logon, complete.

waitlisted as expected (incomplete and no log in). sounds like there is a pretty good chance of getting in (50%) for waitlisted NPers, so good luck to those of you that really want to go!

kgm4 said:
waitlisted as expected (incomplete and no log in). sounds like there is a pretty good chance of getting in (50%) for waitlisted NPers, so good luck to those of you that really want to go!

kgm--

girl, i havent' heard anything yet..this is bizarre...looks like i'm headed to houston..lol

anyone else calling the office today? can't believe i live right up the street and heard nada..

~L :(