Iowa Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfulle1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many waitlisted applicants are taken each year, and when they start to find out at Carver(Iowa)? Additionally, can anyone answer what the difference is and potential benefits/drawbacks are between waitlisted instate and OOS? For reference, Im waitlisted instate at Iowa at #7, and being the neurotic pre-med I am, I was just wondering my chances of getting in.......this "in-limbo" stuff is killing me. Thanks for your help, and any comments are appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, you're in-state #7? I guess I'm screwed for this school! They tell me I'm OOS #95. :p And I thought I did well on the interview.

Messerschmitts said:
Wow, you're in-state #7? I guess I'm screwed for this school! They tell me I'm OOS #95. :p And I thought I did well on the interview.
Messerschmitts, bases on stats only--your number doesn't make any sense. Although if you look on the Iowa? thread I still say you have a chance of getting in and the OP is almost for surely in.

Messer--you've got in state tuition on your side with Cinn anyway. Leave the iowa spots to those who desire life int he tundra! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:
Messerschmitts, bases on stats only--your number doesn't make any sense. Although if you look on the Iowa? thread I still say you have a chance of getting in and the OP is almost for surely in.

Messer--you've got in state tuition on your side with Cinn anyway. Leave the iowa spots to those who desire life int he tundra! :)

Wait--! When did you guys get the waitlist rank number letter? I'm supposed to hear from them as well, but haven't yet. Do they specifically tell you what number you are, or did you have to call to find out? Thanks.

discus said:
Wait--! When did you guys get the waitlist rank number letter? I'm supposed to hear from them as well, but haven't yet. Do they specifically tell you what number you are, or did you have to call to find out? Thanks.
The letter was postmarked the 8th, and I received it on Saturday. They mentioned specifically what number you were waitlisted on, and on which-either the out of state, or instate. I havent called yet, but plan on doing it today. Best of luck.

oh boy i am #12....:-\ and NERVOUS

Messerschmitts said:

Last year, i was waitlisted as number 70ish OOS i believe....i got off of the waitlist in late July.

Lots of movement happened in late may...i moved up to like number 20 by then...

good luck to all